OT: What's your favourite cereal?

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
No, it's not a roadie-style "what's the one with the highest carb and protein content that enables you improve your PB by 0.01 seconds...", rather a simple taste test.

Starter for ten: I really like that "Oats and More", in fact, am eating some now, dry (ie no milk). Yummy.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Alpen.

Just is, always has been.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Porridge, after a shedload of raisins, sugar, honey and other sugary stuff has gone in.
    Also, needs to be more the consistency of soggy flapjack rather than wallpaper paste
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    dhope wrote:
    Porridge, after a shedload of raisins, sugar, honey and other sugary stuff has gone in.
    Also, needs to be more the consistency of soggy flapjack rather than wallpaper paste

Whereas I prefer porridge that you can not only stand the spoon up in, but you bring the bowl with you, if you forget :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    The spelt version of Dorset Cereals. YUM YUM YUM. Sometimes the only reason I get up in the mornings.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Mesa Sunrise.

Organic, Gluten Free and Wheat Free

Eaten not for the reasons above. Just very more-ish.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Sugar Puffs, shortly followed by Coco Pops.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • kelsen
    The spelt version of Dorset Cereals. YUM YUM YUM. Sometimes the only reason I get up in the mornings.

Ooh! Love that as well!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Got some of that at the weekend. omnomnom
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • kelsen
    Sketchley wrote:

Washed down with Sunny D, then a mid-morning snack of cola bottles?
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Sketchley wrote:

How soon after do you have to eat the Coco Pops?
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Dorset Cereals - Berries & Cherries
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited June 2011
    The best cereal ever conceived by Man is

A bowl of Ricicles drenched in ice cold milk....

tumblr_l8dgryrtTF1qdudv0o2_250.jpg

The bastard child of Frosties (also great) and Rice Krispies!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    Sketchley wrote:

How soon after do you have to eat the Coco Pops?
    quickly, before the feeling of shame takes over
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Has to be the simple Weetabix for me.

4 covered in whole milk so every bit of them is wet but then eaten before they lose all shape. Acompanied by a spoon of white sugar. Beautiful.

Omnomnomnomnom.
  • dhope
    Never tried Dorset Cereals, may have to...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Has to be the simple Weetabix for me.

4 covered in whole milk so every bit of them is wet but then eaten before they lose all shape. Acompanied by a spoon of white sugar. Beautiful.

Omnomnomnomnom.
    This. But only two for me, and sometimes with a bit of porridge sprinkled on top to add a bit of bulk.

A good wintry one is a bowl of cornflakes with milk on, microwave for 50 seconds then a bit of sugar on top. Awesome, and no need to waste energy chewing it, just pour it down the neck and get on with your day.
  • My breakfast usually consists of a bowl, about 6 inches in diameter and 3 inches deep, filled with a loan weetabix and covered with a big handful of crunchy nut cornflakes, topped with a dash of sun-dried rasins and thinly sliced stone-dried apricots watered down with a generous helping of semi-skimmed (or full-fat if the daughter's milk supply is in good shape).

Starts my day off a treat :D
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    20070212-weetbix750.jpg

Serve with milk and whatever fruit is to hand. Could go with Weetabix as a runner-up, but they come in those stupid tubes which get flakes all over the kitchen bench (grumble, grumble).
  • dm38
    dm38 Posts: 47
    Oats shortly followed by weetabix in any sort of combo (can't go wrong really) cold on it's own or with milk and a banana, with hot milk or a summer crunch - crush 'em up with strawberries or raspberries and yogurt.

However Rice Crispies with ice cold milk and a little sugar and consuming them before they go soggy or cornflakes with warm milk and a sprinkle of sugar provide that 'feel good factor/memory lane of childhood'.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,387
    Porridge with nuts and dried fruit is probably my favourite. With mashed banana is good too (discovered via trying to get the littl'un to eat it), but for everyday, it's 3 Weetabix and a handful of sultanas. As said, plenty of milk, but gobbled up before it goes to weetasludge.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • jermas
    jermas Posts: 484
    Jordans Nut and Seed Museli is very nice. In fact it's the only cereal I eat.
  • CiB
    My breakfast usually consists of a bowl, about 6 inches in diameter and 3 inches deep, filled with a loan weetabix
    This isn't trolling, or being a Grammar Nazi (ok it is), but we buy our Weetabix on a permanent basis in our house. It just works better for us. YMMV.

Sorry. It just made me larf seeing that sentence. :)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    :lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I am a big cereal lover, and I have gone through many phases of loving different ones.

The one that has always stuck by me, through thick and thin, as an excellent reliable option, was shreddies.
  • pastasauce
    pastasauce Posts: 221
    dhope wrote:

YES - thats just how I like it.

If its made as per the instructions its flippin horrible. Just like wallpaper paste.

All gloopy and lacking substance.

The only thing to ease the spoon should be the enormous dollop of syrup that goes in when cooked.
  • CiB
    I am a big cereal lover, and I have gone through many phases of loving different ones.

The one that has always stuck by me, through thick and thin, as an excellent reliable option, was shreddies.
    Come come. Shreddies is just air-biscuits, devoid of pretty much everything except air & Scargill's left-over hair.
  • squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144

Me too, always like to have one or two varieties in the cupboard but Shreddies have been my Old Faithful since I was 15 years old (so over 20 years now.....AAARGH!)