OT: What's your favourite cereal?

2»

Comments

• squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144
    CiB wrote:
    I am a big cereal lover, and I have gone through many phases of loving different ones.

The one that has always stuck by me, through thick and thin, as an excellent reliable option, was shreddies.
    Come come. Shreddies is just air-biscuits, devoid of pretty much everything except air & Scargill's left-over hair.

Sacrilege! Burn Him!
  • walkingbootweather
    walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
    edited June 2011
    I could murder a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes right now...

..... does that make me a cereal killer?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • They dont do them any more, can get them online tho. It has to be lucky charms
  • HTL
    HTL Posts: 23
    Shreddies with a load of honey on them. Good Times!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Plain Oats So Simple for me. with Honey or sugar.

although cereal of any kind at anytime of the day is a winner :D
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    CiB wrote:
    My breakfast usually consists of a bowl, about 6 inches in diameter and 3 inches deep, filled with a loan weetabix
    This isn't trolling, or being a Grammar Nazi (ok it is), but we buy our Weetabix on a permanent basis in our house. It just works better for us. YMMV.

Sorry. It just made me larf seeing that sentence. :)

In my experience weetabix are more of a temporary arrangement...particularly when accompanied by dried apricots
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Cornflakes with (bought separately) Tropical Fruit and nut (From Morrisons).

Covered with ice cold ORGANIC semi skimmed milk.

(Buy organic milk, read the research)

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    Golden syrup flavour Oat so Simple....and +1 on the organic milk, it's worth the extra few p
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Weetabix, bran flakes or corn flakes, but only if crushed to almost a powder. That said I've not had any breakfast cereal for about a year....
    Still breathing.....
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Another porridge eater here too. Love it with honey or syrup.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    ice cold milk and.............

coco_pops400x400.jpg

i dont generally have breakfast though to be honest or special occasion breakfast is "full english" in the Tavern on Allerton Road, Liverpool sweeeeet
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Halfway through a bowl of porridge topped with sunflower seeds, raisins and honey 8)
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Ready Brek, it gives me a warm orange glow.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Hi,
    Porridge with salt and occasionally a bit of cream.

Cheers,
    W.

PS Or Bran Flakes... I'll probably go back to those for a bit if summer arrives.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    currently enjoying oatibix flakes....again with a selection of dried fruits....

porridge in the winter....

i can't have coco pops in the house....the girlie has a bit of an addiction problem with chocolate flavour milk.....I have bought them...just never been quick enough to actually get to them before she has consumed the lot.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Weetabix x2 plus Muesli (from Lidl with added oats and bran 'cos it's too rich) then All-bran on top. Fill the bowl with cold milk then add dried apricots/dates/prunes and sultanas/raisins. Yes it does spill over.

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Aldi's equivilant of Wheetos, frosties and weetabix. And anything with those mini marsh mallows in.
  • RickyG
    RickyG Posts: 58
    Weetabix x3 with All Bran on top (to keep it crunchy) and raisins.
    Takes me about 15 minutes to get through all that. Keeps me regular though...
    Strava name: Richard Gawthorpe
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Weetabix for me. Three covered in fully skimmed milk and topped with sugar, bannana or rasins.

Having had skimmed milk forced on me as a child (mother was always on weightwatchers) anything else tastes like drinking cream!
  • raymc
    raymc Posts: 38
    Sugar free muesli, 2 x handfuls of pumpkin seeds, 1 x dried cranberries, 1 x chopped dried apricots, 1 x moist prunes, 1 x brazil nuts and sliced banana all washed in skimmed milk.

Takes some chewing I can tell you! :lol:

Followed by New York bagel lighted toasted, buttered and crunchy Sunpat peanut butter.

By the time you finished that, start planning for lunch :)
  • Honest reply- Honey Cheerios!

Realistically- whatever is on offer at the ASDA across the road (this is no recommendation of asda- other supermarkets are available!)

Currently on Frosted Shreddies. (£1 for 500 gram box)they are ok- better than the Chocolate version.
    The beatings, horsewhippings and torture will continue until performance improves to an acceptable level. This may take some time.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    I've just read this entire thread and now want to eat breakfast cereal until I puke :lol:

Agree on the Dorset Cereals - just so good, all of them, Mrs SS got me a variety pack of the little boxes, nomnomnomnom yummy

Mind you, you do get an achy jaw from all the chewing :shock:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    cereal rules. must say i've not had any of this dorset stuff, might have to go get myself some. agree with others, shreddies are a staple, though I do enjoy a good bowl of nestle clusters and before they disappeared a few years ago (seemingly to have come back again) golden grahmes
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    The best isn't necessarily what I eat.

Sadly i'm a most weight per pound spent man, so look for offers on substantial cerials which offer some alternative to utter blandness. i.e. rice crispies or corn flakes (why anyone likes these god knows?)

Else I do like ricicles, but that's purely psycological as I was never allowed them as a kid.
  • Currently well into Grape Nut Flakes
    http://www.postcereals.com/cereals/grap ... ?id=flakes
    Not that bad but bad enough for me
    Route1.jpg
  • Chris McG
    Chris McG Posts: 189
    Krave omnomnom :D
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Mornflake granola with natch yoghurt
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Tesco Value muesli, with added chopped walnuts, kiwi & banana

But if it didn't cost the earth, I'd be eating Acai with granola & sliced banana every day
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    CiB wrote:
    I am a big cereal lover, and I have gone through many phases of loving different ones.

The one that has always stuck by me, through thick and thin, as an excellent reliable option, was shreddies.
    Come come. Shreddies is just air-biscuits, devoid of pretty much everything except air & Scargill's left-over hair.

the scargill's hair comment leads me to believe that you are mixing up shredded wheat and shreddies....
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    AndyManc wrote:
    Cornflakes with (bought separately) Tropical Fruit and nut (From Morrisons).

Covered with ice cold ORGANIC semi skimmed milk.

(Buy organic milk, read the research)

Is it delivered by careful and considerate tanker drivers?