Let's have a Dog Cull.....

15peter20
15peter20 Posts: 293
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
I thought I hated Giles Coren. Having just read the piece below, I now love him. I too am sick to death of treading in dog shite and of the shell suit wearing lazy, workshy, scrotes, bums and blerts with their weapons on leads (i.e. Ugly, snarling lumps of muscle known as 'Staffies') around my way. It's time for all dogs to go:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 728143.ece

Comments

• + 1 Million!!!
    Especially idiot dog owners that let animals run free in a childrens play area and prats that drive with an animal loose in the car!
    Oh he won't hurt you, he'll just lick you to death!
    Errrr I'd rather he bit straight through my jugular vein.

That said I feel sorry for the responsible considerate owners that appreciate not everyone shares their passion.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    It's not the dogs, in fact Staffies can be fantastic pets. It's the owners who should be culled !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • millymoose
    millymoose Posts: 117
    I REALLY want to get in to a heated debate but cannot be bothered with the 'DM' types!

Staafies are no more dangerous than an Andrex puppy
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    I hate dogs.

My dad, as a shpherd kept some collies, well trained and lived outside. They were almost acceptable.

Any dogs living in a town and not working for a living are just a blight on society.

Anyone whining about dogs giving companionship and unconditional love should go and get some real friends. Dogs do not love you, they love the food you give them.

What sort of a person wakes up in the morning and thinks "I wanna scoop poo every day for the next ten years, I better get a dog".
  • guinea
    MattC59 wrote:
    It's not the dogs, in fact Staffies can be fantastic pets. It's the owners who should be culled !!!

When that argument pop up the answer is still the same. Put it down.

The animal is too dumb to be any loss and it punishes the owner.

Win/win.
  • guinea
    millymoose wrote:
    I REALLY want to get in to a heated debate but cannot be bothered with the 'DM' types!

Except the ones, you know, that kill kids.

Other than those ones, they're great pets.
  • millymoose
    Guide Dogs for the Blind and Pets as Therapy would love to hear from you.
  • guinea
    millymoose wrote:
    Guide Dogs for the Blind and Pets as Therapy would love to hear from you.

I'll repeat this for you

"Any dogs living in a town and not working for a living are just a blight on society."
  • millymoose
    Guinea did you have to train to be a c"nt or were you born like it?
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    millymoose wrote:

Surely thats the same argument as saying an AK47 is no more dangerous than a spud gun - neither are likely to go off and take the same effort to pull the trigger however when the AK goes off then it's much much messier.
  • millymoose
    It's all down to the owners - bring back licences. Staffies and indeed any dogs will takevthe lead from the pack leader i.e. US!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    guinea wrote:
    I hate dogs.

My dad, as a shpherd kept some collies, well trained and lived outside. They were almost acceptable.

Any dogs living in a town and not working for a living are just a blight on society.

Anyone whining about dogs giving companionship and unconditional love should go and get some real friends. Dogs do not love you, they love the food you give them.

What sort of a person wakes up in the morning and thinks "I wanna scoop poo every day for the next ten years, I better get a dog".
    I understand people not liking dogs, but your post is a little eerm.... Daily Mail-esque.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If there was a world championships of trolling, who would win the rainbow jersey, Giles Coren or AA Gill?
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Neither Kelvin Mackenzie has forgotten more than those two novices will ever know.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    There are other people who annoy me far more than a dog ever could. Time to give up when you find yourself agreeing with Giles Coren.
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    edited June 2011
    15peter20 wrote:
    I thought I hated Giles Coren. Having just read the piece below, I now love him.
    I've gone the other way– I used to sort of like Giles Coren, as a restaurant critic at least: now I'm sick of his schtick, partly for embittered rants like this. I get it– it's satire, comedic overstatement. But it's damned lazy satire, filed to a deadline. Journalistic gravy by somebody who used to profess to admire "the craft" of journalism (and who probably doesn't care one way or the other about dogs).
  • oscar-j
    oscar-j Posts: 269
    guinea wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

When that argument pop up the answer is still the same. Put it down.

The animal is too dumb to be any loss and it punishes the owner.

Win/win.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view but i can't quite get my head that far up my ar5e!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I do hate dogs.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    guinea wrote:
    I hate dogs.

Well given the choice of a dog or a ranting bigoted prick....
  • millymoose
    I do hate dogs.

I do haye cyclists. ( I obviously don't but meh!)
  • guinea
    Dog lovers are even more mental than religious fundamentalists.

Calm down folks, it's just a web forum.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    As a religious fundamentalist labrador owner I resemble that remark.
  • guinea
    pauldavid wrote:
    As a religious fundamentalist labrador owner I resemble that remark.

I've only met the combination once.

Last year a dog tried to eat the picnic I was carrying through the New Forest. It jumped up at me and covered me in mud. I was becoming quite agressive and my wife was getting worried.

It wouldn't stop following and barking at us. Diety knows why. Eventually I feigned a kick at it, to try to scare it off.

You should have heard the owner! I was going to hell, I was the devil, how could I sleep etc... I looked at the owner straight in the face and said if the dog touched me again I was going to remove my cheese knife from my picnic and 'defend myself'.

The owner ran towards the dog, tackled it, put it on a leash and ran away swearing at me.

PS, there wasn't a cheese knife in the picnic. Just a couple of pork pies and an apple.
  • MaxwellBygraves
    MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
    Who are we banning/tarring with the same brush?

Is it cyclists or dogs?

I'm confused, obviously society would be a better place without both. :D
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

Is it cyclists or dogs?

Kill it! KILL IT!

1496949592_9dc327ae77.jpg
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    afx237vi wrote:

Is it cyclists or dogs?

Kill it! KILL IT!

1496949592_9dc327ae77.jpg

Is that a f@*king fixie? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    PS, there wasn't a cheese knife in the picnic. Just a couple of pork pies and an apple.[/quote]

I knew you didn't have a knife with you, well my dog is actually a staffie in a labrador suit and next time I'm going to unzip him and let him pinch your cheese :lol:
  • guinea
    Oh noes :(

My cheese.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I love dogs. Can't stand cats. Sneaky cats. Climb on your lap and then zing....out with claws...if some one could create a clawless cat....or a chinese bunny fanny....now theres a thought.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • al2098
    al2098 Posts: 174
    No fault of the dog in any of this.
    Problem is with the Chav.
    Or the wishy washy fool with no life and only a dog as a friend.
    The dog shits.. the owner decides whether to pick it up.