llandegla

grant43
grant43 Posts: 170
edited June 2011 in Routes
hi i live near lee quarry but fancy a change so im thinking of going to llandegla was just wondering what its like ive heard its fantastic just wondering how challenging it is any advice would be appreciated thanks.
keep smiling no matter how much it hurts,commencal ramones 1 loving it lol

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's not particular challening when taken at face value - everything is rollable, the surface is nice and smooth, there's no big drops.
    So, it's great for novice riders.
    However, once you start giving it some welly, and attacking it at speed, then it becomes a great thrash even for expert bikers. There's a lot of great bermed sections where the only speed limit is the size of your cahonies, for example.
    Definitely good fun.

There's also a new freeride area there, but I didn't have time to check it out last time, unfortunately.
  • grant43
    cheers gonna try and get there saturday dont think this bike of mine knows how to go slow so ill be hanging on a bit cant wait thanks mate just fancy a change from lee and cragg up there all the time
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    It's not particular challening when taken at face value - everything is rollable, the surface is nice and smooth, there's no big drops.
    However, once you start giving it some welly, and attacking it at speed, then it becomes a great thrash even for expert bikers. There's a lot of great bermed sections where the only speed limit is the size of your cahonies, for example.
    Definitely good fun.

There's also a new freeride area there, but I didn't have time to check it out last time, unfortunately.

I almost died the one time i rode the new area, i went full throttle and stacked it on the 2nd tabletop after the bridge.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    Definitely good fun.

Absolutely this ^^

although a lot of people slate it saying theres no way its a black etc, it is without a doubt the most fun centre Ive been to. Its all about speed at degla, and the faster you go the more fun it becomes. Definately try the new black (parallel universe), its a great addition. Probably worth having a look at one of the old Llandegla posts to find out where it is, as it isnt that obvious.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Good fun, not too long and its all rollable for a novice.

The carpark and caff does get a bit infested with know it all knobheads who will tell you how they cleaned the triple black diamond with skulls run at Whistler and will tell you in great detail whats wrong with your bike. They are at every trail centre though so just ignore for they are full of bullshit and can usually be found in a sweaty heap halfway up a climb.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • dan shard
    stubs wrote:

infested with know it all knobheads who will tell you how they cleaned the triple black diamond with skulls run at Whistler and will tell you in great detail whats wrong with your bike. They are at every trail centre though so just ignore for they are full of bullshit and can usually be found in a sweaty heap halfway up a climb.

Sounds like this place :D
  • Anonymous
    stubs wrote:
    The carpark and caff does get a bit infested with know it all knobheads who will tell you how they cleaned the triple black diamond with skulls run at Whistler and will tell you in great detail whats wrong with your bike. They are at every trail centre though so just ignore for they are full of bullshit and can usually be found in a sweaty heap halfway up a climb.
    Oh, YOU were the weirdo getting annoyed at everyone, when the annual Whistler Skull survivor convention met up at llandegla then?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    How is the new stuff?

My disapointment before was the 2 blacks were great you could wrinse them hard and get wicked air, but the rest of the trail was jack, 20K ride with 4k of goodness, i just could never be arsed to cycle the rest much lol.
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    How is the new stuff?

Something for you to rinse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWcs_7R8y1c&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK1NXBWUkT0

And have you done parallel universe?
  • dan shard
    stubs wrote:
    Oh, YOU were the weirdo getting annoyed at everyone, when the annual Whistler Skull survivor convention met up at llandegla then?
    :lol: Glol
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Llandegla is brill, I can do all of it, I usually wimp out on stuff being a proper big girl lol ......going on Saturday for my birthday treat :D

Caz xx
  • stubs
    stubs wrote:

LOL yes I had to wear my wellies to wade through all the bullshit :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • grant43
    ok thanks looking forward to it how fars the nearest a &e lol
  • stubs
    Wrexham A&E is just over the hill and all the ambulance and helicopter crews know the way :lol:

A few years ago there was a berm with a step down into it that caught out a lot of people unawares, thats gone now and most of it is pretty safe if you remember its not knitting and the scenery can bite.
  • grant43
    yes know all about that had a big off at lee quarry anyway thanks for the advice bring it on
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i should be there next tuesday evening if anyone wants to show me around? :D
  • Clark3y
    Clark3y Posts: 129
    Wrexham A&E are cowboys IME, was months until I was fully better after a visit to them following a bad face plant on the freeride area (retarded yes I know). Never bothered to give me antibiotics and was left riddled with infection. They also didn't recognise I had broken a finger despite me complaining about it.
    They need to get their act together tbh.
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    Clark3y wrote:
    Wrexham A&E are cowboys IME, was months until I was fully better after a visit to them following a bad face plant on the freeride area (retarded yes I know). Never bothered to give me antibiotics and was left riddled with infection. They also didn't recognise I had broken a finger despite me complaining about it.

Perhaps standards are slipping everywhere.

I'm Currently unable to straighten my little finger due to Mallet finger (a torn tendon).

I waited 8 hours to be seen by a doctor in A&E, not Wrexham. They also failed to diagnose the problem despite the fact I was unable to straighten it.

I finally diagnosed the problem myself after waiting nearly 5 weeks for it to repair without success.

I now have to make an appointment with my doctor in order to get referred back to the hospital. If mallet finger is diagnosed and I'm certain it will be, it could mean 6 - 8 weeks in a splint on top of the 5 weeks that I've already wasted, great!

@Welshkev

I would of done if my finger had been OK
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    Clark3y wrote:

:roll: they dont just dole out antibiotics like sweeities anymore for a good reason.

nothing but good things to say about the staff (not so sure about the PCT); been in 3 times with the wife (severe allurgic reaction) and the kid (burn and reaction to medication) this last year and found them proffesional, curteous and efficient.
  • dan shard
    grant43 wrote:

Theres usually an ambulance in the car park stitching something back on to someone so you dont need to worry too much about directions.

Last time I went there, there was an ambulance driving out as I pulled into th carpark, we went round the red and came back to the cafe for lunch and a paramedic was there and just getting ready to drive away. Then did the black run, came back and another ambulance was there.

3 in a day lol
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    dan shard wrote:
    grant43 wrote:

Theres usually an ambulance in the car park stitching something back on to someone so you dont need to worry too much about directions.

Last time I went there, there was an ambulance driving out as I pulled into th carpark, we went round the red and came back to the cafe for lunch and a paramedic was there and just getting ready to drive away. Then did the black run, came back and another ambulance was there.

3 in a day lol

one of the down sides of making mountain biking more accessable imo :?
  • Clark3y
    tsenior wrote:
    Clark3y wrote:

:roll: they dont just dole out antibiotics like sweeities anymore for a good reason.

I'm sure they don't, they probably should when you're in with a very deep cut, shit they didn't even wash it out.
    Far be it from me to say what they should and shouldn't do, but my GP found it quite ridiculous. He fixed me up properly so I'm inclined to agree with him.
  • tsenior
    that is really poor and you should make a formal complaint then.

or perhaps you would rather do it through an anomynous forum so you dont have to substantiate your claims
  • Clark3y
    tsenior wrote:

or perhaps you would rather do it through an anomynous forum so you dont have to substantiate your claims

Whats your fucking problem asshole? Maybe I did make a complaint, and maybe you should consider that before accusing me of making it up.
  • Anonymous
    Clark3y wrote:
    tsenior wrote:

Whats your ******* problem asshole? Maybe I did make a complaint, and maybe you should consider that before accusing me of making it up.
    Touchy, aren't you? Seems he hit a nerve for whatever reason.
  • Clark3y
    Clark3y wrote:
    tsenior wrote:

Whats your ******* problem asshole? Maybe I did make a complaint, and maybe you should consider that before accusing me of making it up.
    Touchy, aren't you? Seems he hit a nerve for whatever reason.

Not really, I just state that I had a bad experience there. Why has this guy got such a problem with that that he will even accuse me of making it up. I'm not the one with a problem here.
  • Anonymous
    He didn't though, did he?
  • tsenior
    quite: i dont know whether you are lying or not. All i am saying is that a health professional taking the time to dress a wound but not cleaning it sounds....well.....unlikely.

and that this:

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rights ... aints.aspx

would be a more logical place to seek redress than bikeradar.

and for balance: i found the staff at wxm a&e to be excellent on the several occasiona i have had family in there.
  • Clark3y
    He implied that I wouldn't be able to substantiate my claims. What possible other interpretations are there of that.
  • Anonymous
    Clark3y wrote:
    He implied that I wouldn't be able to substantiate my claims. What possible other interpretations are there of that.
    :roll:
    No, he suggested that maybe you'd like to make a formal complaint in a more anonymous manner.
    But the angrier you get, the less inclined we are to believe you.