Ever have days when you just can't be bothered to ride?

2»

Comments

• Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    Only if it's hosing down...

Then again, my non-cycle route to work involves two forms of public transport and takes a third as long as my cycle. On the days where I don't cycle (because I'm out drinking that night etc) I end up frustrated.

In fact, I was thinking this morning that there's usually at least one point on every ride where I end up smiling and feeling a little like an 8-yr old going 'wheeeeeeeee!'
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    mudcow007 wrote:
    ahh i don't feel alone then

to be honest i think its just lack of sleep or crap weather, its absolutely just chucked it down here so im hoping it will be nice on the way back

i do kinda feel better once im on the bike but its getting out the door i feel reluctant, i will have a stern word with my self

Lack of sleap does it for me.

It doesn't help that I am not a morning person and leave the house at 6.

Every so often I get to bed really early.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Errr yeah. Getting up at 5 am and knowing that there's a 12 hour shift waiting for me can get a bit tedious sometimes. My day goes like this. Get up 5 am, on the bike at 5.30, in work for 6.00am. Shower, change, breakfast and ready for start of shift at 7.00am. On the fourth day of a four day week, it takes every bit of will power I have to get on the bike.
  • supertwisted
    supertwisted Posts: 565
    At this very moment I don't think I can face getting on the bike, however since I'm at work and it's my only way of getting home I reckon I'll overcome it.

Truly knackered this week, not long back to commuting by bike and its taking it's toll.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • dugliss
    dugliss Posts: 235
    It`s definitely a tiredness thing, I get up at 4.45 and out by 5 to get in for about 5.45 so every morning is like you say, especially when I could drive in in 15 mins. I`m glad I`ve done it once I`m on the bike, like you say, but it`s a battle of wills all the time. Also doesn`t help if you have a physical job rather than sitting at a desk trawling online forums all day :roll: