TDF Stage 3 Spoiler

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Dinyull wrote:
    What happened to Petacchi???

161st. He said a few days ago that he wasnt feeling too good.

1 better than Boonen anyway.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Looks like ebh or swift clips the inside barrier on last corner, locks back wheel and moves right. Forces cav to lock up as well though he keeps his balance but goes wide enough that causes the crash on the barrier. The fact av made upthe ground afterwards was impressive. Not sure how cav lost the wheels of goss and renshaw onthe hill though.

Happy for farrer but I can't stand vaughters and now with back to back wins he is goingto be crowing more than ever.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Cav gold on ITV4 atm.....Fellieu getting a bit of stick!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    The Cav haters will be dissapointed to see his fairly gracious post stage interview today.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Classic Cav in the post race interview. "He just causes havoc! Talk to anyone!" :lol:
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    good to see cav bothering to sprint for the lesser places, he wouldn't have bothered last year
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Would have loved to have seen what would have happened if G hadn't looked for Ben Swift and then sat up. He looks like he has the sort of strength and speed to go for Vino/Cancellara style stage wins where they come flying out of the peloton in the last couple of K while the sprint trains are still going
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Cav dropped off well earlier than the last corner? Intentionally so/a gear change fluff? G just interviewed on Eurosport said there is no way he'd have gone for a win there "I'm not that stupid" - he thought he had EBH and Swift with him.

Farrar, great win *makes PTP pistol fingers*
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Though cav blames fellieu I think if he watches it back he will see fellieu takes his right hand side, Rojas is on his left but it's the sky rider coming right that really causes cav problems.

He also said he purposefully left the renshaw wheel as htc had gone to early so he wanted to move further back in the line and let other teams take it up. Positioning and luck got him today, htc couldn't control the last 800 given they shelled the team before that point pretty much. I think given htc sponsorship problems, cav already moving on etc it might not be the happiest camp there. No doubt that will change with the stage wins, which given his form I have no doubt are just a couple of days away. Cav looked gutted and angry in that interview and the interviewer stating stuff cav had already said himself I think only served to piss him off a bit more
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    Via INRG:
    Hushovd and Cavendish declassified from the intermediate sprint earlier after their close encounter. No change to Green jersey.
    Mens agitat molem
  • inkyfingers
    bazbadger wrote:
    Via INRG:
    Hushovd and Cavendish declassified from the intermediate sprint earlier after their close encounter. No change to Green jersey.

To quote David Harmon...that's b0ll0cks. Cav looked calm in the post stage interview but I bet he's not now!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Man, they really victimise Cavendish, doesn't they?

:lol:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    iainf72 wrote:

And they say it is an anomaly that Cav hasn't won green...
  • inkyfingers
    iainf72 wrote:

That's the first thing to happen in this tour that's made Iain happy!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

That's the first thing to happen in this tour that's made Iain happy!

It doesn't make up for Basso being dropped on a bridge, though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Cav must be done with the press, he's just started tweeting. Quite restrained so far............
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Total bullsh*t - the race for green is looking quite interesting this year but they're going to wreck it.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Pretty ridiculous decision. He's got his work cut out to get the green jersey after today.
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    Cavendish seems to attract the attentions of the jobsworth officials of the cycling world...
    Mens agitat molem
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    I'll not lie, when I saw Thor and Cav lean into each other I winced, Cav actually leaned quite far over, IMO it looked dodgy. Then Harmon and Kelly said they thought it was fine, but I still thought the commissaires would have something to say about it. And I wasn't wrong at all...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    It's rubbish. The commissaires have just given other teams a way to beat Cav in the sprint: lean on him and he'll crash; brake or get dq'ed trying to say upright :roll:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    JonGinge wrote:
    It's rubbish. The commissaires have just given other teams a way to beat Cav in the sprint: lean on him and he'll crash; brake or get dq'ed trying to say upright :roll:
    Too right! I was watching on ITV4 and even Ligget and Shirwen didn't see a problem with it. Just normal racing!!!
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    afx237vi wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Interesting tweet from the reliable RaceRadio

TheRaceRadio Anyone else think it is strange that Frank Schleck has not raced in Italy for a long time? He may have a surprise waiting for him July 20th

why 20th July

Stage finish in Italy.

Reminiscent of Valv.piti...

Last time he raced in Italy (i think) he had suprise from CONI - maybe it wont be a surprise this time?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/coni-su ... ng-control
  • cogidubnus
    The thing with the Cav-Thor incident is that they were both leaning on each other, it wasn't dangerous in this instance to them or any other riders so seems overly zealous on the part of the officials.
  • cogidubnus
    Riders-wait-to-take-the-s-004.jpg

Mark-Cavendish-has-his-bi-007.jpg

Yellow-jersey-of-overall--006.jpg

Tyler-Farrar-of-the-US-th-007.jpg

All from the Guardian
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    dd9dfa0d587bcfc0b98b95707834a5bb-getty-_.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    He got the WW salute in.
    Getty
    a2bbfdd6001522fed6e291f0475a5178-getty-118148616.jpg
    And one for Iain:
    81e43812e2305cf38f88b1f8f091a180-getty-118165007.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    [quote="frenchfighter"

And one for Iain:
    [/quote]

Do you do requests? Could we have one of Mrs Cuddles next time?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.