Jerseys

2»

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Mattsaw wrote:
    If anyone does have any great ideas there will be a couple of free jerseys in it for them :)

How about "Bag of Spanners?"

OK, maybe not. Like I said, I'd go for something abstract, something that's no directly linked to cycling. If you go for something like "Velo", it's like having a jersey with "bike" written on it. Doesn't do it for me. But then seems to be popular with others. What do I know? (not very much...)

:D
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I will ask my daughter for ideas on branding / logo etc. She is a graphic arts undergraduate and has had to do this kind of thing for projects in her degree. Providing she can over come here antipathy towards cyclists, that is.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I will ask my daughter for ideas on branding / logo etc. She is a graphic arts undergraduate and has had to do this kind of thing for projects in her degree. Providing she can over come here antipathy towards cyclists, that is.

Tell her if she comes up with a good name then she can come and shout at me for riding out from the kerb as much as she likes :D
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    If you are looking for a British connection how about a phrase or apiece of slang such as 'on the rivet'? You could just use the initials and keep the full name as an insider joke. Lots of 'old time' jargon to play with. None of which spring to mind ATM :oops:
    The older I get the faster I was
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    P.L.F

Always a good one whichever oldtimer story you hear it in
  • mattsaw
    Okay, final brand I'm still deciding between,

ProTag and ProVelo, probably siding towards ProTag at the moment.

A couple few more designs mocked-up too.

mEQMv.jpg

IdemQ.jpg

VLDKn.jpg
    Strava
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    I always thought 'puncheur' would be a good name: links the French and English worlds of cycling. (Puncheur/puncture -- geddit?)
  • jswba
    If you are looking for a British connection how about a phrase or apiece of slang such as 'on the rivet'? You could just use the initials and keep the full name as an insider joke. Lots of 'old time' jargon to play with. None of which spring to mind ATM :oops:

SOC? For fans of Paul Sherwen
  • mattsaw
    jswba wrote:
    I always thought 'puncheur' would be a good name: links the French and English worlds of cycling. (Puncheur/puncture -- geddit?)

I think that would be an open invite to the PF, not something I would want to tempt fate with :) I suffer from p*nct*re paranoia badly enough already!
    Strava
  • lenclume
    lenclume Posts: 33
    Of those three, the celeste and white is the nicest. Although it is getting a bit close to Racing Club Paris. The others look a bit too rugby shirt-like. In fact, I preferred the first one you posted with the vertical stripes - I liked the Milram jersey from a couple of years ago because it had similar stripes.

The problem with asking people on here (or anywhere else), though, is that everyone has different tastes and you'll go round in circles trying to please everyone. In the end, you have to go with your own judgment.

As for the name, why not look back through cycling history and nick a name that's no longer used? Other people have done it...
  • jswba
    Mattsaw wrote:
    I think that would be an open invite to the PF, not something I would want to tempt fate with :) I suffer from p*nct*re paranoia badly enough already!

I laugh in the face of the PF! <fits gatorskins just in case> :wink:
  • lenclume
    lenclume Posts: 33
    I've just thought of something that might help with choosing a name.

Have you tried sticking an english word into Word Reference?

You'll get a result (or a few) but also find related words down the side, which might not be what you had in mind, but which sound good - and you can then check to make sure they don't mean something stupid.

It helps to check. As an example Gerber - a brand name for baby food to many people around the world - means "to puke" in French. (Which possibly explains why the food looks like it does).

Oh, and you have a PM, Mattsaw.