The end of The News of the World!

2»

Comments

• rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Mate of mine is gutted, reckons he will have to buy Andrex now!! :)
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    As a spectator of a spectator sport, and a cynical old b&stard of some years' standing, i am fascinated* by the way the perpetrators of this debacle, whether from NI, the past or present Governments, or the Police, are manoevering and manipulating thier way out of this situation. Thier use of the English language to say things it doesn't mean is remeniscent of the best outpourings of the unlamented lamentable Donald Rumsfeld; these guys are operating at a world class level of liars (who can never be caught lying; I can prove nothing and if I could, they would still be able to wriggle out of it).

I find it difficult to feel sorry for the 'innocents' who have lost thier jobs. They have been treated harshly for sure, and are not responsible for the hacking, but then again, they chose to work for NI, so they have proved themselves the sort of parasitic skinwastes who do not deserve sympathy.

*This word is taken from a dictionary in which it's definition is given as 'appalled and sickened'.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    A wonderful musical parody of REM's End of the World as we know it

http://youtu.be/4-_O9_luu3s

BTW it was published yesterday afternoon prior to Murdoch's announcement of NOTW closure. Spooky.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Daily star's been raided by the police and some NI reporter's been caught deleting a lot of important e-mails...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    they chose to work for NI, so they have proved themselves the sort of parasitic skinwastes who do not deserve sympathy.
    A selection of NOTW headlines on the unemployed:
    Street of spongers - 60% of people in Margate's Dalby Square on benefits. Welcome to scrounger central

Stop spoonfeeding the spongers

JOBLESS no-hopers will be forced to carry out unpaid community tasks ... in a crackdown on welfare culture

Workshy Brits are lounging about on the dole

Force low-life to work for a living

The UK benefit blackspot where there's just ONE worker in a community of handout scroungers

JOBLESS scroungers will be BARRED from getting some council houses because they'll be reserved for poor families who work

Record numbers of scroungers are filling their boots from Britain's barmy benefits system

Sex-change scrounger Ray's a lady of leisure Layabout's been on benefits 20 years

So, the "low-life", "scrounger", "workshy", "jobless no-hopers" who used to work for NOTW can at least look forward to handouts of free houses, free-flowing benefits and erm...sex changes on Britains barmy benefits system while they're "lounging about on the dole".....diddums.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    It could be worse. It could be 'The news of the end of the world'. Ah, just remembered, we've already had that.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    seanoconn wrote:
    thesunonsunday.co.uk and thesunonsunday.com were both registered on the 5th of july, so its a done deal. Crafty buggers.

makes the closure of NotW look as shallow as a dry puddle - lets hope this screws Murdoch's BSKYB ventures
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Love the press, my local gave you all Piers Morgan.

And for that I am eternally grateful.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    seanoconn wrote:
    thesunonsunday.co.uk and thesunonsunday.com were both registered on the 5th of july, so its a done deal. Crafty buggers.

makes the closure of NotW look as shallow as a dry puddle - lets hope this screws Murdoch's BSKYB ventures

Hmmm, do we know who registered these domains? It could just be another chancer such as 21st Century Fox etc. I am not convinced Murdoch etc are that stupid to have to register domains so late in the day.

I am not saying it is not a done deal, just that anyone could have registered those names.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Love the press, my local gave you all Piers Morgan.

And for that I am eternally grateful.

Love n hugs

DD

Ahh, Mr Morgan, just another pile of dog5hit I have to avoid. There is a circle of hell waiting for, I am sure of it.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    I was in my local newsagent the other day, and saw a local rag with a headline and 1st paragraph along the lines of (and I paraphrase):

Salt Now Good For You. Boffins have now discovered that "salt is good for you", despite years of lecturing from doctors about the evils of salt...

[I know this is slightly off topic but it amused me none the less, and made me think perhaps the spirit of NOTW will live on come what may]
  • garyhere
    garyhere Posts: 28
    I couldn't believe that people were still buying this rag in the supermarket this morning.
    Even knowing that they hacked the mobiles of a dead child and the London terrorist attack victims they STILL bought it.
    The NOTW is vile, but what does it say about the public that still buy it knowing these things? I guess their rabid desire to know which Z list celebrity is sh*@ging which footballer compells them to hand over their money.
  • If you do an EBay search using this number it will show you one of many many completed listings of a copy of yesterday's final edition of this 'much loved / loathed' newspaper.
    £16.25 + £3.00 p+p or £1 from any newsagent? You decide!!!

Kinda weird eh?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    If you do an EBay search using this number it will show you one of many many completed listings of a copy of yesterday's final edition of this 'much loved / loathed' newspaper.
    £16.25 + £3.00 p+p or £1 from any newsagent? You decide!!!

Kinda weird eh?

Never underestimate the stupidity of some people. Wonder if any of them have actually considered they'd be dead a very long time before it had any appreciable value...if at any all.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    It's a convenient way for Murdoch to reduce his costs, lay off staff without the unions getting shirty , well, they'll still get shirty, but there's no way they could strike to keep the paper!
    The SundaySun will shortly burst forth, some of the News of the Screws staff will be given jobs on it, enough to placate the unions and normal service will be resumed.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Anyone got any work for a fake sheikh? Dishonesty and untrustworthiness guaranteed. Many dissatisfied people will testify how fake I am. Willing to travel anywhere outside the M25. Mazher .
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    It's a convenient way for Murdoch to reduce his costs, lay off staff without the unions getting shirty , well, they'll still get shirty, but there's no way they could strike to keep the paper!
    The SundaySun will shortly burst forth, some of the News of the Screws staff will be given jobs on it, enough to placate the unions and normal service will be resumed.
    I'm sure I read somewhere over the weekend that some of the staff are sueing for unfair dismissal. Maybe it's not so straightforward as you' like to think, Adam.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill