I ♥ Contador

Chung Mee
Chung Mee Posts: 48
edited June 2011 in Pro race
I ♥ Contador

He's not only brilliant, athletic, dances uphill, but is also very sexy and calm under pressure. Unless he falls off his bike and hurts himself badly he's won the Giro tomorrow and I for one am looking forward to seeing him beat all the opposition and WIN another Tour this year.

Go Alberto! Beat them all again! You're the BEST.

8)

I can't be the only Contador fan out there.

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Chung Mee, may I introduce you to frenchie............
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    if he wasn't spanish he wouldn't even be in the race......
  • Chung Mee
    Tusher wrote:
    Chung Mee, may I introduce you to frenchie............

Go ahead, who is frenchie? :D
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    frenchfigher, master of photography and admirer of Senor Contador.
    He'll not be far away.
  • Chung Mee

Whatever that's supposed to mean, I'm glad he's got Armstrong off his back.

Anyone who thinks LA is a noble heroic athlete who won 7 Tours on milk and vegetables simply has not done enough research IMHO.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Chung Mee wrote:

Whatever that's supposed to mean, I'm glad he's got Armstrong off his back.

Anyone who thinks LA is a noble heroic athlete who won 7 Tours on milk and vegetables simply has not done enough research IMHO.

It means if his National Federation did their job properly, he would be banned.

Anyone who thinks the clenbuterol positive doesn't deserve a ban has simply not done enough research IMHO :twisted:
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Chung Mee wrote:

And anyone who thinks Bertie won this Giro on milk and vegetables also needs to do a bit of research.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,761
    Chung Mee wrote:
    He's not only brilliant, athletic, dances uphill, but is also very sexy and calm under pressure. .

Yep to all that except 'sexy'.

Sean Kelly is sexy :wink:
  • Chung Mee
    iainf72 wrote:
    Chung Mee wrote:

And anyone who thinks Bertie won this Giro on milk and vegetables also needs to do a bit of research.

I was expecting responses like this.

The way I see it - having done a lot of research - is that Of Course! LA took drugs to get those Tour victories over seven years - to think otherwise would be stupidly naive and living in fairyland. He has never tested positive? That only means that either he found a way around the tests, or bribed people, or since he's extremely wealthy and extremely litigious, he sued them to silence. I'm glad the Feds are on to him at long last.

Is AC also on drugs somehow? It's possible. In that case it's also possible that all the GC contendors are also on drugs somehow. These grand tours are so punishing I don't see how anyone can win them on milk and vegetables unless they are all on milk and vegetables (and who says milk and veg cannot contain "banned substances"?)

With Alberto, I like his riding style, looks, calm under pressure (unlike LA's famous "look of death" and bullying his domestiques) and he is way, way, more sexy.
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    I like your style of thinking. Lance's 7 GTs? of course he took drugs! Alberto's 5 (now 6, winning by a 5 minute margin) GTs? MAYBE he took drugs.

:lol: gotta love the blinkers on some people.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    anatomy-of-an-internet-troll-14628-1280370547-17.jpg
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    fair one ^
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Pokerface wrote:
    anatomy-of-an-internet-troll-14628-1280370547-17.jpg

+1 obvious troll. Don't feed it.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The OP is not offensive or doing anything wrong so you shouldnt be disparaging. If you dont agree simply dont post.

610x-13-1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Chung Mee
    The OP is not offensive or doing anything wrong so you shouldnt be disparaging. If you dont agree simply dont post.

Thanks frenchfighter.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Having done a lot of research you said ??? - Are you still trying to find out who the Irishman on Eurosport is ? :D
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Don't let the bullies here bother you, we are all free to like which ever rider, no matter
    if they are/were doped or not.

What I like about him, is how he races to win, every time he shows up to a race.
    He has done that the past 3 years, instead of slagging on and using races as a training.

And, no, you are not the only Contador fan here. :) Count me in too.
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    Go Bertie, go

Andy hangovers is shiting his pants for a new Tour's defeat!
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Arkibal wrote:
    Don't let the bullies here bother you, we are all free to like which ever rider, no matter
    if they are/were doped or not.

What I like about him, is how he races to win, every time he shows up to a race.
    He has done that the past 3 years, instead of slagging on and using races as a training.

And, no, you are not the only Contador fan here. :) Count me in too.

+1. He doubtlessly dopes, but then again he's a professional cyclist - it's part of the job description. But the way he rides entertains me, which is what it's all about.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227

610x-13-1.jpg

FF finds a friend!!!!! :wink:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:

Surely no-one under the amount of scrutiny that he's under would be stupid enough to continue to use drugs?
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Surely no-one under the amount of scrutiny that he's under would be stupid enough to continue to use drugs?
    ... without due care and attention (usually).
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    iainf72 wrote:

:lol:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    The OP is not offensive or doing anything wrong so you shouldnt be disparaging.

Don't know about that. Using the 'heart' symbol in his thread title justifies a ban.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    610x-13-1.jpg

I thought that was a drill he had when I first looked at it!
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Interesting fact- FF and chung mee have never been seen in the same place at the same time....hmm :?
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    Contador . Great to watch, brilliant tallent and seems like a nice guy. Good on him.

Oh and information people forget. Armstrong HAS tested positive for EPO. And tested, It would appear beyond reasonable scientific doubt, its just that he was never sanctioned for it.

now I dont want to hijak a contador is great thread so i wont say anymore about Armstrong. Im surprised you guys dont look more closely to home for remarkable improvements.
  • Chung Mee
    BarryBonds wrote:
    Contador . Great to watch, brilliant tallent and seems like a nice guy. Good on him.

:D
    Oh and information people forget. Armstrong HAS tested positive for EPO. And tested, It would appear beyond reasonable scientific doubt, its just that he was never sanctioned for it.

Really? When?
    Contador's on this list:

Only five cyclists have won all three of the Grand Tours during their career:

* Jacques Anquetil (FRA): 5 Tours (1957, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964), 2 Giro (1960, 1964), 1 Vuelta (1963).
    * Alberto Contador (ESP): 3 Tours (2007, 2009, 2010), 2 Giro (2008, 2011), 1 Vuelta (2008)
    * Felice Gimondi (ITA): 1 Tour (1965), 3 Giro (1967, 1969, 1976), 1 Vuelta (1968)
    * Bernard Hinault (FRA): 5 Tours (1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1985), 3 Giro (1980, 1982, 1985), 2 Vueltas (1978, 1983)
    * Eddy Merckx (BEL): 5 Tours (1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1974), 5 Giro (1968, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974), 1 Vuelta (1973)

And this list:
    The Giro/Vuelta double has been achieved by three cyclists:

* Eddy Merckx (BEL): 1973
    * Giovanni Battaglin (ITA): 1981
    * Alberto Contador (ESP): 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Tour_%28cycling%29

I don't see The Great Noble Clean Hero, LA, on any of those lists. But it's not a competition, is it? (joke!)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Chung Mee wrote:
    BarryBonds wrote:

:D

Really? When?
    Contador's on this list:

Only five cyclists have won all three of the Grand Tours during their career:

* Jacques Anquetil (FRA): 5 Tours (1957, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964), 2 Giro (1960, 1964), 1 Vuelta (1963).
    * Alberto Contador (ESP): 3 Tours (2007, 2009, 2010), 2 Giro (2008, 2011), 1 Vuelta (2008)
    * Felice Gimondi (ITA): 1 Tour (1965), 3 Giro (1967, 1969, 1976), 1 Vuelta (1968)
    * Bernard Hinault (FRA): 5 Tours (1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1985), 3 Giro (1980, 1982, 1985), 2 Vueltas (1978, 1983)
    * Eddy Merckx (BEL): 5 Tours (1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1974), 5 Giro (1968, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974), 1 Vuelta (1973)

And this list:
    The Giro/Vuelta double has been achieved by three cyclists:

* Eddy Merckx (BEL): 1973
    * Giovanni Battaglin (ITA): 1981
    * Alberto Contador (ESP): 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Tour_%28cycling%29

I don't see The Great Noble Clean Hero, LA, on any of those lists. But it's not a competition, is it? (joke!)

Have you been reading all those 20 books on cycling you said you had - You still have a way to go before your a past master at naming all the past champion riders - Like a previous poster said all those books and no mention of Sean Kelly and you even had to look up wikipedia to find out who he was. .Your a cycling Lightweight 8)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Gaz boy, was that a useful post. No. Why bother then. You are just being antagonistic*

FYI, Sean Kelly is not on the list Chung posted above as he has not won the Tour or Giro.

(*http://www.thefreedictionary.com/antagonistic)
    Contador is the Greatest