No Power reading

bigcgilmour
bigcgilmour Posts: 106
Hi

I've got a powertap set up with a gamrin 705, for a while it was working fine but all of a suddent there is no longer any power reading, I've tried new batteries, re calbirating but no success - The 705 still reads hr etc and there must be some sort of connection with the powertap as I still get a speed reading.
My mate couldn't get a reading when we tried his 705...

Anybody got any ideas before I send it back?

Comments

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Sounds like its fooked. As you've tried it with two head units it seems clear that the problem is with the hub.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have you rescanned?

Changed batteries in the hub?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Are you getting speed from GPS or a GSC-10 maybe?

If batteries in hub are good and you've tried re-pairing then sounds like a trip to Paligap is in store for your hub.
    More problems but still living....
  • bigcgilmour
    edited June 2011
    Doh idoit am I, speed is most likely from GPS isn't it... there is no cadence info which also comes from the HUB. As I thought the HUB is gubbed, just wanted to run it by a few others before I dismantle my wheel, only has it working for 4 months!!!

Thanks for all your feedback
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Doh, speed is most likely from GPS... there is no cadence info which also comes from the HUB. As I thought the HUB is gubbed, just wanted to run it by a few others before I dismantle my wheel, only has it working for 4 months!!!

Thanks for all your feedback

Why would you dismantle it? Send it to Paligap as a whole wheel.
  • bigcgilmour
    I was going to send it back to the company I got it from (Xmas gift, rhymes with Wriggle). Was hoping they would replace it or repair it FOC.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    You could send it to Wiggle, but if it is under warranty they would only send it to Paligap for repair, you are unlikely to get a replacement.

You might as well call Paligap and arrange to send it there direct, as it is under warranty any repairs should be FOC, the only cost you have to incur are the shipping charges to Paligap. From what I have heard you will likely get a pretty quick turnaround from them.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    There is a space on the online returns form for you to provide a scanned copy of your purchase receipt to confirm warranty so it looks likely that they will deal directly with warranty repairs that don't come through the original seller.
  • JAnglesea
    JAnglesea Posts: 28
    I've had similar problems with my (admittedly older model) Powertap in the past with excessive vibration of the pickup sensor. I solved it by putting extra foam padding under the pickup sensor and not doing up the cable ties too tight.

Don't know if that's your problem or if it's applicable to newer models but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
  • bigcgilmour
    Once again thanks all for the responses, will be on the phone to Paligap tomorrow to get the low down.