My RockHopper that now spends it's time tree dodging :-)

2»

Comments

• SurferEv
    SurferEv Posts: 78
    Ahh... Not been through serious enough mud with these on to test that. But had that very issue with the old Specialized general ones.. Had to carry the bike across a field because it was caking to the tyre and wedging in the frame / forks (but that was clay and the day after heavy rain and all grainy due to being just tractor track across well worked soil)

I'll have to see how they behave through the serious stuff... And with all this rain today and hoping to get out for a good pin tomorrow morning before more falls, I'll let you know if I gain any more insight then..

But I have also bought these tyres with this winter in mind.. If we did in fact get the summer we deserve, I'd possible put the Specialized ones back on to preserve the new ones.. But with it being so changeable, I'm inclined to just keep them as spares and keep the Nic & Ralph on.
  • philcube
    philcube Posts: 45
    very nice looking bike!
    how are you finding the v8's? my r/hopper still has the original pedals (quite slippery in the wet) and i'm gonna change them anytime now.
  • SurferEv
    They're so much better than the standard pedals.. It took me less than a week after buying the bike to upgrade them. Standard ones were way too slippery.

Popped down to my LBS and they had some white ones coming in a couple of days so reserved a pair (only a couple of quid more than online prices). They fitted them and filled with grease (they come 'dry' with a small amount of grease in a syringe so this has been put aside for future overhaul service)

And getting them in white really added to the aesthetic side of the bike too, which is always a bonus :wink:
  • Hi Guys,

Eventually got round to taking a few pics of my Rockhopper and Camber.

6005653184_3da79577d2.jpg

I've gone for Hope (Blue) QR skewers and seatpost binder.
    White DMR V8's and some Peaty white grips although added some blue lock-ons to match up.

It's a bit of a mish-mash now (one brake lever in black, one silver, etc) but it's my second bike and only comes out for trips to the shops or when the Camber is out of action.

One thing I have messed about with lately (on both bikes) is the setup of the forsk (Reba SL's) and I am so impressed how I've got them tuned on on the Rockhopper, it has made a massive difference to the handling and feel, so much so that I'm tempted to drag the RH down to Wales next time I go to give it a really stern test.

Cheers,

Ninjs

P.S - Still not got across to Hockley Woods yet.
  • SurferEv
    Ah. I just got over to Hockley (via Cherry Orchard, fields, Grove woods, etc) on Friday evening.. was a good blast at good pace.

Let me know when you're out again and maybe I can tag along?

Also, next time I'm heading over to Hockley I'll let you know..

Cheers,

Ev