What's on your stereo?

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,353
    Since the weekend it's been mostly The Boss
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Queen Greatest Hits vol 1

Although on my Stereo right now, is a DVD Player a V+ box and a PS 3.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • wyadvd
    wyadvd Posts: 590
    im not stupid enougih to be listening out for anything other than that distinctive sound of car tyres on tarmac that you can hear a mile away (around 5 mins before you see the car) if your ears are tuned into it (on a rural commute). but its Dave brubeck, take five at home at the mo.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    img2036jx9.jpg

this evening.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Sevenfold
    Sevenfold Posts: 86
    In Flames - Reroute to Remain to be followed by
    Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    James Taylor ATM but it may turn into some Deep Dish in a few minutes. HiFi is my real passion, although feeling obsessed with cycling too at the moment
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Joelsim wrote:
    James Taylor ATM but it may turn into some Deep Dish in a few minutes. HiFi is my real passion, although feeling obsessed with cycling too at the moment
    Mmm, nice. Are they still doing stuff? Junk Science - one of my favourite cds from my clubbing days.
  • joelsim
    No idea. Listening to Travelogue which is very old. But still top banana.
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Dubfire (half of Deep Dish) went all techno on us . . .

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsqfcYp63_M

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZfolwkZ26k

both awesome tunes, if that's your kind of thing . . . both best appreciated loud, the latter particularly so. . . .

8)
  • HamishD
    nicklouse wrote:
    this evening.

R E S T E PC. . . .
  • Ands
    Can't listen at mo as OH watching TV. Saw Deep Dish in Hong Kong a few years ago - they were playing a brilliant set until half way through, when the lights came on, music stopped and place was filled with armed Chinese police doing a drugs raid. Very scary at the time!
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    edited June 2011
    Bloody hell.

This thread has just directly led me to find the album I was looking for to play at a funeral. About 14 years too late, but there ya go. Still quite pleasing, in many ways.

Sasha and Digweed's original Renaissance Mix Collection, if you're interested. I could only ever picture this guy:
    Renmixcollection.jpg but didn't know the album.

Anyone know where it's from, by the way? I'd have thunk it's the Sistine Chapel, but don't know for sure...

*goes off for a bit of Sasha & Digweed....

[edit]: Christ, I've even got the 10th Anniversary edition of this album:

51MT2zd8l0L._SS400_.jpg
    Thought the guy looked familiar.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • joelsim
    I dunno why they don't leave certain things alone. Maybe spend a bit of time stopping idiots fighting after drinking too much and leave the passives alone.
  • joelsim
    Good journey, Renaissance
  • HamishD
    Lotsa people into Sasha here!

Not played music for a while for one reason or another but . . . I should do more . . . and while I'm at it, the following (which is now blasting out given that the missus is out) is one of the finest int eh last 15 years . . .

System 7 - AlphaWaves (Plastikman remix).

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ_c-IDUuSE
  • Ands
    davis wrote:

Sasha and Digweed's original Renaissance Mix Collection, if you're interested. I could only ever picture this guy:
    1994 that album. I feel very old now :oops: Just realised the 'few years ago' in HK was about 1999....

I still love my Sasha Global Underground CD. Nick Warren always a fave tho.
  • joelsim
    Good tune, like it
  • HamishD
    in which case . . .

while we're doing classics . . . French House tastic

cassius - La Mouche (DJ Falcon rmx)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxgmmFxomFY

in fact, anything by DJ Falcon . . . .

sorry for spamming this thread!
  • joelsim
    Got a few Global Undergrounds inc Nick Warren. Nice.

Subliminal Sessions - Erick Morillo is pretty good too.

Oh to be a bit younger again...

BTW if you like all this and are 40-45 ish and fancy a good night amongst old friends then try a Sancho Panza Boat Party. Next one October. Lovely.
  • HamishD
    Sancho Panza eh?

Had some good times (pun not intended) at Carnival with Sancho Panza back in the day.

Sounds like a capital idea. Will check it out. I'm not that old btw . . . :wink
  • joelsim
    Exactly that. Same crowd, less often, older, kids at home with granny for the night etc
  • joelsim
    Jimmy K-Tel comes over for dinner sometimes. Nice fella.
  • HamishD
    Good name check ! :D will seriously check out boat trip. Not a half bad idea.

last one from me . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veptX0bh-go

bon weekend

H
  • joelsim
    A bit too hard for Sancho, but nice. Bit of Carl Craig early morning suits Have a good one
  • Ands
    Joelsim wrote:
    Oh to be a bit younger again...

I live out my past on the turbo trainer :lol: . Nothing like a bit of banging trance to give you an energy boost - when it really starts to hurt just close your eyes and pretend you're at Cream or Gatecrasher. :) (Just signing off listening to some Space Brothers on YouTube....)
  • joelsim
    Turbo trainer? That's keen. I know I will never do that, commuting is as far as it goes at 13 miles each way, currently twice a week, moving on to more. And a little cycle in the park with the kids at the weekend. Training, not a chance!
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Currently listening to Counting Crows - august and everything after.
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    I do not have a 'stereo', as only the underclass own these. I have a hi-fi system driven from my Mac Mini, and what is on it just now is 'King of Pain' by the Police.

Good call on the mac mini I use an original atv but with a bigger hard drive makes a great music server !
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Currently, because it's beautifuly sunny and I'm baking bread rolls from scratch for a planned bbq this evening it's Jack Johnson for a little of that laid back tropical vibe. Probably put on Kirsty MacColl's Tropical Brainstorm album once this finishes for the same reason :D

Not trendy but IDGAF as I'm chilling with a pint of Pimms.

Enjoy it folks, days like this come but rarely.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Nik Cube wrote:
    Currently listening to Counting Crows - august and everything after.

Thank you Nik. I was beginning to think I was a different musical planet to everyone else, but Counting Crows I can relate to.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem