Boardman adverts

2»

Comments

• antikythera
    antikythera Posts: 326
    I have a question... If Eurosport is a user pays service, why are they subjecting viewers to ad's. Isn't that like paying twice? What do Eurosport subscribers think?

This applies to all pay per view channels. You seem to be developing a fine understanding of Capitalism.....
    So if I describe it as deceit does it mean I pass(?) :D
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Chris Boardman cannot be seen riding a Boardman bike during the show because that would be classed as product placement. This may change in the future as the rules regarding product placement have changed recently.

Product placement? Have you seen everytime they go to the 'studio' they have a boardman bike in the right of the shot. They keep on having logs like Ritchley or zipp in the corner for 5 mins at a time...
  • Hot Orange
    Hot Orange Posts: 157
    While Boardman's voiceover bits are a little annoying, I don't mind the ads because there's still a pretty bike to look at.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Hot Orange wrote:
    While Boardman's voiceover bits are a little annoying, I don't mind the ads because there's still a pretty bike to look at.

"Bike". You would think his marketing team would use their heads and realise they sells more than one bike... after 3 weeks with 8 adverts a day?(assuming your not watching live aswell) looking at the same bike? Its bloody boring..
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    I have a question... If Eurosport is a user pays service, why are they subjecting viewers to ad's. Isn't that like paying twice? What do Eurosport subscribers think?

This applies to all pay per view channels. You seem to be developing a fine understanding of Capitalism.....
    So if I describe it as deceit does it mean I pass(?) :D

With flying colours. Not that I'm saying that the alternative socio-economic systems are any better, more that we need a new alternative that no one has invented yet.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    SimonAH wrote:
    Hesitate to admit it, but I can no longer watch live TV - I have to box it and then replay so I can fast forward through the ad breaks. In fact truth be told 99.5% of the time my TV viewing is dictated by what is downloaded automatically to our BT box (and is therefore pre-sanitised with the ads removed for you already)

Is it my imagination by the way, or are the ad breaks way longer than they used to be? And I swear that the volume is lots higher too. I seem to remember reading that the ad companies deny this and just say that they deliberately make use of the broadest possible acoustic 'spectrum' to give the effect without actually raising the volume.

Anyroad. I bloody hate ad breaks.

Yes, ad breaks are definitely longer that they used to and yes, they do raise the volume. I'm sure there was some law before the EU a while back outlawing TV channels from rasing ad volumes, but it doesn't seem to have worked...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.