What's on your stereo?

13»

Comments

• Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Aye a great band my musical taste is very rooted in rock/blues and some quality pop currently I am relaxing to a bit of eva Cassidy.
    I have listened to acdc, the kinks and the who at different points of the day as well.
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • Think Nik and I have broadly similar tastes. Today I have been mostly listening to The Script and Stacey Kent.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Laki Mera - The Proximity Effect.

I am either way ahead of everyone else or way out on my own :?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    dust and a cup of tea
  • MelaMel
    MelaMel Posts: 10
    Seasick Steve - You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I was at a barbecue yesterday and a young aussie asked me if I had heard of The Prodigy! I had to educate the antipodean whippersnapper with Your Love. I was slightly gutted to realise that it was released in 1991!
    Felt a bit old but still ended up dancing in the garden to the build then the drop between 3:21 and 4:18. For me, possibly the best 57 seconds in music.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    Not U2
  • Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    MODA Volume1
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    First five albums of Johnny Cash - American Recordings, only because they didn't have part six as well. If you listen to all albums you can hear him slowly dying... Like part 4 and 5 better than the first ones, just that bit darker and gloomyer.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Spotify usually - premium account n all - if anyone wants the better of the "free" licence key etc pm me as I have about 10 invites.

http://open.spotify.com/track/3zVCg8ls2B50epxWUIVJsl

is on repeat play for its rather groovy nature.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    The Cure. Staring At The Sea - The Singles
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Sketchley wrote:
    The Cure. Staring At The Sea - The Shingles

ftfy
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    On Monday night I was at the nia watching the wall - it was awesome.
    Had to have a listen to it last night (on the hifi) but owning to my increasedto ole duffer status I fell asleep half way through :shock:
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Nik Cube wrote:
    On Monday night I was at the nia watching the wall - it was awesome.
    Had to have a listen to it last night (on the hifi) but owning to my increasedto ole duffer status I fell asleep half way through :shock:

I was at the gig at the 02 when GIlmour played :D
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Right, a Spotify and last.fm question... I like spotify, and I scrobble to last.fm. Is there a way to get last.fm's "recommended" playlist back into Spotify? I don't really want to pay for a last.fm subscription too..
    I also use Squeezebox players, so ways to glue these three things together would be cool.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Over the past few days I have been listening to:

Hugh Laurie: Let them Talk
    Seasick Steve: You can't teach an old dog new tricks
    Kaiser Chiefs: The Future is Medieval
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    The Dixie Dregs – Take It Off The Top, or more commonly known in my day as The Friday Rock Show theme. I found it last night when looking for something entirely different on that there internet, and here it is now at #1 on my iPod.

They were the days, back in the late 70s & the 80s when Simon Bates’ Radio 1 show (on MW!!!) would be interrupted by the very marvellous Tommy Vance trailer featuring this ere tune and his big voice telling all & sundry what was on The Friday Rock Show that week. Happy days they wuz. All gone now; Fluff, TV on the radio, Roger Scott, all dead. <shuffles off whistling Karn Evil 9 1st Impression (Part 2)>
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I was at a barbecue yesterday and a young aussie asked me if I had heard of The Prodigy! I had to educate the antipodean whippersnapper with Your Love. I was slightly gutted to realise that it was released in 1991!
    Felt a bit old but still ended up dancing in the garden to the build then the drop between 3:21 and 4:18. For me, possibly the best 57 seconds in music.

I think you'll find Out of Space was their finest moment; Lee Scratch Perry and Kool Keith sampled in three minutes of genius with Keith Flint acting the complete loon in the video.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Asprilla wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

I think you'll find Out of Space was their finest moment; Lee Scratch Perry and Kool Keith sampled in three minutes of genius with Keith Flint acting the complete loon in the video.

+1

Max Romeo FTW - saw him and Lee Scratch Perry last month - the latter is certifiable . . . 8)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Music is very subjective, but Asprilla, you are wrong. Your Love sends shivers down my spine. Not many songs do that.

I met Lee Scratch Perry once when I was about 13. I was at a pirate radio station where my brother was a DJ and LSP was there for an interview. I didn't know who is was (otherwise I may have a bit starstruck) but I was scared of him. I think it was the claw hammer (spray painted gold) that he carried around that scared me, but he generally seemed a groove short of an LP.

I remember being at Kiss FM (again with my bro) when I heard the original of Out Of Space. Good bit of sampling to turn it into the Prodigy version.
    I've been going through my CDs and dug out some Prodigy classics e.g. Charly and Everybody In The Place as well as some other old hardcore choons like Hurt You So (Jonny L) and Sweet Harmony (Liquid).

Proper music, none of this guitar rubbish.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!