Joggers...

2»

Comments

• paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    . . . looking back to check out the buttocks (like a championship racehorse, BTW) :D

This thread is worthless without pics!

641416351_76dd550fb5.jpg
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    I think about it like this - If i'm climbing (running or riding) once you stop its hard to get going again. As far as i'm concerned someone coming down should give way to anyone coming up.

Running on the right makes sense as the majority of people drive/ride on the left - hearing things coming from behind you when youre running can be difficult.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    From the jogger's perspective...
    My beef is that the driver does crap all about it, continues driving, and expects the jogger to do all the work, which often means stopping entirely and having to keep an eye on the car trying to pass on the left. Why should I have to stop, then get back up to speed, when the driver has to put in zero effort to do the same

Frankly, this is another case of DeadKenny being an obnoxious human being.
    Well, the feeling would be mutual at least. I have the bigger vehicle though and it's more funny if they end up having to dive into a ditch to get out of the way :D

Or they could run with traffic and actually use pavements when they are available (as some just run in the road despite them), we'd get on fine :twisted:

As for the trails, if it's a question of buttocks or knockers to look at depending on direction, then fine. Either is a distraction but perhaps a welcome one until you crash. It's perhaps over with too quickly if they are coming towards you though ;)