Are you a Pro if you get paid?

2»

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Tusher wrote:
    Go Colin Go!

Em, do we have to go through the whole Olympic lottery thing to get tickets for the paralympics?

With the exception of Opening and Closing ceremonies, I would think that it will be easy to get tickets for most events - but yes, there is still a 'lottery'. Good news is that ticket prices are a fraction of what they are for the 'big' Games.

The track cycling is definitely worth watching. Tandem sprinting is breathtaking.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Poker, will you be in the road race, (if there is one?)

Presumably it'll be the same route as the main games?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Poker, will you be in the road race, (if there is one?)

Presumably it'll be the same route as the main games?

Yes I will be.

No - it's a different course (due to the restrictions on course lengths, etc of Paracycling).

It's based in and around Brand's Hatch. Details here: http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/disabi ... nnounced-0
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Shame. The main game route goes pretty close to where I live so.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Tom BB wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:
    Sounds like cool runnings, except without the humour.

Just like most of your posts then

Ya mon.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    As BB pointed out there is not really pro and am anymore. until the mid 90s they had separate world champs and Olympics was am only. I had clubmates who went to big sponsored clubs but they could only get given kit etc. and definately no cash. I think even prize money was limited. There were some huge, well funded clubs in France that the top Brits rode for but even there I don't think there was cash.

Back to Pokerface - good luck with the fund raising. Any idea how much the Renault thing has raised.
  • procyclist
    procyclist Posts: 50
    I bloody LOVE robot wars
  • procyclist wrote:
    I bloody LOVE robot wars

Explain