so where's my thread gone and why?

motopatter
motopatter Posts: 179
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
you know, the one about an old fart trying to knock me and my boy off our bike/ tag along.

Would be nice to have an explanation..... :cry:
wave your willy here !!!! :)

Comments

• DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you and your wife happy to call the guy a peado (sic) when he hadn't done anything wrong in anyway like that?

How would you feel if someone accused YOU of that when you hadn't, you'd be all over this forum moaning about it.

A friend of mine was falsely accused of that by his wife who had severe post natal depression. He hasn't seen his son for 10 years. It breaks his heart every day.

So think on;
    1. A simple joke like that can have disasterous implications for someone.
    2. If your wife is capable of doing that to an innocent man and god forbid you end up in a bitter divorce you could be next.

Not so much of a joke is it now?

I assume / hope you didn't really mean it but the result is the same for the other party.

I assume the mods removed it. The above might explain why.
    Peter
  • motopatter
    DF33 wrote:
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you and your wife happy to call the guy a peado (sic) when he hadn't done anything wrong in anyway like that?

How would you feel if someone accused YOU of that when you hadn't, you'd be all over this forum moaning about it.

A friend of mine was falsely accused of that by his wife who had severe post natal depression. He hasn't seen his son for 10 years. It breaks his heart every day.

So think on;
    1. A simple joke like that can have disasterous implications for someone.
    2. If your wife is capable of doing that to an innocent man and god forbid you end up in a bitter divorce you could be next.

Not so much of a joke is it now?

I assume / hope you didn't really mean it but the result is the same for the other party.

I assume the mods removed it. The above might explain why.

no, what your friend and his wife and their child may have been up to has not explained why my post was deleted. If he was "falsely accused" how come 10 years? Was he also 'wrongly convicted'?

[/u]
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Maybe, just maybe, it's because it was tripe.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • motopatter
    davis wrote:
    Maybe, just maybe, it's because it was tripe.

jeeez, it's a 'chat' internet forum. I posted relevant to commuting too :roll: No pleasing some people.

Maybe it was the offensive nature of some of the respondents :twisted:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    motopatter wrote:
    you know, the one about an old fart trying to knock me and my boy off our bike/ tag along.

Have you checked your pm?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • motopatter
    Greg66 wrote:
    motopatter wrote:

Have you checked your pm?

I'm afraid I really don't know how to. I have searched in my profile (ok maybe just a 'man look') and can't see any notifications on screen and nothing in my email.
    How do I find PMs please?
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Top of the screen. Look for "You are here: Home Forum: Commuting..."

Click Forum.

Your message status is displayed in a line near the top of the screen.

If you don't have a PM, it's probably because the mods hate you and are trying to get you to leave the site, but don't want to say anything obvious.

Unlucky. :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • motopatter
    Greg66 wrote:
    Top of the screen. Look for "You are here: Home Forum: Commuting..."

Click Forum.

Your message status is displayed in a line near the top of the screen.

If you don't have a PM, it's probably because the mods hate you and are trying to get you to leave the site, but don't want to say anything obvious.

Unlucky. :twisted:

yeah, no messages from any loosers :lol:

hey mods - delete my frikken profile and my posts and I will never return. Cubs honour, dib dab dob
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Forum homepage, very top section is called Bikeradar Office, go and annoy the mods ib there
  • motopatter
    Forum homepage, very top section is called Bikeradar Office, go and annoy the mods ib there

to be very honest I have already notified them I wish all threads started by me to be deleted (this is probably the easiest option for them to fulfill)- but I've not had a reply and nothing has been done.

Should I pick on your typo as is common on this forum? No, I'll let it slide..... it's not my style to be outwardly belligerent without provocation. :roll:
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    Deleting a user and all their posts from a forum tends to be really hard on forum software and its related hardware. Database thrashing all over the place, and such. Most of the forums I've used haven't done so for that reason.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Mottopater don't be a big girl! By all means leave if you want to, but you don't need to be a martyr by requesting your profile, and everything you have ever written, be deleted (it aint gonna happen).

From my perspective I think you should stick around. I thought about adding my two-peneth in your disappearing thread (this forum has been quite glitchy of late and it may just reappear), but I couldn't really be arsed with web forum ranting, but for the record I will say that, to me, it looked as though a bunch of people were just jumping on the Mr-Grumpy bandwagon. Sure the fake paedo accusation was perhaps a little tasteless, but certainly nothing to get so damn incensed about. As for the situation itself: miserable, old sod looking for any excuse to complain. When I finally get around to having little ones I fully intend to take them on rides and I fully intend to keep them safe at all times. If that means riding with them slowly on a very quite footpath, then so be it. Should I encounter an old gipper such as yours, I will politely inform him that I have no intention of being a nuisance and will be happy to move aside for him, but that if he touches my bike or puts my child in danger again, I will make him wear his arse as a hat.

Now, stick around. I think it may just be the time-of-the-month for some of the lads here.
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    :lol:
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    Now, stick around. I think it may just be the time-of-the-month for some of the lads here.

He he I like that
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    DF33 wrote:
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you and your wife happy to call the guy a peado (sic) when he hadn't done anything wrong in anyway like that

Heheh, really? What, the same motopatter who "made [my] post [...] less offensive" after I said Tony Slattery was as funny as cancer? That's quite ironic, I think.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    motopatter wrote:

to be very honest I have already notified them I wish all threads started by me to be deleted (this is probably the easiest option for them to fulfill)- but I've not had a reply and nothing has been done.

Should I pick on your typo as is common on this forum? No, I'll let it slide..... it's not my style to be outwardly belligerent without provocation. :roll:
    :wink: usually on my mobile nowadays with sausage fingers, typos guaranteed,
  • Mottopater don't be a big girl! By all means leave if you want to, but you don't need to be a martyr by requesting your profile, and everything you have ever written, be deleted (it aint gonna happen).

From my perspective I think you should stick around. I thought about adding my two-peneth in your disappearing thread (this forum has been quite glitchy of late and it may just reappear), but I couldn't really be arsed with web forum ranting, but for the record I will say that, to me, it looked as though a bunch of people were just jumping on the Mr-Grumpy bandwagon. Sure the fake paedo accusation was perhaps a little tasteless, but certainly nothing to get so damn incensed about. As for the situation itself: miserable, old sod looking for any excuse to complain. When I finally get around to having little ones I fully intend to take them on rides and I fully intend to keep them safe at all times. If that means riding with them slowly on a very quite footpath, then so be it. Should I encounter an old gipper such as yours, I will politely inform him that I have no intention of being a nuisance and will be happy to move aside for him, but that if he touches my bike or puts my child in danger again, I will make him wear his ars* as a hat.

Excellent post :!:
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    :roll:

oh, for goodness' sake

all this over some poxy little interwebs forum chat thingymajig

lighten up

this is not real life
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ha, Ha and finally, Ha!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    The OP has form. He implied that I was a kiddie fiddler a while back and it was not apprecieated.
    I have no respect for him.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jonny_trousers
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    The OP has form. He implied that I was a kiddie fiddler a while back and it was not apprecieated.
    I have no respect for him.

You sure he wasn't just suggesting you played the violin as a child?

2010.6.19_ViolinRecital.16550px.jpg
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I seem to have missed a huge amount of drama...

What happened, when and where?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonny_trousers
    DonDaddyD wrote:

storm1.jpg

2080106.jpg
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:

storm1.jpg

2080106.jpg

Thats about right.
    The OP is annoyed that one of his threads, in which he called an old git a 'paedo' (sic) has been deleted by the mods. He has now asked for everything he has written on BR and for his account to be deleted.

Thats about it really.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    On the radio yesterday they were discussing a survey that said July is the grumpiest month of the year.

They could be right.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    if anyone finds a dummy on the floor somewhere, it belongs to motopatter ...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    Was it not deleted because he asked all threads he started to be deleted. Got what he asked for, then wondered why and got funny about it? He didn't get an answer to the request as it didn't warrant an answer.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I think you'll find it was because he had a rattle out of the pram moment and started using four letters words to describe someone
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    I'm sure you're right. I just find it strange to ask whare a thread has gone when you've asked for it to be removed.
    I believe someone has "issues". I don't think I need to suggest what they could be.
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Thats about right.
    The OP is annoyed that one of his threads, in which he called an old git a 'paedo' (sic) has been deleted by the mods. He has now asked for everything he has written on BR and for his account to be deleted.

Thats about it really.
    From memory (obviously), but I think he was threatening to report the bloke as a 'peado' after the bloke appears to have wanted to get physical over his use of a bike (with child in tagalong) on a footpath.

But as others have said, I think the removal of the thread was not for that specifically, but more likely how the thread later evolved.