good and crap films?

13»

Comments

• montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    Can I say we're in full agreement that anything involving Jennifer Aniston will be utter poop (and avoid like plague)?
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Can I say we're in full agreement that anything involving Jennifer Aniston will be utter poop (and avoid like plague)?

seconded with a bag of spubs!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    My mate lent me a film a few weks ago called Kung Pow, it's a few years old now but it's up thee with the funniest films i've ever seen just for sheer stupidity.They edited two old hongkong kung fu films together and put a new character in with blue screen then preceeded to overdub it as badly as they could.
    http://youtu.be/GXrAYdSeWY8

This film is one of my all time faves, so many one liners in it that make me laugh so hard 2 drops of wee come out.
    GhallTN6 wrote:
    For the sheer fun value, Kun Fu Hussle is a must!
    Kung Fu Hustle is also brilliant! Shaolin Soccer is also good, but just not quite up to spec.

Do I need to mention Hot Fuzz?
    And Yes Man I find thoroughly enjoyable, if you can get over Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey.

Superbad is on in a bit, think I'll check it out
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    My mate lent me a film a few weks ago called Kung Pow, it's a few years old now but it's up thee with the funniest films i've ever seen just for sheer stupidity.They edited two old hongkong kung fu films together and put a new character in with blue screen then preceeded to overdub it as badly as they could.

This film is one of my all time faves, so many one liners in it that make me laugh so hard 2 drops of wee come out.

Even things that shouldn't be funny have you rolling around in fits of laughter

"killing is wrong. there should be another word for killing, like bad-wrong or badong. yes, killing is badong. i shall devote my life to the opposite of killing which is gnillik."

I almost wet myself after this scene :lol:
    http://youtu.be/16_EIq9qaTA
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Muttly1981

Generally i'd agree but gotta say Office Space by Mike Judge is an exception to the rule
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i really really enjoyed "how to obvious your dragon". toothless reminds me of my dog.

a film i was utterly suprised by and really enjoyed is called "wild target" a british gangstery film which is funny.

watched "rec2" last night and thought that was a good film.

fave films are "matilda" and "love honour and obey"
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2011
    fave films are "matilda" and "love honour and obey"

+ Pow-tay-tow.
  • foxc_uk
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Muttly1981 wrote:

Even things that shouldn't be funny have you rolling around in fits of laughter

"killing is wrong. there should be another word for killing, like bad-wrong or badong. yes, killing is badong. i shall devote my life to the opposite of killing which is gnillik."

I almost wet myself after this scene :lol:
    http://youtu.be/16_EIq9qaTA

I frequently use 'badong' as a real word, and no-one gets it!

I think you chose my favourite scene!! I'm gonna watch the fark out of that film tonight! Yiiyiyiiii!!!
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    watched the following recently: -

13 - Great film, Ray Winstone, Jason Stratham and Mickey Rourke
    Sanctum - Beautifully filmed and gripping movie about cave diving gone wrong
    Death Race 2 - C R A P
    The Warriors Way - Chinese martial arts meets the westerns.. entertaining
  • Muttly1981
    Che - A revolutionary life part 1 + 2
    I've been meaning to watch these two films for a while now and finally go around to buying them last week, i'm not normally a fan of subtitled films but i don't think the films would have been half as good in English and on the whole two very good pieces of cinema.
  • Muttly1981
    Watching kungpow again and it's just genius "your story makes my heart heavy and my prostate weak"
  • foxc_uk
    "from this day forward, you shall all refer to me by the name Betty"

Made all the more funner by the fact that one of the trainees on a course I look after recently changed her name to Betty.
    Will get round to watching it again this weekend :)
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I like Mamma-mia

and Titanic.

Are you josh?
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I watched The Departed on the way back from hols and it was pretty good
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Sat at home alone while the wife is away watching You me and Dupree.

Not the best film and so far I've only laughed out loud once.

"leave Lance Armstrong out of this, he's done more with one testicle than any of us can do with three!"
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418

"leave Lance Armstrong out of this, he's done more with one testicle than any of us can do with three!"

that actually made me do what i thnk the kids call LOL.

what a line!
  • Muttly1981
    Day of today so going to make an attempt at watching Mutant vampire zombies from the hood, it sounds like it could be an instant classic.
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    I watched Ride the Divide the other night.

Loved it! :)

Now I want to strap a tent to my bike! hehehe
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Going back a bit but,

Highlander - Brilliant

Highlander II - Utter turd and the only film I've got close to walking out of.