Pasteys new banshee viento hardtail build .

Comments

• pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    ok ive ordered a few finishing touches :wink: got an on-one gold cnc stem on the way which is less than half the weight of the x-lite one fitted along with a set of red steel stem bolts to replace the plain stainless ones. also got a new bashguard coming from the states, a fancy polished machined jobby that is 32t specific, the carbon one i have fitted is 36-38t. if i feel i need a bigger ring than the 32t i do have a 36t saint ring lying around so i could stick the carbon bash back on at a later date. still waiting on the red steel brake caliper bolts to arrive also. oh i also fitted a pair of gizmo cnc'd silver/gold barend plugs. pics to follow
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    erm, interesting looking machine
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    He'll have multi-coloured i-links and assorted bits of anodizing on bar caps, various bolts, jockey wheels etc within a week.

:wink:

pastey_boy wrote:
    ok ive ordered a few finishing touches :wink: got an on-one gold cnc stem on the way which is less than half the weight of the x-lite one fitted along with a set of red steel stem bolts to replace the plain stainless ones. also got a new bashguard coming from the states, a fancy polished machined jobby that is 32t specific, the carbon one i have fitted is 36-38t. if i feel i need a bigger ring than the 32t i do have a 36t saint ring lying around so i could stick the carbon bash back on at a later date. still waiting on the red steel brake caliper bolts to arrive also. oh i also fitted a pair of gizmo cnc'd silver/gold barend plugs. pics to follow

ahem
  • pastey_boy
    leaflite wrote:
    He'll have multi-coloured i-links and assorted bits of anodizing on bar caps, various bolts, jockey wheels etc within a week.

:wink:

pastey_boy wrote:

ahem
    what can i say ??? i have a serious problem ha ha
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    ok here are my latest additions, got a new bash from the states and ive stuck a dual ring specific slx front mech on which suits the bash. also got the shimano xt floating 6 bolt rotors in place and a set of trick looking red steel caliper bolts. ive replaced the 50mm chromag stem with a 80mm on-one cnc stemto give the bike a more do it all feel, the chromag felt great going down but made climbing a bit of a chore, the new stem still feels ok on the downs but a lot better when climbing. ihave replace the kcnc foam grips with a set of superstar excels as i was struggling with hand space as i have fairly big hands. ive got to say the superstars are the best grip ive ever used as they seem tailor made for big hands. the extra size meant my hands didnt get tired and i felt i had a better grip on the front end.
    IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0231.jpg
    IMAG0232.jpg
    IMAG0233.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0235.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0237.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what the hell is that tacky gold thing in the chainset axle? :?
  • pastey_boy
    what the hell is that tacky gold thing in the chainset axle? :?
    its an expanding cap, i keep a pork sausage inserted in the axle in case i get stranded, the gold cap stops any oil or soil ruining the sausage. if you want one then head to www.sausage-cap.co.ck
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    other than the hidious gold stem, that gheeyyy gold bolt on the cranks that looks pretty damn good :lol:
  • J273
    J273 Posts: 382
    Very nice....Where did you get your rotor bolts and caliper bolts?

Thanks
  • pastey_boy
    J273 wrote:
    Very nice....Where did you get your rotor bolts and caliper bolts?

Thanks
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bi-King-AMOEBA-Di ... 2564b3895d
    and
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bike-high-carbon- ... 19c0f4b9d2
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • J273
    Thanks

Getting me some of them:)
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Each to their own I guess.

Whats your 'dream FS' build?
  • pastey_boy
    Briggo wrote:
    Each to their own I guess.

Whats your 'dream FS' build?
    my dream build consists of a naked carbon ibis mojo slr frame with red linkages coupled with a set of dt swiss 150mm red/blk carbon forks, easton haven carbon wheels, raceface sixc chainset, sram xx transmission, formula the one brakeset, ksi950 remote post, easton haven finishing gear and other bits to be decided. but if im honest im thinking of not bothering as i swap bikes with silly regularity, everytime i go full suss i always end up back on a hardtail. i will probably go with my original plan of building a long forked ti hardtail
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • J273
    Ive just orderd some of those bolts - think i got carried away and ended up buying stem bolts / valve caps / crank-rotor-caliper bolts :oops:

Just a thought they are steel bolts aren't they not weak aluminium?

Thanks
  • pastey_boy
    yes they are steel , i wouldnt risk alu caliper bolts on a set of saints or any brake for that matter. im waiting on the stem bolts.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    as there was nothing on tv i put a few new bits on my bike. ive taken the xtr spd's off and stuck a pair of powerplay x-play platforms on as i want to practice some jumping and other looning around. ive put fancy red pins in the pedals and some titanium endcaps. also put some wider handlebars on, a pair of answer pro taper 720am's in red. also stuck the chromag stem back on but fitted it with red face clamp bolts. ive swapped the lurid gold seat clamp for a kcnc red one with a gold bolt. and finally, after twisting my chain at llandegla on sun i have swapped it for a wipperman connex brass coated chain. pics when its a bit brighter.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    IMAG0247.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0249.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    The chainset is a hideous abomination. The stem is actually making me want to vomit. The little bits of gold dotted around BB, spacers, grips etc look terrible.

Other than that though, it's starting to look nice. :lol:
  • pastey_boy
    The chainset is a hideous abomination. The stem is actually making me want to vomit. The little bits of gold dotted around BB, spacers, grips etc look terrible.

Other than that though, it's starting to look nice. :lol:
    coming from a bloke who confided in me that he fancies lilly savage i guess thats a compliment :wink:
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • cat_with_no_tail
    I never said Lilly Savage, I said "your mum". Although I can see where you'd draw the similarities.

:lol:
  • pastey_boy
    I never said Lilly Savage, I said "your mum". Although I can see where you'd draw the similarities.

:lol:
    my mother passed away last year.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • cat_with_no_tail
    So at this point then Lilly Savage probably looks better.
  • pastey_boy
    brush the maggots off my mum and she's good to go
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    All looks nice...but when you going to stop fannying about pimping it and actually get out and get some muck on it...
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • pastey_boy
    Pudseyp wrote:
    All looks nice...but when you going to stop fannying about pimping it and actually get out and get some muck on it...
    i regularly get it dirty, i just as regularly clean my bikes though as i usually only use parts for a few weeks before i sell them so its best to keep them in good order. i also polish my bikes with silicone spray and it helps to stop mud sticking whilst making them shiney as fook
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • jb-redbull
    jb-redbull Posts: 60
    Like them red bars mate they go well I will pop round to see them in the flesh so to speak
    enigma echo
    giant trance x
  • pastey_boy
    got a special new bit coming for the bike on sat. should improve the bike lots. should be some pic late on saturday if i have time.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    after going for a ride around rivington piike last week, a few passers by commented that a funny smell was coming from my bike, one hiker likened the stench to a ducks armpit. upon returning home i set about the task of sniffing every single component on my bike only to find it was the frame that was emitting the putrid odour. now i know us mountain bikers can get sweaty and niff a bit at the end of a hot ride but a ducks armpit is where i draw the line so i changed my banshee's frame to a lynskey ridgeline lt, a frame well know for smelling like keira knightleys ar5e crease. now i can ride my banshee without anymore shame or sideways glances. of all the changes ive made to my banshee this has to be the wisest.
    IMAG0269.jpg
    IMAG0275.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0281.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • cat_with_no_tail
    get rid of that awful gold cap and bashring on the cranks, swap that awful stem for something silver and you're good to go.

Much nicer looking frame too

:wink: .
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I definately think the "raw" frame makes it look better. Just hope it doesnt crack like all other lynskeys seem to.