2»

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    nice yeeha... who were they?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sian and Dafydd, who kick started the whole "trail centres" thing.
    Lovely people, really friendly, properly down to earth, and they even remember the old faces from years gone past.
    Absolute legends - and in a ture, literal, "they WILL go down in history as legends" sense of the word.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    birthday hangover, miss k made me drink a bottle of wine in 2 minutes :shock:

I feel like shite!

fact
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Sian and Dafydd,

never heard of 'em.
  • Anonymous
    Sian and Dafydd,

never heard of 'em.
    They're the ones who set up, opened, and ran Coed y Brenin - the first of it's kind.
  • joshtp
    Lovely people, really friendly, properly down to earth, and they even remember the old faces from years gone past.
    Absolute legends - and in a ture, literal, "they WILL go down in history as legends" sense of the word.

Ah... awesome... they truly are legends... nice you got have a chat.... Dafydd is such a solid type of guy from what I hear...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    Sian is great too, she's just one of those bubbly, friendly, giggly people that you cannot help but like - I've seen her occasionally around Betws y Coed, and she always comes and says hello, even though I don't think they ever actually knew my name, they just remember my face from the early days!
    Dafydd, he's a great bloke, really friendly and enthusiastic. It was great to see him again, since I reckon the last time was in around 2001 or so :shock:

They're one of the reasons I REALLY got into mountain biking all those years ago, and frankly without them popularising the sport, most of the people on here would not even know what a mountain bike is.
  • joshtp
    Yeah... people like that dont get enough recognition... There's a guy around here... Bils... Done more for local riding than anyone/anything else... top chap!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    it rained here this afternoon, as soon as i got home! that sucks
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690

i had the pleasure of meeting them at coed y brenin in around 1995..great people.

he even told me to watch out for a section of trail which was notorious for throwing people over the bars..and when i got there guess what...i got thrown over the bars :lol:

and i snapped the clamp on my seat post on teh same trip and he fixed it for me for free...great people 8)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Ouch well that was good. One stray puck did catch me on the inside of my arm which should bruise nicely (pics tomorrow) but all in, a good training debut.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    DSC_0078-1.jpg

Lets see how it goes in the morning!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    2 more days work then 5 off.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown