Will I look a fool wearing team branded kit??

12346»

Comments

• jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    IMO and I know its slightly O/T but I think that 'amateurs' wearing the HTC kit look ridiculous, they white shorts just don't look good (although I believe for this year they're black aren't they?). Plus also any kit that's nearly all red looks ridiculous too, and seems mainly to be worn by the more pot-bellied amongst us!

Having said all that, it is just MY opinion! But seeing women in lycra is most appealing to the eye.....in the main.
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • Zoomer37 wrote:
    Dont forget the matching helmet to go with the seat

lazerwchelmet.jpg

that is one ugly helmet!
  • If I did see somone ahead in a KOM jersey though, I would step up the chase! :lol:

This is the way I think as well and is the reason I wouldn't wear a KOM, World Champion or whatever jersey. Not because I hadn't earned it but because it would be like painting a giant target on my back!
    Team kit's another matter entirely, if you like it wear it! You might look a fool, but do you really care? I'm not allowed team kit because I ride a 2005 T-Mobile replica Giant and my wife's told me that wearing pink lycra in public is considered grounds for divorce. My argument that it's actually magenta and not pink doesn't work :cry:
    Who you gonna believe? Me or your own eyes?
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    My argument that it's actually magenta and not pink doesn't work :cry:

I thought it was a biological fact that male humans were unable to distinguish between pink and magenta, so she knows you're bluffing. Nice try though! ;)
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Surely, if you see another cyclist pop up in the distance, they are fair game anyway regardless in yellow . baked beans or any other concoction?
  • I have the pink T-Mobile jersey....

bloody love it :D
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    Dont forget the matching helmet to go with the seat

lazerwchelmet.jpg

that is one ugly helmet!

I quite like it :shock:
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    For what its worth I think you can and should wear whatever you choose on your bike, what business is it of anyone else's to 'chuckle' or mock you for wearing something you have chosen to purchase.
    I don't own any team branded jerseys but would definitely consider buying them and wearing them, my current favourites are Movistar and Euskatel.

I also love this jersey and would happily wear it on my bike.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... rsey-18191
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Just found this website, fill yer boots. You can buy the lot on here :D

http://www.bobshop.de/en/Team-clothing/Team-clothing/
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Hierotochan
    Hierotochan Posts: 108
    That site has everything!
    Well almost, where can I get one of these?:
    http://www.greenwichtime.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=244561&width=628&height=471
    I feel that I have earnt it.
    I've been cycling for almost a month now & recon I'm ready for Le Tour,
    Do they take entries on the line?
    [/sarcasm]
    :wink:
    Welcome to Hoogerland, Population: Heroes.

Danny Hart; How does he sit down with balls that big?
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    I'm afraid you cant buy that top as I already have it. So that makes me the KOM and the Tour winner this year. I've written to them telling them to cancel the event.

Sorry :D