Problem with bad back and using my hardtail....help

2»

Comments

• Fudgie
    Fudgie Posts: 68
    I'd support the move to full suss. I'm a few years older than you and have been increasingly plagued by back pain caused by age deterioration and an old spinal injury. The discs just wear out and there's nothing you can do about it.

After years of arguing the case for hardtails I took the plunge to full suss a few months back and was an instant convert. I ride mainly natural trails - not too extreme - but my hardtail rides were usually curtailed by backache. My FS rides are only limited by the amount of food and water I can carry!

The FS will soon pay for itself in saved osteopath bills! And you can relax and enjoy riding again.
    Canyon Nerve XC 8.0 2011
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fudgie wrote:
    After years of arguing the case for hardtails I took the plunge to full suss a few months back and was an instant convert.
    :roll:
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    Fudgie wrote:
    After years of arguing the case for hardtails I took the plunge to full suss a few months back and was an instant convert.

What do the rolling eyes signify in this case?
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    Barely disguised disgust.
    :lol:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    NozzaC wrote:
    Fudgie wrote:

I'm guessing the fact that you were arguing that hardtails were better for years without having ridden one, then instantly changing sides the instant you actually did.
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    NozzaC wrote:
    Fudgie wrote:

I'm guessing the fact that you were arguing that hardtails were better for years without having ridden one, then instantly changing sides the instant you actually did.

Not me.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    NozzaC wrote:
    NozzaC wrote:
    Fudgie wrote:

Not me.
    I know you we're quoting someone else, but you asked a question and i'm answering it on his and your behalf.
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    We checked out the blue last weekend, as a potential place to take new riders, and they're not even the size of kerb stones, they're about 3 inches, tops.
    Something is definitely not right.

Hi Yee,

Your right. I went back today and rode the blue again, and those drop offs are only around 3" high :oops:

I think I will have to start looking around eBay for a second hand full suss frame....
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!