Chain Reaction on fire again

2»

Comments

• Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Cooldad you've stopped ordering from CRC then, yours must be on a a permanent hold :wink:
  • on the subject then...how do you guys find Evans online?

I ordered some replacement cables and a couple of chains (price matched against CRC very quickly - thumbs up) on Tuesday at about 6pm. Needing the stuff by Thursday evening I paid for 1 - 2 day delivery, stuff on ly turned up this morning.

A complaint is in the offing...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    kaiser83 wrote:
    Cooldad you've stopped ordering from CRC then, yours must be on a a permanent hold :wink:

Yup they've blocked my IP address and if I try log on my keyboard blows up.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    on the subject then...how do you guys find Evans online?

never had a problem tbh!
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    I've got mixed thoughts on CRC but use them a lot for convenience. I've had my card cloned through them but they handled it professionally. Their orders sometimes are useless and many have taken 3+ days to leave, but again sometimes I've had them delivered next day. For me CRC is a bit of a gamble, but if i was desperate for it next day I'll pay for the upgrade.

Wiggle I'm disappointed in. Their express service is 2 days? Really? Express? What if I needed it next day, there is no option? So CRC/Merlin can get things to me FOC in 1 day and Wiggle get me to them after paying £3.50 in 2 days? TBH the only stuff I get from Wiggle is DHB as I like their stuff.

Merlin is my fav, fast, cheap, easy to use, efficient, fast on the phone. If they had a slightly wider stock level I wouldn't use anyone else. I've had next day delivery every time, including Saturdays.

Failing all that, nothing beats a LBS, better service, and friendly advice. Plus every time I go in a get a cup of coffee a good chat, and if I buy off them, they fit the parts free if I am too lazy, brilliant!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    But some LBS are sh!t, so a bag full of angry bees beats them, at least the bees aren't condescending while they're stinging you!

I've always found Wiggle to be excellent as well.

It must be that "whiny beetch hold", alll of them must use it! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Wheelies. Quite literally on fire. Delayed my mates order for a Giant Defy by a week because they said their warehouse was ON FIRE and no lorries could get on and off site.

He ordered a pair of £50 shoes with the bike, Total order nearly £600 and then charged him £6.00 postage when he had to return the shoes because they came up too small.

This was after he waited a week longer for the bike.
  • 5xcr
    5xcr Posts: 195
    O.K.

Back to the positve OP`s hopes.

ordered from CRC Wednesday around 1 am , order recieved thursday 2pm.(fork oil , brakepads, pedals , Endura windchill jacket.).

as above order time nextday tyres (1maxxis minion) order recieved same as above.

as above order time, Lights,Lights,Lights.co.uk.(1 magicshine mj 872) order recieved about 12.30pm thursday.

FANTASTIC SERVICE, VERY HAPPY!.

5xcr :D
    12hr days 5 days a week riding to work and back and still the energy to ride 2 other days
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    That's what i like to see...

Ordered last night at 5pm... arrived today at 1pm !!!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Neily03 wrote:
    snowden_88 wrote:
    I think some credit should go to Royal Mail also.

Nah, they're a shower of sh*t. The sooner a real competitor comes along and puts them out of business the better.

I use Royal Mail daily for past ten years and not had any problems.. Apart frok obvious slight delays at busy periods.

I used ChainReaction 3 times and all 3 times messed up.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    deadkenny wrote:
    One off freak accident I think. My order last week was the same as always with CRC. Ordered, everything in stock, heard nothing for three days, then they say one item is out of stock and cancelled it, but didn't send the rest that were in stock. Much complaining and then asked for them to cancel the order as I'd made other arrangements and surprise surprise it suddenly ships (just before their reply saying they can't cancel it because it's shipped). A week later.

I'm pretty much at the point now where I will refuse to order anything from CRC. It's not about the slower ship time because of where they're located. That I can accept. It's the fact they never ship "same day" even if I order well before the cut off, they often fail to ship even the next day, and I have to send them emails to find out what's going on and push them into shipping, or they make mistakes. Has happened many times now and I'm fed up with them.

I moved to Wiggle and never looked back. A little gutted at Chain Reaction have some awesom deals. But they just can not deliver on there promises. Exact same thing happened to me. But on 3 occasions and when I had paid for next day delivery. Customer promise/service is not a priority or strong point of theres.
  • Growmac
    Growmac Posts: 117
    I used Wiggle yesterday and paid £3.99 for the fast delivery. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow (having waited in until 2 until the tracking came up on the system).

Every time I've used CRC recently the postage has been free and I've had my stuff before lunch the next day. Unimpressed with Wiggle, although the price was very good.
    1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.