Rain, rain..

2»

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Sick of the damn rain. And I know the Cycle Superhighways are supposed to be grippy, but I can't help but crap myself a little as I join one from an angle to see it glistening all shiny.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    So glad I left the Roadracers on this summer ,last night was like cycling through a stream on the downhills. Why do some motorists drive like they have never seen rain before,saw some incredible idiot maneuveres last night !!
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    mudcow007 wrote:
    just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow in Stafford an its raining

booo hiss im going to Alton Towers :(

Erm..... Alton Towers isn't in Stafford.

Just though you should know if you find yourself thinking the A34 roundabout is the Nemesis

*cough*

Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    It's quite a big county is Staffordshire :wink:

You'd be better looking for the weather at Uttoxeter or even Ashbourne
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Sick of the damn rain. And I know the Cycle Superhighways are supposed to be grippy, but I can't help but crap myself a little as I join one from an angle to see it glistening all shiny.

Some have a textured surface but a lot of them seem to be gloss paint! After several heartstoppers on friday night i was cycling very slowly on the shiny blue stuff! :shock:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    snooks wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I couldn't face a 3rd day of cycling with wet feet this morning so I took the carbon bike with different shoes. I'm glad I did as I'd forgotten how fast it was on the commute, so all in I'm thankful for the rain!

I though carbon melted in rain, well that's what the word on the street is. ;)
    I think it does, which is why I took the carbon bike this morning after checking today's forecast to ensure it wouldn't see any water, poor thing.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I decided to take it carefully cycling home last night. Having said that, far too many cyclists were in a hurry to get home and didn't seem to appreciate the fact that brakes don't work as well on a bicycle in the wet. In fact I saw a couple of occasions where people almost went down, plus a lot of RLJ activity.

So, yes, I took it easy, which was the best option. I can't describe how upsetting it was though when a woman on a bike with a basket on the front overtook me!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Hissed down all morning in Glasgow.... streets in the centre are flooded with some drains spouting water. Should be an interesting commute home....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • richrock
    richrock Posts: 77
    First sunny yesterday for ages... 'I'll just take my summer kit' thought I. :x

4.50pm - starts raining. By time I'm out on the road, it's hammering down. And there's me, just my pack, bibshorts and short sleeve jersey and an 8 mile ride home.... At least it was warm.

Shoes were still damp this morning though. :(
  • mudcow007

sweet! cloudy with partial rain, i'll take it
  • AAAAaaaagggghhhhh!!!!

My eyes! My eyes!!

Every time it really pishes down for the first time in a while, I get the agony of sweaty helmet juice dripping in my eyes. Bloody knacks! :x

Still, at least my helmet's a bit cleaner now/ :D
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    AAAAaaaagggghhhhh!!!!

My eyes! My eyes!!

Every time it really pishes down for the first time in a while, I get the agony of sweaty helmet juice dripping in my eyes. Bloody knacks! :x

Still, at least my helmet's a bit cleaner now/ :D

That's one reason why use a buff as a headband in the summer - even when it isn't raining.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 wrote:

sweet! cloudy with partial rain, i'll take it

well Alton Towers was a wash out, but on the ride "Air" were you are lying down facing forward with the rain hitting your face at 40mph + its great fun

considering it was a school day, the place was fully of kids!
  • Kieran_Burns
    My fave ride is always the log flume - simply because being geeky, me and some mates worked out the best way to get soaked.

Have the heavyweights at the front, and pull yourself as far forward as possible as you hit the final drop.

I looked up when we hit the water and could only see this grey wall vertically in front of us.

We Got Drenched.

We actually got a standing ovation from the staff for the sheer size and soakability of the wave :D
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • mudcow007
    the group in the "log" behind us all stripped of to underwear i was pretty gutted though, there wasn't a looker in the bunch

rides in coolness order

Air
    nemesis
    Rita
    Oblivion
    Sonic pinball thingy
    log flume (was too chilly to get soaked)
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    I don't freeking believe it!

0900-1400 ish no rain
    1400-1405 ish rain
    1405-1726 no rain
    1726 RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even rode in earlier so I could get out at 5:30 in the dot.

The last three days I've ridden in the last 3 days it's rained.

It's still raining now :(
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Kieran_Burns
    Dodged it again today. Came in to cover the early checks and saw a rainbow from the huge cloudstack coming our way. Had I cycled in at the normal time I would've got soaked.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X