2 Weeks off on Holiday

gary.hounsome
gary.hounsome Posts: 296
I will be going on Holiday next wednesday for 2 weeks, and have pretty much cycled non stop since the winter 100 mile a week commute and the weekend club-ride. I had a week off 2 weeks ago due to illness and dont feel quite as fit yet as before but should think ill be back to normal by the time i go on holiday.

Will a two week complete rest do me good or should i do some exercises each day? I intend on a few lengths each morning in the pool before breakfast but I dont want to come back and struggle to do my first week back?

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I will be going on Holiday next wednesday for 2 weeks, and have pretty much cycled non stop since the winter 100 mile a week commute and the weekend club-ride. I had a week off 2 weeks ago due to illness and dont feel quite as fit yet as before but should think ill be back to normal by the time i go on holiday.

Will a two week complete rest do me good or should i do some exercises each day? I intend on a few lengths each morning in the pool before breakfast but I dont want to come back and struggle to do my first week back?

:shock: As yo have posted in Training, (assuming maybe you have set goals?) have yo never heard of this....? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_periodization