New Yeti - curious suspension design.

2»

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    you say that but the design on alot of all mountain bike is based around the pro pedal, horrible bob without it and need to switch it on to climb, I know this is ceratainly the case, on some of the previous marins and definately the case on mine.

Half the frame designs out there are the same is also what i'm trying to get at :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Half the frame designs out there are the same is also what i'm trying to get at :)
    No they're not. They're fundamentally the same mechanics, but it's the subtle differences between them that are important.
    You are right in one respect thoguh, there's a hell of a lot of frames that DO depend on Pro-Pedal and the like, but that's because either the designer couldn't find a good solid design, or that they want to broaden the usability of the bike to the riders that don't fall into the perfect match with the bike.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Indeed, My bike falls into that, bobs like a bugger with out, but coming down haven't ridden a single air rig that comes close :)
  • Anonymous
    you say that but the design on alot of all mountain bike is based around the pro pedal, horrible bob without it and need to switch it on to climb, I know this is ceratainly the case, on some of the previous marins and definitely the case on mine.

I find with my I-Drive pro-pedal makes very little difference as the I-Drive is doing the work of killing Bob.

I suspect if I go to a single pivot bike I'll suddenly start to realise how big an issue Bob is.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    But depends where the pivot is located!

This is the whole thing: twin links and four bars are not some holy grail that stop pedal feedback and bob. The pivot locations and axle paths are key.

What a four bar can do though is vary the pivot location (virtual) throughout the stroke. But again depends on how is done.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,684
    Yeti have put out quite a few graphs that don't mean a whole lot to me, but I live less than 2 miles from a Yeti dealer so will have to drop in and see if/when they are getting a test bike in and try to get a weekend test ride :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    my rear end is over active

Yeah...

Anyway FSR works for me, propedal isn't too much of a stress to keep switching on and on.
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Whats that shock with the coffee coloured parts? Is it a new Fox Float?

Looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • Yeti Baz
    Yeti Baz Posts: 64
    Shall let you all know how it rides when I get mine! Yep I took the plunge and ordered one on Friday to replace my current 575 as was in the market for something a bit different and new, this fitted the bill and so i've gone for it.......
  • Anonymous
    Without even trying it? Dude you got balls!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,684
    I phoned my local Yeti dealer - they will have a demo SB-66 once the first shipments arrive and they can build one up, probably end of July or August. So I'm going take it out for a day or 2 and see what all the hype is about :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Is that the rail system? I've never had a good close look at it.
    it works very nicely and the newer ones have one rail compared to 2 before and the newest one(the team yellow and turquoise) has it running on the seat tube

it requires more servicing but it's not even that hard to do