Calf Strain

JN11
JN11 Posts: 3
Hi! I know this is going to be a bit long but opinions will be much appreciated :)

I'v got a bit of a problem with my left calf. About a month I was racing and I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my calf, but i kept riding to the finish! :( So I toke a week off and then it felt fine so I went for ride and made it worse! So I decided to get physio on it and last week she said the tare was healed and to start back increasing from 20 minutes to 30 minutes to 40 etc every second day with very little intensity. So monday night i managed to get up to an hour with no pain but when I woke up yesturday morning and this morning it felt achy but it doesnt feel too bad! I was wondering is this normal when recovering from a calf strain or have I re injured it. If I havent, should i continue building back up and ignore the ache?
Im 20 years old if thats relevent!!

Thanks for your time! :)

Comments

• kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    AFAIK this is quite normal withj mucle tears - you need to be patient and not rush as it will take longer to heal. You didn't help yourself continuing racing TBH and unfortunately paying the price now. Build up slowly and listen to your body. Could be worth some more physio too to improve recovery.
    Sorry if this isn;t what you want to hear
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum