Cwmcarn, i don't get it... what's the appeal ?

13»

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Ah yeh, it's ok that on, dis like the bit winding up to the road at the bottom of that stretch seems to get pedally at the end.

Still like not sure which adams it is but with the sheet rock like the start and it corksrews down, thats so fun and fast :)
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    weeksy59 wrote:
    Rode Cwmcarn y'day for the first ever time... and the last.

The trails don't flow, the climb is bloody disgraceful with too many rocks/roots to enable you to get any flow going...

The downhills are not downhills, you may as well just fling yourself of the side it would be smoother...

What am i missing here ? i thought it was poor beyond words.

:lol: wimp, you should try it on my 10 year old 60 mm forks, we will make a man out of you yet :lol:

yes its rough s hell, but its all we got
  • Deepunder
    Deepunder Posts: 145
    Deepunder wrote:
    Ridden CC probably 5 times and always fancied the DH route, always put off by the girt off rigs and full facers you see up there.

I'm sure it can it be ridden on a 100mm stumpy fsr but is it recommended, I'm no way a big jumper/dropper, also would be concerned about being chased down or holding up the uplift guys?

It can be ridden on the stumpy for sure fella, not ideal of course but you can role it all and take it relatively easy. Don't let the dedicated DH guys put you off. There's huge scope for getting to the top under your own steam/get an uplift and tackle the run on your own ie not being bared down on by steve peat. There's a good 20 mins in between runs for you to tootle down with no pressure. It certainly will be an experience for you :D

Cheers for reply, I think I'll have a poke next time I'm there