Chain Reaction on fire again

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Just wanted to say that an order I placed this morning at 8:51 has been despatched at 10:25.

New record

Comments

• andrewyzfr6
    andrewyzfr6 Posts: 194
    I used to order stuff from evans on a friday afternoon between 3-4pm and received it by 9.30 on the saturday morning.this was usually an extra charge tho, but considering this was 8 to 10 years ago and evans was/is in London and im 15 miles from john o groats.
    That said, i usually get things fast from chain reaction too.
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr
  • snowden_88
    snowden_88 Posts: 174
    I think some credit should go to Royal Mail also.
    "it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    snowden_88 wrote:
    I think some credit should go to Royal Mail also.

Nah, they're a shower of sh*t. The sooner a real competitor comes along and puts them out of business the better.
  • snowden_88
    snowden_88 Posts: 174
    In my experience (apart from Xmas) its more down to the seller pretending to dispatch rather than Royal Mail being slow
    "it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    That sort of fire!

I was looking forward to the smoke damaged sale :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    One off freak accident I think. My order last week was the same as always with CRC. Ordered, everything in stock, heard nothing for three days, then they say one item is out of stock and cancelled it, but didn't send the rest that were in stock. Much complaining and then asked for them to cancel the order as I'd made other arrangements and surprise surprise it suddenly ships (just before their reply saying they can't cancel it because it's shipped). A week later.

I'm pretty much at the point now where I will refuse to order anything from CRC. It's not about the slower ship time because of where they're located. That I can accept. It's the fact they never ship "same day" even if I order well before the cut off, they often fail to ship even the next day, and I have to send them emails to find out what's going on and push them into shipping, or they make mistakes. Has happened many times now and I'm fed up with them.
  • RC76
    RC76 Posts: 16
    I paid extra for DHL courier delivery on Friday morning. Everything is in stock and the order is still processing after four working days. Don't assume you will get the same service for every order!
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    That's a shame, I've never had issues with them although I do prefer Wiggle

Good for you though .bltz, that's a result!
    Many happy trails!
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    ... and right on cue, out come all the CRC moaners again ...

Shock news! Online retailer isn't perfect! (like everything in life).

:roll:

I had high hopes that this might remain, as it started, a positive thread... sigh
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    shm_uk wrote:

:roll:

I had high hopes that this might remain, as it started, a positive thread... sigh

More shock news just in

People like to vent their anger and frustration on forums
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    I ordered something from CRC at 7:50am on Monday morning, expecting it to be shipped that day. Received an e-mail at 6:32am on Tuesday morning. Seems a bit odd that it would have been shipped at half 6 in the morning! Hopefully it will have arrived today though, will find out when I get home.
  • .blitz
    Seems a bit odd that it would have been shipped at half 6 in the morning!
    In case you haven't already seen it: Chain Reaction Cycles - order to shipping

I think if I worked there I would get sweet FA done I would be opening boxes and looking at stuff all day :)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    CRC went slow for a bit (were they moving warehouse or something) But I've placed two orders in the last 10 days and both have arrived 'next day', sunday afternoon-tuesday morning and Wednesday morning-Thursday morning. They're back on my good list.

The worst problem I've ever had with RM was a delivery needing a signature but being taken back to the sorting office without a card being left.

After a few days I called the shop
    Me:"Where's my stuff"
    Shop: " check at your local sorting office"
    Me->sorting office:"Where's my stuff"
    Sorting office: "Here it is, sorry about that sir".

Oh, the humanity! :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • .blitz
    Our house is empty during the day so when expecting a delivery from CRC I put a notice on the door asking the RM to throw parcels over the side gates.

Fine for indestructable bike bits but unfortunately the post bloke has taken it for granted that we want everything thrown over the side gates - phones, routers, bottles of perfume...
  • Anonymous
    shm_uk wrote:

True, but yet I never have a single problem with Wiggle & Merlin, and as I've said my problems with CRC are pretty much every order.

If it was a moan on a one off or very occasional slip up then fine. I order massive amount of stuff from Amazon and very occasionally they slip up. I can moan but it's just something that can happen. My experience with CRC is far from "it happens sometimes".

The annoyance is CRC claim to have stock of things that others may not, but then as I find they don't actually have the stock when they claim they do anyway.
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    lol I ordered some nice anodized blue 5mm headset spacers on Monday and they were in the local post office depot on Tuesday. Great I though, until I realised that a headset spacer is a 5mm x 2mm x 30mm metal ring, and the postman wasnt able to get the box through my front door neccessitating going back to the depot.

Good old CRC in mahoooosively oversized box shocker :lol:
  • pat mcgucken
    pat mcgucken Posts: 126
    I have to say they have always been excellent as far as I'm concerned. They rang me once to check that I'd ordered the right thing (can't actually remember what it was now) as there were two different sizes of (whatever it was) and they only stocked one of them. I also called them once a couple of years ago at 3.00pm on a thursday when I blew a fork seal and needed one for the weekend and the guy said he would get one of the girls who was leaving early to post them out. They turned up the next morning. Can't fault that
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I ordered a couple of Garmins from handtec an edge 800 for me a couple of weeks ago and a 500 as a gift for someone.

both ordered at about 5-8pm and delivered by 2pm the next day, even though I chose standard delivery (2-3 days) rather than next day. I also got a text telling me the hour they'd arrive.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Neily03 wrote:
    Nah, they're a shower of sh*t. The sooner a real competitor comes along and puts them out of business the better.

Is that another way of saying they're the best there is? :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I've been using Wiggle and Merlin, but tried CRC for Ergon grips day before yesterday.

Good Price - and next day delivery.

I was a little nervous as there was Credit Card fraud at the beginning of the year, but heard that was resolved and so decided to take the plunge - will be using again.
    Regards

Rich
    ============
    2011 Canyon Grand Canyon CF
    ============
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    I always use paypal just because it means I dont have to reach down to get my wallet out to find my card numbers..but if fraud is a concern thats the best way to handle it
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    All of my CRC orders have arrived next day. Even when ordered at 15h30.

My Wiggle orders seem to go through an event horizon, languish in someone's In Box for 3 days and then arrive the day after that. This really annoys me as the postie does his bit but you need to order Monday at the latest if you need something for the weekend. I have since read that you can pay extra to bribe the warehouse staff to get off their arses and process your order... when they get it.

Big thumbs up for CRC.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Anonymous
    Just total opposite for me. Wiggle = next day, CRC = order a week or more before you actually need it and pray.

Postie element is another matter but they've been okay recently for me even though I've heard my local service has gone downhill as they've reduced shifts or something (people getting their mail in batches now, so arrive Monday, Wednesday and Friday, e.g.).
  • sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    if buying stuff without the effort of leaving your sofa, from a huge range, at significant discounts, with realworld user / owner feedback on hand and then getting delivered for free in 1 to 3 days (and sometimes with free sweeties) isn't for you, may i suggest shcelping off to your lbs to have the understocked, limited range, over priced, ill informed and often arsey retail experience.

come on, are you really complaining about this?? it's a miracle that never fail to amaze.

but that might just be the free sweeties talking
  • chalky1
    chalky1 Posts: 30
    i ordered from CRC on weds & it turned up Fri
    thats good enough for me, my alternative would be to drive 15 miles each way only to find out my not so local LBS can order it in as they dont hold any stock !

My last 4 orders have turned up with sachets of goodness shakes, zero tabs, energy gels !
    As posted above !
    I dont get it !

I think some of you must have personal shoppers, unfortunately i have to make do with tapping away at buttons and waiting for delivery :roll:
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    I ordered @ 4:30PM last sunday and my parcel came at 08:30 on wednesday.......Quicker than when i ordered stuff from an e bay store !!
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Chain reaction cycles is great, when I ordered some things here to my home in Austria on a thursday, had them here on Tuesday. Only 3 business days to get things is quite good if you ask me!
  • Anonymous
    If only I could get that kind of service from them myself :(

Guess I've just been extremely unlucky with them or they hate me for some reason.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    edited June 2011
    deadkenny wrote:
    Guess I've just been extremely unlucky with them or they hate me for some reason.

i never had a problem with them before now and then the last order i did, "dispatched" and hour after order 14 days later my t shirt arrives with a postal mark on from the dayprior to delivery, Royal Mail 1 - CRC 0

CRC are getting slow!

EDITED to reflect whiney bitch status vv
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    @DK and Kaiser it is a well known fact that they hate whiny bitches, so any order from you goes on 14 day whiny b1tch hold.

This is true.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools