so where's my thread gone and why?

Comments

• motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Was it not deleted because he asked all threads he started to be deleted. Got what he asked for, then wondered why and got funny about it? He didn't get an answer to the request as it didn't warrant an answer.

you are a simpleton :roll:
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    motopatter wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Was it not deleted because he asked all threads he started to be deleted. Got what he asked for, then wondered why and got funny about it? He didn't get an answer to the request as it didn't warrant an answer.

How to win friends and influence people
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • motopatter
    I think you'll find it was because he had a rattle out of the pram moment and started using four letters words to describe someone

not me first. Look at hybedenbiker or whatever his name is. He called me a cnut first I merely returned the complement in a later post. Maybe it was him/ her who threw their toys out the pram? They were very abusive toward me and my family at any rate - maybe mods thought they overstepped a line?
    I asked where it had gone and why as I'd not been notified out of courtesy. I was working in the day and between am and pm it was gone. Now it appears forum bullies are at it again :cry:
  • motopatter
    spen666 wrote:
    motopatter wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

How to win friends and influence people

read what they have written (derogatory about me IMO) and then look at the thread title and the thread starter :wink:

Are you having difficulty too?
  • motopatter
    edited July 2011
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    The OP has form. He implied that I was a kiddie fiddler a while back and it was not apprecieated.
    I have no respect for him.

Haha, you can't take a joke. And if I remember correctly this was pointed out to you by a couple of other members. You threw your toys out the pram and looked foolish.
    Keep that in context, presenting the facts - suggest you link to the thread and let others decide for themselves?

here I've been bothered to find it for you -

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... do&start=0

upon re-reading it, IMO, you are quite the bully :lol:
  • spen666
    This is a master class in how to win friends and influence people and how everything is someone else's fault even when its something you post

Twittering @spen_666
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    motopatter wrote:
    to be very honest I have already notified them I wish all threads started by me to be deleted :roll:

Forgive me for being simple, I thought they might have done as you asked therefore rendering this thread pointless.
  • motopatter
    spen666 wrote:
    This is a master class in how to win friends and influence people and how everything is someone else's fault even when its something you post

maybe my penny has dropped here

"Veronese68 wrote:
    Was it not deleted because he asked all threads he started to be deleted"

No I asked for my threads to be deleted after the thread which this thread is on about disappeared without explanation. It did not disappear as a result of my asking.
    If that is the correct answer then I offer sincere apologies to Veronese68. I made a mistake in interpreting what you'd written. It was not correct, but I was wrong to fling a name directly at you for my mistake. I am sorry.

Happy to make good if I've effed up. :oops:

BUT, if you think about it... if I asked for it to be removed why would I be asking where it went and why, so maybe just a little smoke and a little fire :wink::wink::wink:
  • motopatter
    Veronese68 wrote:
    motopatter wrote:
    to be very honest I have already notified them I wish all threads started by me to be deleted :roll:

Forgive me for being simple, I thought they might have done as you asked therefore rendering this thread pointless.

we're still here though :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    Appreciate we're still here. Thought perhaps this was started after the deletion, thus not being deleted. I don't know your timings. Most likely the King Canute thing then.
    I did actually think you had done nothing wrong by riding on the path and the old fella was a lunatic. Don't agree about accusations of kiddy fiddling though.
  • motopatter
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Appreciate we're still here. Thought perhaps this was started after the deletion, thus not being deleted. I don't know your timings. Most likely the King Canute thing then.
    I did actually think you had done nothing wrong by riding on the path and the old fella was a lunatic. Don't agree about accusations of kiddy fiddling though.

thanks

Thread disappeared, I then asked for all threads I started to be deleted (leaving 'contributions' I have made elsewhere for mods ease), threads all still there. Funny how easy it is to delete threads for some people and not for others :wink:

I wondered what happened while I was out that got so out of hand it had to go, without any further help from me :oops:
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    The thread will likely not have been deleted but made invisible. Which is rather easy as it is so often done it is a built in function of any good piece of forum software.

People taking flaky's and asking for every thread they've made to be deleted is not so common and is therefore not a built in function of any forum software I've come across. And I doubt the mods are going to take the time to search for every thread you've made to remove them all.

That's why your initial thread disappeared so quickly but the rest that you've requested deletion of have not.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    motopatter wrote:
    I then asked for all threads I started to be deleted
    You posted in a public forum and wanted it to be deleted? You're new to this internet malarky then?
    If it's any consolation, I'm willing to treat them as though they don't exist...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • motopatter
    dhope wrote:
    motopatter wrote:
    I then asked for all threads I started to be deleted
    You posted in a public forum and wanted it to be deleted? You're new to this internet malarky then?
    If it's any consolation, I'm willing to treat them as though they don't exist...

that would make me very happy thanks.
  • motopatter
    suzyb wrote:
    The thread will likely not have been deleted but made invisible. Which is rather easy as it is so often done it is a built in function of any good piece of forum software.

People taking flaky's and asking for every thread they've made to be deleted is not so common and is therefore not a built in function of any forum software I've come across. And I doubt the mods are going to take the time to search for every thread you've made to remove them all.

That's why your initial thread disappeared so quickly but the rest that you've requested deletion of have not.

that's what's happened to it maybe then, thanks.

still uncertain why
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    motopatter wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

still uncertain why
    Presumably because it had descending into a flame war with you vs everyone else. Throw in a sprinkling of personal insults (regardless of who started them) and a point that has long since been lost and you soon find the thread disappears.

Although on other forums I'm a member of they generally inform the thread poster why it was removed.
  • motopatter
    suzyb wrote:
    motopatter wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

still uncertain why
    Presumably because it had descending into a flame war with you vs everyone else. Throw in a sprinkling of personal insults (regardless of who started them) and a point that has long since been lost and you soon find the thread disappears.

Although on other forums I'm a member of they generally inform the thread poster why it was removed.

you're great you are, thanks.

THREAD CLOSED :)
  • spen666
    motopatter wrote:

Apparently its not

Twittering @spen_666
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    spen666 wrote:
    motopatter wrote:

Apparently its not

Yes it is
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    is it?

I don't believe it!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • motopatter wrote:

Would be nice to have an explanation..... :cry:

Have you considered complaining to Wiggle?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    I lost £10 recently and it turned up in the washing machine. I think I'd left it in my shorts.

Actually, can someone put the thread back. Sounds quite interesting now.
  • spen666
    will you all stop posting motopatter will spit his dummy again if the thread is not closed

Twittering @spen_666
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Are you speed_king in disguise?
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Ah, this thread has brightened my day.

Is it going to continue? I just bought some popcorn :)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    I love threads like this. In the first therad, the OP had a fair point, and I feel that without sla66ing off the old man 95% of the BikeRadar Commuting Community would have been on motoplaters side. But then he went all 'Harry Brown' and wanted blood, instanty, on the pavement. IMO thats what the BRCC didnt like.
    I was, for some reason, hoping that once the rattles had been given back that it would calm down and we would all be friends again. But as Spen666 has noted, mototwater has continued with his charm offensive. This pleases me as its a slow day at work and I'll have something to watch.
    Tea brewed, popcorn ready.

ROUND TWO.... :D:D:D

:wink:
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I just refuse to help anyone who throws the 'peado' [sic] tag around.

Idiots. Generally
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • motopatter
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I just refuse to help anyone who throws the 'peado' [sic] tag around.

Idiots. Generally

that's your opinion :lol: I think you're an idiot for having that opinion. That's a fact :lol:
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Last word.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Yep.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game