Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Dunno, but Brad's right leg in pic 13 is a bit scary too
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    George Hincapie's varicose veins.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    varicose veins... on a new level. looks like mostly the valves that stop the backflow of blood get inflamed or just increase in size plus no body fat what so ever and tight skin.

not pretty
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Would the pansies who play football at the highest level, and dive as if shot, please take a leaf out of Hoogerland's book.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Is this year's tour themost accident / injury prone?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Gazzaputt wrote:

...make me want to vomit? :shock:
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • Zav
    Zav Posts: 28
    Would the pansies who play football at the highest level, and dive as if shot, please take a leaf out of Hoogerland's book.

hair transplants can be painful too
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Footballers have a mindset where everything must revolve around them and if anything stops them doing whatever they want (even a 'foul' that didn't happen) they over-react. Just about all other sportsmen try to prove themselves and prove that they can overcome any obstacle.

Footballers go down if you give them a dirty look, rugby players get stiched up and go back onto the field, cyclists ride on with broken bones, boxers try to convince the referee and doctors that they are OK to carry on fighting etc.
    Footballers = pansies.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    cjcp wrote:

They have had plenty of practise with the town bike already.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited July 2011
    Those veins look wrong, I can't see how that's considered healthy.

Edit: - What really bothers me is that you cannot actually see his calf muscle
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    looks like images off a medical website for some disease!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    rugby players get stiched up and go back onto the field,

This is the truth.

Google "wayne shelford testicle".
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg66 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

This is the truth.

They get taken off the field for having fake blood on their face, and the spend their evenings in town, dressed as women, shouting loudly.

Doesn't sound very hard to me.
  • mcj78
    Greg66 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

This is the truth.

They get taken off the field for having fake blood on their face, and the spend their evenings in town, dressed as women, shouting loudly.

I remember that one - not the cross dressing, the ruptured ball-bag which was stitched up on the field & he carried on... both his balls later fell off during a 27-pint night out dressed like Vera Duckworth, which only added to the authenticity of the costume I imagine...
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    [

^
    ^
    sounds like stinky bait...... here fishy fishy :lol:
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • rick_chasey
    motopatter wrote:
    [

^
    ^

Ah I get enough chat from big ugly people with stupid ears in my office about rugby.

As far as I am concerned, if you want to spend your weekend and evenings grabbing big men's thighs whilst rolling around in mud, grabbing their legs, hoping for your head to land on their arse, and generally lying in a bundle of the floor with other men, that's fine.

Doesn't mean I can't call it a very homoerotic sport.
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    motopatter wrote:
    [

^
    ^

Ah I get enough chat from big ugly people with stupid ears in my office about rugby.

As far as I am concerned, if you want to spend your weekend and evenings grabbing big men's thighs whilst rolling around in mud, grabbing their legs, hoping for your head to land on their ars*, and generally lying in a bundle of the floor with other men, that's fine.

Doesn't mean I can't call it a very homoerotic sport.

yeah, play rugby...... feel a man :lol:
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Footballers have a mindset where everything must revolve around them and if anything stops them doing whatever they want (even a 'foul' that didn't happen) they over-react. Just about all other sportsmen try to prove themselves and prove that they can overcome any obstacle.

Footballers go down if you give them a dirty look, rugby players get stiched up and go back onto the field, cyclists ride on with broken bones, boxers try to convince the referee and doctors that they are OK to carry on fighting etc.
    Footballers = pansies.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited July 2011
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Footballers = pansies.
    I fully agree and have posted similar objections to these overpaid nancy boys myself on here, but the reality is that for a footballer, rolling around on the floor pretending to be nearly dead is beneficial in all respects - it stops the game, team mates get a breather, instruction can be passed on via the trainer, you may even successfully con the match officials into awarding a free-kick or better still a penalty.

If a cyclist plays dead in the road, all that is certain is that the opposition will be a couple of miles up the road in the blink of an eye. It's the incentive - footballers have a huge incentive to pretend to be hurt; most other sports it's the right way round and any injuries that can be run off ("run it off man. Is the bone sticking out of the flesh? Gerron with it yer big jessy") usually are. Except for poncey lilly-livered footballers.

Whilst I'm at it - the term 'footballers brain'. What does it mean? Only that the brain in question is of no use whatsoever for anything except football.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,351
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Those aren't legs

These are legs....

1984Kelly_Liege.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Footballers = pansies.

I don't think it's got anything to do with being a pansy or any less tough than other sportsmen. I think the main reason footballers roll around like they've been shot is to gain a competitive advantage by getting people sent off, winning penalties etc. Unfortunately this tactic has proven to quite effective and the sanctions for being caught aren't tough enough to deter them from trying it on in future. It's cheating and its despicable, just like drug taking in cycling or cutting yourself in rugby, but I really don't think footballers are inherently soft.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited July 2011
    CiB wrote:
    Whilst I'm at it - the term 'footballers brain'. What does it mean? Only that the brain in question is of no use whatsoever for anything except football.

I like this term and liken it to something akin to human evolution. Stay with me here I'm not saying that people with a "footballers brain are more evolved".

OK so human beings evolved to think in abstracts. Think of a road 10 miles away, you can't see it but you know its there and you know cars are driving along that road, people shops etc. Lesser beings cannot do this, they can only really perceive things that are happening in front of them. Not only that but you can actually think about your route there and factor in time of day, journey and change that route so that you have the quickest, easiest possible journey to that road 10miles away.

Football, if you watch very young kids play football they all swarm towards the ball. As they get older the more thoughtful ones start to resist the need to head towards the ball. They drift off into space making opportunities for themselves. The kid with the footballing brain can not only "see" the play that is happening around him he is (third eye, abstract or whatever you want to call it) also aware of the others players around him but can also perceive the outcome, possible outcomes or even create an outcome that could happen by him taking an particular action. I.e. A footballers pass into an empty space knowing that his teammate is going to be there before the opposition.

Players without a footballing brain only live in the now and react to what is in front them. They are the one that can only pass directly to a player.

Well, that's what I understand the term "footballing brain" to be.

I suppose great tacticians (snooker, chess players as well) have it as well: the ability to not only see the task in front of them but to predict or create a desired outcome. And in the case of snooker and chess players - work several shots/moves ahead of the one they are actually taking, so their immediate actions are constantly shaping the future.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cloggsy
    cloggsy Posts: 243
    mcj78 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

...make me want to vomit? :shock:

+1 :shock:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Wrath Rob wrote:

Brad's leg is just symptomatic of a well tuned/toned athlete at the top of his powers. Looks fine to me.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • DonDaddyD
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

Brad's leg is just symptomatic of a well tuned/toned athlete at the top of his powers. Looks fine to me.

I've always thought he looks unhealthy/too skinny and his leg in that photo looks 'nasty' too.
    Food Chain number = 4

• mcj78
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Those aren't legs

These are legs....

1984Kelly_Liege.jpg

Iggy Pop has nothing to do with this :lol:
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

I've always thought he looks unhealthy/too skinny and his leg in that photo looks 'nasty' too.

He'll be the first to admit he was too light last year and had a poor season. Followed by a rollicking from the DS as most of us will know! Currently, IMO, he looks like the next stage of evolution (ignoring the broken collarbone): a true athlete in perfect condition.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • mcj78
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:

I reckon he's probably fine, does look pretty thin admittedly but with all the backroom support the teams have i'm sure his weight is well controlled, heard comments from Cavendish amongst others that he was in the form of his life - shame he didn't get a chance to show what he could do this year!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • rick_chasey
    vartmpgallery-migration-83-temp-dirgalleryimage11583-WIGGINS_5.jpg

Post Paris Roubaix, the season he finished 4th in the Tour.