Frustrating knee injury

I Hav been training solid for a 200k sportive all year including over winter so feel I Hav put in the work to get thru it but the last two weeks I have a niggling knee. I have to curttail the training for last two weeks. I'm just hoping it goes away.

Note: not looking for any medical advise just airing my frustration

Anybody else suffering any form of injury coming up to a big spin I Hav bought a nice new jersey for the event the other day so still optimistic in doing it. It kind of sore but can still peddle away. The cycle is on de 12th of June and dunno whether to stay of the bike till then and hope for the best on the day or continue with my training and suffer the pain.

Any ideas

Comments

• Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

Have you looked at maybe saddle height or cleat positioning?

I can definitely see how this can be frustrating. Your preparation should be enough to have a sedentary lead-up to the event just try and take it easy ticking your final training outings to a minimal amount of exertion.
  • I actually just re adjusted cleats last week but the left was off square but the right knee is sore. I dunno. Think I'm putting it down to "one if those things"