Training Time or Distance

amaferanga
amaferanga Posts: 6,789
10-12 hours of structured, focused riding with 1 or 2 races a week. Very few aimless miles.

With the exception of some chain gangs, rides with others generally are crap training IMO.
More problems but still living....

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    1hr intervals tues & thurs, club ride sunday, 10 mile round commute mon-fri, some other stuff when i feel like it. no structure or measurement although that will change soon
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Depends on what your training for or to maintain fitness.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    My hours will range from 4 hours a week to well over 20 hours, it all depends on what racing I have planned in the future, and how many spare hours I have. My training is heavily structured however and planned by my coach.

All those hours are quality hours however, and virtually every one of them will be solo. All done with a powermeter.

Racing hours again depend on what stage of the season it is, but anywhere from 20 mins a week to over 4 hours a week. Once a year that will go up to 12 hours, though that is a specific event. I don't race every week however.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    Probably around 10-12 hours, with 3 turbo sessions per week and a longer ride on the weekend.
  • I am not a racer
    However I am hoping to finish the Alpe D'Huez Etape in a few weeks

I ride 2-3 times a week for a total of approx 8h on a good week
    I dont have a turbo

I do have a busy job and a young family and often feel that Im pushing my luck as much as I comfortably can

Cheers