Vegetarians

pauldavid
pauldavid Posts: 392
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
I am sick to blimming death of vegetarians.

Working with a couple, whenever you produce a ham sandwich or such from your lunch box :shock: they start bleating on about how the poor piggywiggy had to suffer so that I could selfishly eat him just like the big bad wolf.

I have a dislike for pallid whisps of *iss that only eat vegetables but I don't tell them that every morning when they turn in for work. As much as I'd like to.

I like the taste of and will continue to eat cooked cows and pigs so keep your opinions to yourselves!

Anyway rant over, I've now had an idea.

If we were to kill and eat all vegetarians there would be many benefits

1 the animals would get to live

2 the veggies would stop complaining

3 when all the veggies had run out we could go back to eating animals and there would be no-one to complain.

Seems like a win-win situation all round.

Incidentally, I was once involved in spit-roasting a vegetarian although I didn't really taste it once finished as it was covered in Gentlemans relish and personally I prefer ketchup :shock: :D [/b]

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    General hate, topped off with misogyny.

Cool story.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I have a couple of Veggie friends, and whilst I don't hate them for it, it's a pain when they come around for dinner. I'll always go out of my way and cook Veggie dishes for them, but when we go to their house for dinner, do they cook a meat dish for me ? No, they enforce their Veggie views on myself and I'm served the same tasteless sh*t that they chose to eat. :roll:

Rant over :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    People Eating Tasty Animals
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    The problem with vegetarians isn't their views, it's the way they force them onto everyone around them. If someone is vegetarian, cool, no problem for me. But once they start giving it the old "your an animal murderer just to eat" and talking about suffering of animals, then I start having a real problem. Humans are meat eaters by nature, have always been, and always will be.

Next time they start giving it the old suffering story, show them this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUEpmbdZLw

I love dead animals, they taste good.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Why do people who work in Health Food shops always seem to look close to terminal? :shock:
  • 37monkey
    37monkey Posts: 141
    Real men don't like meat in them :lol:

And I love the way cyclists generalise about veggies the same was as drivers do about cyclists,
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    funny, I'm sick to death of whinging meat eaters getting defensive all the time or quizzing you when they find out you are a veggie.

How come all the people who work in fast food shops and butchers are fat with pasty white skin?

rant over.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    kieranb wrote:

How come all the people who work in fast food shops and butchers are fat with pasty white skin?

Say that to Contador.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    kieranb wrote:
    funny, I'm sick to death of whinging meat eaters getting defensive all the time or quizzing you when they find out you are a veggie.

rant over.

Ha ha I didn't say I eat meat! :)
  • kieranb
    kieranb wrote:

Say that to Contador.

What does he have a day job apart from the cycling thingy?! :wink:
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Up unitl a few years ago I used to eat anything with a pulse but now I'm 95% vegetarian. The 5% will either be the occasional steak (from a 'happy' cow :lol: ) when I feel that I need extra iron or a tin of mackerel (MSC certified) post ride for an extra protein kick.

Can't stand the way animals are treated and the oceans are critically fuxked. I doubt my actions will help save the planet - but being a veggie certainly makes me feel physically better.

Don't get me started on vegans though…what a bunch of cnuts! :x
  • rick_chasey
    I have no issue with Vegitarians, untill they start making demands when I do them the favour of cooking for them.

Feel to not eat at mine, but don't tell me what I can and can't cook.

And don't make me buy a piece of meat and cook it only for you not to eat it either.

It's a pointless exercise for everyone concerned, and it offends me.
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    Up unitl a few years ago I used to eat anything with a pulse ....

You ate it while it was still alive!!!
    :shock: :shock:
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,703
    My Wife is a veggie. Doesn't force her views on anyone. Cooks meat for me and the kids. Just chooses not to eat it.
    They're not forcing their view on you because they're veggies, it's because they're sanctimonious cnuts. Much like some reformed smokers. I don't smoke but I wish they'd shut up about other people.
    There are merchant bankers in all walks of life. Deal with it.
  • rick_chasey

Woosh?
  • andrewjoseph

Woosh?

Who's head is this going over?
    --
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I'm veggie. Never forced my views on anyone. kiernanb and veronese have it spot on. Lifes too short, just enjoy what you enjoy.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • gllewellyn
    gllewellyn Posts: 113
    I have no issue with Vegitarians, untill they start making demands when I do them the favour of cooking for them.

Feel to not eat at mine, but don't tell me what I can and can't cook.

Thats rich - you haven't even invited me for dinner! :wink:

Seriously though, as a life long vegetarian, I know that eating meat is fundamentally wrong, but I also respect other peoples decisions, so although I'll happily discuss it with anyone who wants to, I will not preach on about it. After all, I've got better things to do, and don't really care if you give yourself nasty things like salmonella or BSE. :lol:

Unfortunately, as with many things in life, there are plenty of people (usually the recently converted) who feel the need to 'spread the word'. Just be thankful they are not pushing religion onto you!

Peace out people! :o
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    gllewellyn wrote:
    I know that eating meat is fundamentally wrong
    Your evidence being...?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    bompington wrote:
    gllewellyn wrote:
    Your evidence being...?

I've a feeling this thread is about to take off :lol:
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    How is eating meat fundamentally wrong? That part I don't understand. Considering meat eating is in our nature, and we need the nutrients to survive, how is it wrong?
  • andrewjoseph
    ... I know that eating meat is fundamentally wrong .../quote]

I just knew all those nasty carnivores were evil!!

... and don't really care if you give yourself nasty things like salmonella or BSE. :lol:
    .../quote]

As opposed to eating contaminated bean-sprouts (??) from Germany (??)

It's not the meat that gives you salmonella, it's poor handling, storage and cooking that do that.
    --
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Humans are omnivores - its one of our great survival traits - eating meat is a dietry requirement - its also a more efficient and greener way of obtaining protein. If we didn't eat meat half the worlds forests would be destroyed and replaced with soya to support the worlds population at present levels
  • Rooner
    Rooner Posts: 109
    Love the balanced views in this debate :lol:

militant veggies are a pain, as are the militant 'I only meat, I'm not a rabbit' carnivores on the other side. Personally, I'm a veggie, but really, who cares? If you are happy eating whatever you want, then go for it. Be it meat, chocolate, lard or lentils, who is anyone to tell you what you shouldn't eat it?

Although I'd probably draw the line at Panda cub curry, or bald eagle omelette, but then, is it our fault they can't adapt as species to a changing world?
  • kieranb
    It's a personal choice, but that is what it is, a choice to eat meat or not eat meat, so if you eat meat it is your decision, don't hide it under some talk about nature or dietary requirements.

Man has long ago given up doing what is natural, I'm quite happy with that, my veggie lifestyle in northern Europe is quite easy to follow thanks to the global food market. I don't live in a cave, wear coarse animal furs and my job is not hunter gatherer, rather I live in a house, wear clothes made in factories (some even using synthetic fibres!) and work for a modern multi-national working at a computer screen.

Anyway I think it is a bit obvious that some replies here are trolling a little (winking at J DubbleU here).

Note, it if you can't be assed cooking veggie food for your good friends just invite them over for drinks! I'm sure they won't miss your attempts at a nice veggie dish :wink:
  • gllewellyn
    bompington wrote:
    gllewellyn wrote:
    Your evidence being...?

What I mean, is that to me, it is wrong - however I respect other peoples choices, and don't try to convert them.

There is plenty of evidence for and against eating meat, so without getting into that argument, it comes down to personal choice. Unfortunately, as with many aspects of life, there are people who feel the need to push their views onto others, which I think is the real issue here...

However, saying the "eating meat is a dietary requirement" is clearly wrong! If that was true I'd have died a long time ago! :lol:
  • gllewellyn
    kieranb wrote:
    It's a personal choice, but that is what it is, a choice to eat meat or not eat meat, so if you eat meat it is your decision, don't hide it under some talk about nature or dietary requirements.

Man has long ago given up doing what is natural, I'm quite happy with that, my veggie lifestyle in northern Europe is quite easy to follow thanks to the global food market. I don't live in a cave, wear coarse animal furs and my job is not hunter gatherer, rather I live in a house, wear clothes made in factories (some even using synthetic fibres!) and work for a modern multi-national working at a computer screen.

Anyway I think it is a bit obvious that some replies here are trolling a little (winking at J DubbleU here).

Note, it if you can't be assed cooking veggie food for your good friends just invite them over for drinks! I'm sure they won't miss your attempts at a nice veggie dish :wink:

+1
    especially the part about inviting them for drinks!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    gllewellyn wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    gllewellyn wrote:
    Your evidence being...?

What I mean, is that to me, it is wrong - however I respect other peoples choices, and don't try to convert them.

So, if I were to split hairs, you should really have used think.

Otherwise, we're all gonna drown in irony if we read the rest of the post!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattC59
    gllewellyn wrote:
    I know that eating meat is fundamentally wrong,
    Bull sh*t !!
    Based on what ?
    If it was, why are your teeth the way they are ?
  • MattC59
    when I feel that I need extra iron
    but being a veggie certainly makes me feel physically better.

Haven't you contradicted yourself here ?