Comments

• seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    thelawnet wrote:
    seataltea wrote:
    thelawnet wrote:
    al2098 wrote:
    Your all missing the point.
    Fosters is Ozzy chav lager not to be tolerated in leafy Surrey in public.
    Does not matter how old the chav or what sex (typically refered to as Chavette or Chavoap).
    Copper was protecting our economy by stamping out this practice.
    If she was sipping Pims I don't think it would have been a problem.

Well yes I did consider this.

And plus they didn't look very middle class I have to say.

I was thinking 'I wonder if copper would have done it to me' (I would not of course drink Fosters).

On a previous occasion a group of three early 20s slightly chavvy men were walking through the town, one had a can of 'Monster Energy' (oversized caffine/taurine energy drink), a myopic copper clocked it and told them that they couldn't drink alcohol and they replied slightly jeeringly that it was an energy drink and went on their way.

You seem to watch people drinking quite often and always when the Police are around, odd.

Do they not have police in your town centre then? I go into my town centre every day - most crime occurs there so no surprise the cops are there.

I hope those cops are kicking ass and taking names, that way crime may reduce and the town which you refer to as being yours will be a safer place for all.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    motopatter wrote:
    in Germany recently on the S-bahn I viewed in envy a well dressed, clean shaven, suited business man looking gent enjoying a beer at 9.30 on his way to work.
    The train police didn't give a flying one and neither did anyone else. My wife or my son included. In England it's the lout element that spoils it for everyone.

I was in Barcelona last week and popped over to the local market to buy stuff for breakfast. As my wife was still sleeping I sneaked in an espresso and croissant at the cafe. Whilst enjoying that i looked around and everyone else was having either a lager or a spirit fuelled coffee. It was 09:00 AM! :shock:
    And we have a drink problem in this Country...... :roll:

Point being that it is not consumption of alcohol that is a problem, it is how you act afterwards.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    thelawnet wrote:
    I go into my town centre every day - most crime occurs there

you are crime?
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Ben6899 wrote:
    thelawnet wrote:
    ...I rode around the block to check the signage re alcohol, which confirmed what I thought - it's not an offence to drink, but the police can ask you to stop and if you don't comply, failure to comply is an offence. Was considering having a word with the policeman, but he let them walk off to exit the area, beer still in hand, so there was't much to say...

What were you going to say to him?

Take it off them, so we can share ? :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.