Public Stoning

2»

Comments

• EKE_38BPM wrote:
    People who take drugs should be stoned.
    Taking the high ground, DM?

He he, no. I was just thinking about what happens when you take drugs. In fact, if you're taking drugs and not getting stoned you might want to consider changing your supplier.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Can you add Bob Crow to the list?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:

He he, no. I was just thinking about what happens when you take drugs. In fact, if you're taking drugs and not getting stoned you might want to consider changing your supplier.

EKE gets a whoosh for that one.
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:

It only just occurred to me (on the way back from the pharmacy, curiously enough) that EKE had planted the word ''high'' in his question. In which case, he scores a pre-emptive whoosh.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    mudcow007 wrote:
    can it be a boulder so you can flatten the "only way is essex" cast? they get right on my thripny bits

First time I saw that I thought it was a mickey take - then I realised they were real so my vote is for Essex - the entire county - does a meteorite qualify as stoning ?*

*except for the bit where LiT lives
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    Ha, just shows more folks value money more than human life or health :(
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    I'd say a meteorite counts as a single stone, and mine would by an amazing fluke selectively take out all and any illegal car parkers-I don't care if you were only a few seconds buying fags and left your hazards on-and not harm anyone else.

It would also contain the ability to cause a particularly slow and painful death to anyone who has ever parked on a pavement.

I don't have to be reasonable all the time....
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

It only just occurred to me (on the way back from the pharmacy, curiously enough) that EKE had planted the word ''high'' in his question. In which case, he scores a pre-emptive whoosh.

I was going to underline the word 'high', but didn't think it necessary. Maybe I was wrong.

DM, it depends on the drug that is being taken. If you take Speed and get stoned, I'm sure you'd be a bit annoyed. A very chilled form of annoyed, of course.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • I was going to underline the word 'high', but didn't think it necessary. Maybe I was wrong.

Curses, you caught me before I could my brain into gear! :lol:
  • nigglenoo
    nigglenoo Posts: 177
    I voted for aggressive drivers, but would have liked the option to have a pop at high earning tax evaders (personal and corporate) as a real and much more costly alternative to the largely mythical benefits scroungers.
  • Twisterboy
    Twisterboy Posts: 311
    Over aggresive drivers, got my vote!

The amount of people that can't wait or shoot over the roundabout at the end of my street as they can't be bothered to give way to you is shocking, twice I've nearly been knocked off my bike and they blame you!

David
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    You have one stone. Who do you hit squarely between the eyes?

Who, in your opinion, would the world be a better place without?

Lance?????
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    gb155 wrote:
    You have one stone. Who do you hit squarely between the eyes?

Who, in your opinion, would the world be a better place without?

Lance?????

Et tu, Gaz?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Or were you suprised to see Lance on the list?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Er I stoned a friend today, an accidence of course stone flick off my wheel cutting his shin :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tailwindhome
    2009-03-23.gif
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    White collar fraud and tax evasion costs the nation vastly more than unemployment benefit fraud. By a ridiculous scale.
  • EKE_38BPM
    White collar fraud and tax evasion costs the nation vastly more than unemployment benefit fraud. By a ridiculous scale.

But cutting down on White collar fraud and tax evasion would mean that politicians and law makers would have to prosecute their friends and peers. And that ain't gonna happen on a large scale.
    Also, its an invisible crime. You don't see lines of 'dole scum' queuing up outside the dole office to sign on.
    I'm sure lawyers and accountants see (legal) tax avoidance as a game to be played and they are rather good at it, which is easier as the referee is their 12th man.

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    RLJ'ers, my dislike for them is well known, they give the rest of us a bad name and give drivers an excuse to treat us like cannon fodder

Lance? Innocent until proven guilty. But either way, he's a pr1ck and not fit to lace Merckx's shoes.

And I'm a bit of a troll/apostrophe person

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • rick_chasey
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

But cutting down on White collar fraud and tax evasion would mean that politicians and law makers would have to prosecute their friends and peers. And that ain't gonna happen on a large scale.
    Also, its an invisible crime. You don't see lines of 'dole scum' queuing up outside the dole office to sign on.
    I'm sure lawyers and accountants see (legal) tax avoidance as a game to be played and they are rather good at it, which is easier as the referee is their 12th man.

It's not just that.

White collar crime is often 'grey' - using semi-legitimate means.

They're also often abstract - the odd zero or 9 on a spreadsheet doesn't quite have the same impact as someone sticking a knife in your face, nor is it remotely as visible. It's easier to spot a dole cheat than it is a white collar fraudster.

The police were happy enough to imprison a few MPs for fraud so I doubt that they would mind doing a few guys in finance.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    [Devils Advocate] Is a 'white collar fraudster' still not slightly better than a 'dole cheat' (assuming we are looking at the absolute genuine cheats here) on the basis that even though they may be cheating millions they are still at least contributing more than the dole cheat has done?[/Devils Advocate]
  • EKE_38BPM
    [Devils Advocate] Is a 'white collar fraudster' still not slightly better than a 'dole cheat' (assuming we are looking at the absolute genuine cheats here) on the basis that even though they may be cheating millions they are still at least contributing more than the dole cheat has done?[/Devils Advocate]

A person or a corporation not paying millions in tax often take their millions offshore so that they are in no way aiding the economy. A benefit cheat takes money they are not entitled to, but are much more likely to spend that money in the UK so it goes back into the system.

Did I answer your question? Not really sure.

• rick_chasey

By that logic, as long as you are not poor, you can get away with any tax evasion you like...
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299

By that logic, as long as you are not poor, you can get away with any tax evasion you like...

Initially, note the words in brackets (that isn't actually my view), secondly, I never said it was right, just they were still contributing more.

Look at it this way:

Rob A Scrounger doesn't work, doesn't look for a job, spends all his money on booze and fags. He has two kids and spends their goverment cash on drink and betting.

Overall contribution to the country = A litte bit of VAT
    Overall removed from the country = Some benefits.

Richie McDuck runs a large company with 50 employees. He avoids tax wherever possible. Despite earning £1million per year he pays tax on £50k per year. He avoids pretty much all corporation and employee tax.

Overall Contribution - Tax on £50k
    Overall Removed - Nothing technically removed however a very large amount avoided.

Overall, the dosser has 'cost' the country more.

(My personal view is the 'fat cat' is actually worse but this is a debate)
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968

Initially, note the words in brackets (that isn't actually my view), secondly, I never said it was right, just they were still contributing more.

Look at it this way:

Rob A Scrounger doesn't work, doesn't look for a job, spends all his money on booze and fags. He has two kids and spends their goverment cash on drink and betting.

Overall contribution to the country = A litte bit of VAT
    Overall removed from the country = Some benefits.

Richie McDuck runs a large company with 50 employees. He avoids tax wherever possible. Despite earning £1million per year he pays tax on £50k per year. He avoids pretty much all corporation and employee tax.

Overall Contribution - Tax on £50k
    Overall Removed - Nothing technically removed however a very large amount avoided.

Overall, the dosser has 'cost' the country more

(My personal view is the 'fat cat' is actually worse but this is a debate)
    If you ever get into an argument with the Revenue, you will know that they consider tax money belongs to them by right - it's not something you "give" to them, it was always "theirs" that you have "borrowed" in the course of doing business. By that logic, the fat cat has nicked more of the Revenue's money than the dole scrounger ever will.
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    I'm torn between David Cameron and Boris Johnson.
    Riding on 531
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Jeremy Beadle, twice
    FCN = 4