Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

Good Monaco morning

tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,868
edited May 2011 in The Crudcatcher
morning

Great mood despite the lack of sleep due to getting a flight to Monaco :)[/i]
«1

Posts

  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    matthew h
    I HATE YOU

    Good morning everybody else apart from Mathew H.
    Today everything is taking 10 times longer than it should?
    Almost bought a set of wheels last night, now i still can but it would leave me skint until payday and i keep thinking i could but then trying to explain to the wife why i have no money
    You spent how much on wheels? you already have wheels

    its friday so i feel bacons maybe consumed then much alchohol this evening?

    Anywhooo
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ClankClank Posts: 2,323
    1) It's Friday so today will feature gratuitous bacons.
    2) Headwind on the way in - evill
    3) Berlin. Berlin rocks.

    That is all.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,868
    :) I can live with the hate, I work in finance
  • I had a kebab last night with proper hot "hot sauce".

    Now i'm suffering from a ring of fire and a sewerage works censored . fun times :D

    Lots of meetings today :(
  • KittyKitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning, official it's my last day of theory at uni today, got three months of placement to do now though.

    But TFIF, busy weekend ahead!
  • KaiseKaise Posts: 2,498
    morning all,

    work social last night, messy and fun timies. The head of the department was messing around a shoulder chargered a member of the board of their folding bike as they left the pub :shock: fricking hilarious!!

    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Almost bought a set of wheels last night, now i still can but it would leave me skint until payday and i keep thinking i could but then trying to explain to the wife why i have no money
    You spent how much on wheels? you already have wheels

    have you never practiced man maths then? you work out how much she spends on shoesm, and over what period of time (a), and then work out how long the old wheels last you and how much they cost (b).

    If (a) is bigger than the value of (b) then you buy the wheels and tell her to shut the fark up................


    off to buy bacons
  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    kaiser83 wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Almost bought a set of wheels last night, now i still can but it would leave me skint until payday and i keep thinking i could but then trying to explain to the wife why i have no money
    You spent how much on wheels? you already have wheels

    have you never practiced man maths then? you work out how much she spends on shoesm, and over what period of time (a), and then work out how long the old wheels last you and how much they cost (b).

    If (a) is bigger than the value of (b) then you buy the wheels and tell her to shut the fark up................
    Ah that works on most womens, but my one never buys shoes or fashionista stuff, the odd reeeediculassss priced handbag(which to be fair she keeps for a long time) and her only real spending vice is fags, which i use that excuse most days when buying stuff :wink:
    But these wheels will shave nearly 500g off my build alone, and it would work out less than a pound a gram! :shock: i'm still trying to justify :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_birdangry_bird Posts: 3,784
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h
    I HATE YOU

    This. Cnut. :evil:

    Morning Benders

    Today I have lectures for some reason. Busy busy day. Can't afford to go out tonight so I guess I'll end up revisioning. Big day on saturday and then a nice hungover Sunday watching the F1 on the tv :(

    Laters
  • KaiseKaise Posts: 2,498
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Ah that works on most womens, but my one never buys shoes or fashionista stuff, the odd reeeediculassss priced handbag(which to be fair she keeps for a long time) and her only real spending vice is fags, which i use that excuse most days when buying stuff :wink:
    But these wheels will shave nearly 500g off my build alone, and it would work out less than a pound a gram! :shock: i'm still trying to justify :lol:

    sounds like missk, she does primark, which means i have to keep it cheap!
  • jay12jay12 Posts: 6,306
    boring ol' friday, school in a minute, then getting ready for the race weekend which is tommorow! damn that went fast, i can't bloody wait
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    ly real spending vice is fags, which i use that excuse most days when buying stuff :wink:
    But these wheels will shave nearly 500g off my build alone, and it would work out less than a pound a gram! :shock: i'm still trying to justify :lol:

    Less than a pound a gram of the saving, or less than a pound a gram of the wheel, cos if its the latter, they could still be some pretty pricey wheels?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    Gazlar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    ly real spending vice is fags, which i use that excuse most days when buying stuff :wink:
    But these wheels will shave nearly 500g off my build alone, and it would work out less than a pound a gram! :shock: i'm still trying to justify :lol:

    Less than a pound a gram of the saving, or less than a pound a gram of the wheel, cos if its the latter, they could still be some pretty pricey wheels?
    they are but they look Gucci and we all know thats what matters :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • PudseypPudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Morning gaylords !!

    Well the BH weekend is nearly here which is typical as it's cold and grey out, on a slightly moore positive note 8 rashers are sizzling in the pan...just had some porridge also as of to Gisburn for a dam good pedal....

    NM....sympathise with how your feeling had a hot ruby on Wed's and had a serious bout of censored piss....not nice....oh and if your having you breakfast whilst resding this....GOOD MORNING !!
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,868
    Angry Bird wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h
    I HATE YOU

    This. Cnut. :evil:

    Time for a beer whilst waiting for the flight :)

    Just to continuing being a Cnut, will be on the Mirabeau hotel terrace :)
  • GazlarGazlar Posts: 8,110
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    ly real spending vice is fags, which i use that excuse most days when buying stuff :wink:
    But these wheels will shave nearly 500g off my build alone, and it would work out less than a pound a gram! :shock: i'm still trying to justify :lol:

    Less than a pound a gram of the saving, or less than a pound a gram of the wheel, cos if its the latter, they could still be some pretty pricey wheels?
    they are but they look Gucci and we all know thats what matters :wink:

    Yeah, i'm more champagne tastes on beer money, i like shiney but don't like spending too much on any one thing, especially given my lask of skill, talent or balance, its not going to make that much difference to me ;)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    Morning geeks, TFIF only working til lunch today woop :D plus mega night out this evening/tomorrow morning, double woop :lol: thoroughly looking forward to this weekend, champions league tomorrow night, play off final at old trafford Sunday, although that does mean I'll miss the F1, btw Matt H you lucky barsteward!!! :evil:

    This morning I'll be phoning around the LBSs to see if they've got a short chainring bolt, somehow managed to lose one last ride :(

    ah well peace out crudders

    Latersss

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,868
    Cheers lawman, going to make the most of it :)
  • bg13bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Moaning crudders,

    TFIF

    Operation houseclean is still in the planning stage, will let her know what needs cleaning when she gets back.

    Got porridge on the go as no bacons, FAIL!

    Long pedal tonight.

    MH enjoy the race you jammy devil.

    Enjoy the BH everyone.
    Loving life in rural SW France

    Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • spongtasticspongtastic Posts: 3,131
    meh.

    Stressssss.

    Exam in a week, moving house in two, putting together costs for an £8million pound a year contract.

    Frame and forks turning up between 10.30 and 11.30 Woo!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

    Who are you calling inbred?
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    matthew h wrote:
    Cheers lawman, going to make the most of it :)

    should be an epic race, I think we'll se how could vettel is this weekend, the playing field is pretty much level car wise round there I reckon, we saw last week how the mclaren had more mechanical grip than the redbull, will be interesting to see if he can prove himself against Hamilton and Alonso, because in my mind there's still question marks over whether is as good a driver as he's cracked up to be, the car certainly has helped him the last few years

  • RaymondavalonRaymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots :¬)

    A pleasant but overcast day in my home office today
    Quite busy, have things to do other than badger Bint and Kitty for answers.
    Roll on the weekend, long one at that, so win!
  • thekickingmulethekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Crudites!

    Busy as a busy thing in a busy place recently, which means I've been missin out on threads that don't interest me. And they're the ones I like reading the most, where I can sit here judgin you all :D

    My minion bought me a pig and unborn chicken sandwich today, which was a good thing, but now she's gone out to smoke with others, so I'm making her feel bad now.

    Think I'll head up Lee Quarry tomorrow, providing I've no plans that I've forgotten about. Should clear the mind a bit.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteethsheepsteeth Posts: 17,418 Webster
    hello

    i am so hungover, im certain this hangover would kil all of you twice.

    i know one thing for sure, im never drinking again.

    im so excited about picking up a new frame tomorrow.
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    Looking forward to seeing the new bike sheeps, should be awesome, not a fan of the Edison but the GW does look nice, is the travel the same on both models?

  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,931
    Morning all - just.

    Another good lie in today. Still counting the days/weeks to when I can get back on the bike again. Out of egg and bacon in the house so had to have cereal for brekky :( F1 and footy to watch this weekend and no work on Monday at all 8)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cat With No TailCat With No Tail Posts: 13,581
    Afternoon webbos.

    Today has so far been filled with much meh.

    However, I have just been summoned to a meeting with one of the directors about the interview I had the other day.

    I have my Limes and string prepared, as per sheepsteeths suggestion the other day.

    Shitting myself now. It's been a LONG time since I interviewed for a job, and had forgotten how nervewracking it is waiting to hear back. :shock:

    Wish me luck you sacks of censored ! I demand it!
  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    Cat With No Tail one sack o censored wishing you luck!
    Its nice when they come looking for you 8)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    matthew h
    How was practice? i watched the highlights on BBC. could be an interesting weekend, especially if thed bulls are a little bit further down?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,931
    Wish me luck you sacks of censored ! I demand it!
    Good luck you sacks of censored :)

    So is this a well paid finance job where you pay 10% tax? Jammy toe rag.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.