Let's have a Dog Cull.....

Comments

• guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    or a chinese bunny fanny

Dare I ask?
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    The more of this thread I read, the more I like my dogs.
    Happy trolling!
  • Neither Kelvin Mackenzie has forgotten more than those two novices will ever know.

Please don't mention that fucking vile cunt of a human on BR. www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

I'd genuinely do time for hurting that man.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    afx237vi wrote:
    Who are we banning/tarring with the same brush?

Is it cyclists or dogs?

I'm confused, obviously society would be a better place without both. :D

Kill it! KILL IT!

1496949592_9dc327ae77.jpg

Green towel on saddle, another great way of keeping your white saddle in pristine condition.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Too early for this crap CBA, MattC59, I agree, had a staffie, awesome mutt. Always been around dogs, mainly working, now have two ankle biters.

Dogs are way more intelligent that some people I know, (or don't it, would also seem), but then some dogs are inherently nasty at times.

Love n hugs

DD

PS I have a cat named Bob, hence my username...
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    millymoose wrote:
    Staafies are no more dangerous than an Andrex puppy

Not when they've been brought up by an idiot, which is the problem. A very, very high number of bull terriers' owners are cretins who just want a dog which makes them look hard.

You see them around here, practically dragging their dead-eyed pr1ck of an owner along, the owner having virtually no control. There are a lot of narrow footpaths where I live, and it's not particularly pleasant to have one snarling at you in that situation.

Although I suppose that makes me a DM type. :roll: :roll:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I think there's a simple solution: if the owner can't cotrol the dog, they should be put down. Possibly the dog too.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    guinea wrote:
    Dogs do not love you, they love the food you give them.

No, your wrong, it's children your thinking of there.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Staffies in particular have a very bad rep as a status dog, but that's the owners fault. A human cull would a be far more effective solution.
    People do tend to instantly be fearful of certain breeds, especially the bull breeds because of what they have read, heard and maybe seen a selective few of poorly owned dogs. The last nationally reported dog attack was by a Rotti and Jack Russell but people don't view the Jack Russell as a dangerous dog.
    Just to say I have 3 dogs, all English Bull Terriers and they have never harmed a person or another dog, and do not snarl at people in the street, they occasionally bark but that's what dogs do and only to get some attention.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    My flat coat retriever Hobbs:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3031/586 ... 2c2bd7.jpg

Lives in a city and the work he does is keep me and my wife sane and happy. He's our unofficial therapy dog - http://www.tdi-dog.org/About.aspx

Don't hate the dogs, hate the bad owners

Can't work out how to post images - off to see if I can find out![/img]
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i love dogs i really do, we have had countless over the years i know its 95% of blame on the owners but i still think there is still a few bad breeds of dogs around

it could be just due to bad reporting by the papers etc but when was the last time you heard of a cocker spaniel attacking a child?

a border collie savaging a postman?

im sure it must have happened at some point but i think a way higher percentage of dog attacks are by "status dogs" (staffs and mastiffs etc)
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Actually Mudcow - to be fair, I have a mate with a kid who was bitten by a cocker - it latched on and wouldn't let go apparently. Kid in question has always been nervous around dogs (is even more so now) - would not have been taunting the dog in anyway.

Just cos it ain't reported, don't mean it doesn't happen.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    mroli wrote:
    Just cos it ain't reported, don't mean it doesn't happen.

that's what i meant by "bad reporting" you only tend to hear about staffs etc

in Liverpool most street urchin walks around with a staff, there was a tv show on not that long ago an it was interviewing kids on the streets with dogs. one young lad likened walking a staff to walking around with a gun (in his words)
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    And what about the extendable lead tw@s who try and knock you off your bike.
    Eugenics is always the answer!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Yes +1. Cull all of them. I don't like them and neither see the need for them except as guide dogs or those used by the emergency services to chew criminals or sniff out drugs.

Yesterday afternoon I was walking along a path next to a field when I spied a biggish dog ahead, off it's lead which had clearly seen me and thought afternoon snack. It came racing up to me jumping up at me. As it did so it's mate came bounding out a field of wheat to bark and growl at me as well. Fortunately I had my camera monopod with me and used it to get them away, not before the stupid fat b1tch who was supposed to have them under control and on a lead started shouting and swearing at me.

Dogs cull them all. There is absolutely no reason for them. They only remain as some throw back to times of hunting by royals and aristocracy. Most dog owners only walk them as far as the dog takes it's first dump or pee then turn for home. Some really anti-social feckers take them further just to be sure their mutts have emptied their bowels. I am sick of treading in dogshit and the paths looking and smelling like a toilet. In the warm weather this is a serious health hazard and flies swarm over the turds then fly off and into houses through open windows into kitchens and bedrooms. Kids will always manage to tread in any dogshit that is on a path or pavement. Yuck.

Cull all dogs.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    My dog has managed to bring down a couple of joggers,so they cant be that bad.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    nevman wrote:

Definitely cull that one.

The worst are the dogs when you walk into their home and they're bounding away, barking, whatever. "Aw, they're fine, they've never hurt anyone", only for them to bite you.

Has happened 3 times to me.

I remember I was leafletting on behalf of a political party during the election and there were 3 houses were it was a proper tribulation to try and get the leaflet in without your fingers either being bitten or trapped in the letter box because the dogs were going crazy.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    I always find dogs to be a very good judge of character and because of this they only ever bite bad people.

So, if you have ever been bitten by a dog of any breed watch out because come the revolution you will be culled.

All Hail Fido, king of the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    pauldavid wrote:
    I always find dogs to be a very good judge of character

I agree

That's why I avoid their owners too.
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    Personally I like dogs and have owned dogs in the past. I genuinely believe that 99% of the time any problems are with their owners. Although it is a sad refelction on humanity that some breeds only exist because they have been cross bred to produce a "fighting" dog. These animals, I'm not keen on. Also I wonder how many people on here that claim to have been bitten have actually been bitten properly? Most dogs playing will involve grasping things in their mouths, this can include human hands toes, arms, legs etc. This might scratch or bruise. This is not a dog bite, a dog bite will sink thier teeth into you and potentially remove lumps of flesh and possibly fingers, limbs etc. This occurence is statistically incredibly rare.
  • amun1000
    amun1000 Posts: 242
    bearfraser wrote:
    And what about the extendable lead tw@s who try and knock you off your bike.
    Eugenics is always the answer!!!!!!!!! :lol:

+1 on this - hate them trip wires

I too, up to very recently, was a dog owner although some of you will be pleased to hear that she passed away (kidney disease) on Easter Sunday.
    I would never have a dog in the city. Living in the countryside a dog is almost a default accessory/friend/protector

What about people who walk their dogs on a bike? :shock:
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
  • rick_chasey
    Keith1983 wrote:
    Personally I like dogs and have owned dogs in the past. I genuinely believe that 99% of the time any problems are with their owners. Although it is a sad refelction on humanity that some breeds only exist because they have been cross bred to produce a "fighting" dog. These animals, I'm not keen on. Also I wonder how many people on here that claim to have been bitten have actually been bitten properly? Most dogs playing will involve grasping things in their mouths, this can include human hands toes, arms, legs etc. This might scratch or bruise. This is not a dog bite, a dog bite will sink thier teeth into you and potentially remove lumps of flesh and possibly fingers, limbs etc. This occurence is statistically incredibly rare.

So scratching and bruising is OK?

Bites I had were bad enough to be given the tetanus jab.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Dogs are nuisance and I agree cull the bleeding lot.

I'll start with the yappy little b'stard next door to me then I'll move on to the owners.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    guinea wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    As a religious fundamentalist labrador owner I resemble that remark.

I've only met the combination once.

Last year a dog tried to eat the picnic I was carrying through the New Forest. It jumped up at me and covered me in mud. I was becoming quite agressive and my wife was getting worried.

It wouldn't stop following and barking at us. Diety knows why. Eventually I feigned a kick at it, to try to scare it off.

You should have heard the owner! I was going to hell, I was the devil, how could I sleep etc... I looked at the owner straight in the face and said if the dog touched me again I was going to remove my cheese knife from my picnic and 'defend myself'.

The owner ran towards the dog, tackled it, put it on a leash and ran away swearing at me.

PS, there wasn't a cheese knife in the picnic. Just a couple of pork pies and an apple.

Same thing happened to me but it was a Bear in hat that ran off with my picnic basket
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    nevman wrote:

Definitely cull that one.

The worst are the dogs when you walk into their home and they're bounding away, barking, whatever. "Aw, they're fine, they've never hurt anyone", only for them to bite you.

I remember I was leafletting on behalf of a political party during the election and there were 3 houses were it was a proper tribulation to try and get the leaflet in without your fingers either being bitten or trapped in the letter box because the dogs were going crazy.

Sounds like a good reason to own a dog if you ask me. :wink:
  • greasedscotsman

Did you not think after the 2nd time, maybe I'm not going to put my fingers through someone's letterbox again?

:D
  • rick_chasey

Did you not think after the 2nd time, maybe I'm not going to put my fingers through someone's letterbox again?

:D

Some people have these brushes to keep the wind out. Difficult to shove the leaflet through without bending them without getting stuck in. :P
  • greasedscotsman
    Some people have these brushes to keep the wind out. Difficult to shove the leaflet through without bending them without getting stuck in. :P

Damn those home owners with they're dogs, brushes n' stuff! Maybe some of these are called for next time you go leafleting?

a96b_medieval_steel_gauntlets_atdesk.jpg
  • rick_chasey

Damn those home owners with they're dogs, brushes n' stuff! Maybe some of these are called for next time you go leafleting?

a96b_medieval_steel_gauntlets_atdesk.jpg

Ha, you could get away with that if you were leafletting on behalf of Tories.