The CrudCatcher Ride 9th&10th July Afan

VWsurfbum
VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Hi Chaps and welcome to my romantic weekend away with the wife :wink:
She will be off horsing around in the mountains with glue monsters, i will be heading to Afan (as its closest to Neath, where were staying)

So I'm open to what trails we ride, but for the first time in god knows how many visits i have all day saturday to ride and then a cheeky one on sunday :wink:

So who's in?

Oh and bring your waterproofs as its a summer ride in Wales :D

PS
For this ride you may call me Ian but then its back to normality.
Kazza the Tranny
Now for sale Fatty

Comments

• Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    What your real name is Normality? Sad parents.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • VWsurfbum
    Richie63 wrote:
    What your real name is Normality? Sad parents.
    :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    On a serious note I would love to make it but have a family party to attend (under pain of DEATH) on the 9th so can't make it :cry::cry:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Hmm, let me see if I can sort some stuffs out for the 9th.
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    I might come, if I am not working, but wont know until a couple of weeks before, there needs to be someone slow for me to ride with though :lol:
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • VWsurfbum
    binty, you talk to us all, you know were all a bit slow :?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    If its a weekend end I'm in too suffer abuse >;o)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sure, why not.
    Incidentally, what the hell happened to the Llandegla ride?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I'd most likely be around on the Sunday, I'll see what I could muster for the Saturday though, you know just so you have someone to look after the back of the group
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    I feel a lads w.end coming on :)
  • VWsurfbum
    Well its looking good so far, plenty of time for people to drop out :roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    I am in, its locked in the diary, if anyone needs a lift from brizzle let me know.....

are you thinking of an all day w2 or skyline before they shut the farker?

Incidentally, what the hell happened to the Llandegla ride?

as this is the CC i didnt get a straight answer so i stopped organising, we were trying to find out a date that everyone was around
  • VWsurfbum
    kaiser83 wrote:
    are you thinking of an all day w2 or skyline before they shut the farker?
    I've not done either so yeah good possibility? ive done the wall, and whytes and even the other one that began with a P but is now shut? so as long as its Gnarcore and Rad i'm up for it.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Kaise
    W2 is just whites and Y Wal connected together, i've not done skyline so not sure what its like!

I better get a new full face though as the other week i was there i smashed the front of mine on the black section of whites!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    If I can scavenge a lift off someone I'd be well up for this :D just a warning, I don't do slow rides, warp facter 10 is my only speed :lol:
  • Anonymous
    lawman wrote:
    If I can scavenge a lift off someone I'd be well up for this :D just a warning, I don't do slow rides, warp facter 10 is my only speed :lol:
    Leave the crudcatcher... NOW!!!

• Gazlar
    lawman wrote:

First one back buys the drinks!!! and dont be fooled, just because you beat us lot up a big feck off hill, doesn't mean your quick, just means youre less slow than me. I'm built for capacity, not speed
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissBint37
    If I come think I would be too slow uphill to even ride with. Might come along anyway and try to drag someone with me that doesn't mind going at my slow pace, then catch up with you for beers later perhaps. When I say I am slow, I mean like a snail on the ups. Asthma FAIL :(
  • lawman
    lawman wrote:
    Leave the crudcatcher... NOW!!!

I'll leave your crudcatcher in a minute ... Oh wait hang on :shock:

I could make an exception for you mere mortals just this once I guess, I'll ride the maxlight so I don't have too much of an advantage :lol:
  • Gazlar
    MissBint37 wrote:
    If I come think I would be too slow uphill to even ride with. Might come along anyway and try to drag someone with me that doesn't mind going at my slow pace, then catch up with you for beers later perhaps. When I say I am slow, I mean like a snail on the ups. Asthma FAIL :(

Trust me you won't be as slow as me, Asthma, Arthritis and lead bike fail. Thats why i bling my bike, as people watching me on the way up have a lot more time to look at it as it trundles past, it also distracts them from the purple faced man flailing around on top of it
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • lawman
    Gazlar wrote:
    lawman wrote:

First one back buys the drinks!!! and dont be fooled, just because you beat us lot up a big feck off hill, doesn't mean your quick, just means youre less slow than me. I'm built for capacity, not speed

back to the loser lane mortal, I tell ye :P
  • Kaise
    i am slow on the way up, but its not about the ups, its about the downs, i'm 17st so i have the advantage of momentum on the way down, and when this train leaves the station it doesnt stop!

remind me to buy new pads!
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    <ponders> Might be a good excuse to go to Afan... If so, I'll be the one wheezing and panting on the way up, then looking terrified on the way down :D
  • Anonymous
    lawman wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    lawman wrote:

back to the loser lane mortal, I tell ye :P
    Well, what if we bring Njee or El Cap?
    We'll wipe that smile off yer face :twisted:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    hmm, its near where I live and I'm free... if I can sort a lift i'll try and make it... would be fun! if anyone wants to ride something different then i can do guided tours of the wonder that is Clyne (in Swansea) on pretty much any day... top place to ride, great pubs.

on a side note... your staying in NEATH?! Why the hell would you stay in neath?! tis a bit of a dump... well, its not too bad, but its not really a holiday destination...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    joshtp wrote:
    hmm, its near where I live and I'm free...
    if anyone wants to ride something different then i 'll let them ride me.

on a side note... your staying in NEATH?! Why the hell would you stay in neath?! tis a bit of a dump... well, its not too bad, but its not really a holiday destination...
    Come stay in my bed instad.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    Where the hell IS Afan then?

EDIT:
    Holy shite, it's near Port Talbot?

Only takes me an hour and a half longer to get to Glentress. It had better be worth it.
  • MissBint37
    Gazlar wrote:
    MissBint37 wrote:

Trust me you won't be as slow as me, Asthma, Arthritis and lead bike fail. Thats why i bling my bike, as people watching me on the way up have a lot more time to look at it as it trundles past, it also distracts them from the purple faced man flailing around on top of it

You haven't seen me. I haven't met anyone as slow as me uphill ever :(
    I have met a couple of people slower down........but still that many, I'm a typical girl :lol: Although I did ride down Blackley Hey at Ladybower a few weeks ago and there were about 3 people pushing the bike down, 2 of them were blokes, and 1 woman. At least I made it down on the bike!!!
  • VWsurfbum
    joshtp wrote:
    I'm only staying there as its a equestian centre. (see day nursery for grown up wifeys)

Yeehaa# Well its no Coed y Brenin but its a lot more fun, with slight less "oh my god i'm going to die" decents :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty