Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I fancy a cup of tea
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Scrumple wrote:
    I fancy a cup of tea

:shock:
    43299011_H.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • markyboy2005
    markyboy2005 Posts: 465
    When you suggest that capitalism isn't working or at least open it up for discussion, do you mean it's not working for everyone, or just a certain demographic?

If the latter, who is that?

Also, if it's not working just for a certain group/demographic/culture/class or whatever, then by default it's working for the people not in that group, yes?

Or is there a 3rd option, working/not working/not proven?

Just interested to understand what the definition of "not working" is.

Cheers
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Jez mon wrote:
    markos1963 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Anarchism? Wouldn't work

A full.balanced and intelligent explanation that.
    Just why not? Surely if we claim to be a higher species we should be able to organise ourselves without the need to put self serving, control freaks in charge of us. Even mother natural manages to organise itself into some sort of self order.

See highlighted bold. We claim to be, we aren't. We're just monkeys who have evolved to have develop all kinds of fancy things.

TBH I just assumed those on this forum were intelligent enough to work out why for themselves...

Damn those opposable thumbs
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,916
    Scrumple wrote:
    Anarchy doesn't work -

Look at nature: the fittest survive.
    I'm struggling to see a clear distinction between pure capitalism and anarchy.

In the purest form of capitalism those who can't afford to eat or buy medical assistance will die. Any dilution of that is move to a less capitalist and more humane society. We can argue about how far along that line we go, but pure capitalism isn't a form of government, rather a capitulation to a system of giving value to things that lies somewhere between being uncontrollable and being controlled by those who have the most money for their own benefit.
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    Coffe for me please.
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    or even Coffee (DOH)
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I need some whisky

God, this is getting dull.
  • redrobbo
    redrobbo Posts: 727
    "Anarchism? Wouldn't work"

Well it wouldn't be bleedin' anarchism if it worked, now would it? That's the whole point.. Gah!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    markos1963 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Anarchism? Wouldn't work

Just why not? Surely if we claim to be a higher species we should be able to organise ourselves without the need to put self serving, control freaks in charge of us. Even mother natural manages to organise itself into some sort of self order.
    Nice theory, till you become ill and need a hospital. Then you discover that hospitals cost money to build and run, so you need a body to collect enough from everyone to pay for it (taxation) and then to distribute it in a manner that ensures it works. When a gang of villians move into your neighbourhood and start taking everyone's property from them and beating people up and raping their wives and daughter you need a group of people to stop it (a police force) which has to be paid for, organised and regulated by someone.

I could go on, but I think most people can see where I'm coming from...
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    markos1963 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Anarchism? Wouldn't work

Nice theory, till you become ill and need a hospital. Then you discover that hospitals cost money to build and run, so you need a body to collect enough from everyone to pay for it (taxation) and then to distribute it in a manner that ensures it works. When a gang of villians move into your neighbourhood and start taking everyone's property from them and beating people up and raping their wives and daughter you need a group of people to stop it (a police force) which has to be paid for, organised and regulated by someone.

I could go on, but I think most people can see where I'm coming from...

Im surprised anyone felt that the post to which you replied deserved a well-thought out response.
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    What anarchy needs is strong leadership.