what hobbies have you got?

13»

Comments

• Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Cycling is a given seeing as we are all on a cycle forum. :roll:

Until recently i kept tropical fish,Mbuna and Tangs mainly,but over the years have kept a wide variety of fish.

I like reading,though i tend to have spells when i dont read at all then go through a few months and read book after book.

I like my greenhouse and grow the usual veggies and toms,not exactly a hobby but an interest.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • got a VWT4 with a homebrew camper conversion, and ol' MGB thats been in peices for years and enjoy photography, camping and playing guitar. Also into retro/vintage stuff - cars, motorbikes, pinstriping etc.
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I gamble as a hobby. Play poker and the like, as well as other board and card games, chess, backgammon, shoot pontoon and cribbage being favourites.

basically anything that involves money...

... no wonder I dont have any.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    oh i can now add motorbikes to my current list of hobbys

rebuilt an early 1980's Honda CG

an in the process of a rebuild a Suzuki Bandit
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Studying an MBA from Heriot Watt (allegiably for fun)

Starting training for a 70.3. So practically learning to swim properly in open water
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    stu-bim wrote:
    Studying an MBA from Heriot Watt (allegiably for fun)

Starting training for a 70.3. So practically learning to swim properly in open water

And having a go at Crossfit
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Dogging

Anything car related, tbh.

say what?! :shock:
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Was thinking of buying a Lotus Elise for fun but can't really see myself using it much. Got 2 cars at the moment (we need 1.2 cars) and just use them to get from A-B.

Time is what I need, time. Time to ride, time to run, time to garden, time to DIY, time to drink wine (always find time for that).

Oh and a tandem, to save waiting for SWMBO at the top of the hills. Anyone know of a nice tandem for sale?
  • DIY - Always plenty of stuff to be doing around the house/garden.

Also restoring an 84' Honda CR500, got a nice big field behind the house i can test it out on, once i'm done. :lol:
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Kitesurfing - sacrilege I know but I prefer this to cycling!
    Surfing - likewise on the very rare times I get good conditions.
    Skiing - especially touring
    Snowboarding - resort powder days.
    Rowing very occasionally
    Running (offroad only) occasionally
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    Another sailor here. Dinghy sailing a Fireball and yacht racing in a J-105. Fun but yes expensive. Had a few of my own boats but I just now crew for other people, much cheaper and easier!

Other than that:

Road and MTB biking (more road these days, which I though would never happen!)
    Recurve Archery when I find time (which is becoming increasingly hard)
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    I suppose you could say cycling is my main hobby, but apart from that I tinker with motorcycles, an ancient GSXR1100 streetfighter thing, a Bandit 750 import and I've just picked up a 1987 XT600 Tenere. The GSXR has been SORNed since 2004 but the Bandit and XT are both legal, although I don't ride them that often.

Between the missus and myself, we have 5 cats, so keeping them from trashing the house is a hard job at times. :roll:
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Trapeze :-)
  • W12_Lad
    W12_Lad Posts: 184
    Football for fun/fitness - retired, too hard on the joints
    Football spectating - season ticket holder
    Squash - club level - fell out of it, haven't played for >10 years
    Running (for fitness) - retired through getting old/ too many injuries
    Raving - semi retired - young family....
    Motorcycle stunting - retired - lost bottle when people started being jailed for just speeding with no previous.

I've found cycling and am now obsessed. Ok on my joints and I can really push myself again which is amazing.
  • Here goes, usually raises few eyebrows.

Gundog training, hoping to test and trials next year
    Latin and ballroom dancing
    Reading
    Power kite flying
    Sailing, once yearly usually Round the Island
    Real ales and fine Reds

Used to keep marine fish and corals but a power cut killed my stock and left me devastated.
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Agent57 wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    First-person shooters. Mostly Team Fortress 2 at the moment.

Passed a milestone this weekend:

1000hours.png

Blimey, I'm a primeval warrior (and only 170) but that is silly hours... :D

I'm on 1597 hours now. \o/

By the way, I assume that was you on UKCS #3 last night. Didn't recognise the name, but there can't be many people who would know I'm Agent57 on Bikeradar. If it wasn't you, I have a stalker! :shock:

More than a year later, I'm still none the wiser. But he seems friendly enough. :D

Only a few hours to play until I hit 2000. I might buy a cake.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • my hobbies are playing guitar and cooking and sleeping and now i recently started working at purifier shop where you can get every kind of air purifier like for your living room, for your car, home, even thou for your bathroom soo im having life full of fun xdd :lalala:
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I do a bit of travel / wildlife photography and maintain my own blog and guide of places to visit in the UK and overseas. Obviously this year, the bog is very under-populated!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Well, now that I'm newly single and in tier 3 w*nking seems to be quite apt, if that counts.
    Apart from that paddleboarding, windsurfing, kayaking and getting out in the hills either walking or MTBing keeps me sane.
    Umming and ahhing about getting my race licence post pandemic and going racing motorbikes again, but fears at being far too slow and wobbling around at the back of the pack might put a stop to that.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    elbowloh said:

I do a bit of travel / wildlife photography and maintain my own blog and guide of places to visit in the UK and overseas. Obviously this year, the bog is very under-populated!

I do like an unintentional funny. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    reading 9 year old threads that have been resurrected.......

• Getting this things running again.
    And could equally have posted this when the thread was started!
  • umm my hobby is to sleep for svrl hours lol and i love to play my fav game ie warframe because it have characters or we can say enemies like monster having huge huge horns on their heads and 450+ different weapons with many combinations omggs im lovin it <3<3<3