Have you spotted any eccentric commuters?

2»

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I sometimes see a bloke with dreadlocks on what looks like a MTB with BMX handlebars. Otherwise I'm the eccentric on my route as I tend to stick to the road rather than riding on the pavement.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    davmaggs wrote:
    I've now spotted the same character a couple of times so I would class him as a cycling commuter. He weaves in an out of cars whooping and shouting with the odd arm wave like a rodeo rider and seems to be having a wild time of it.

I admire the risk taking, even if it seems like he'll come to a sticky end. Sadly he does the same to people on crossings and and it does cause some fright.

So, do you spot any characters on your your commute?

sounds like a guy I often see around herne hill in London, he whizzes through the red ligths shouting and ringing his bell, seems a bit mad. Seen a commuter with flowers and leaves weaved around the handlebars and basket (looks very nice).
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    cjcp wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Its gotta be the gangly guy with the radio blaring out on his handlebars that shouts at everyone on NKR...

I for one would not get in his way.

I *really* wanna meet this guy.

If this is the same guy who had crimbo lights on his bike back in the winter then I saw him in about Feb, shouting at lots of other cyclists. possibly he's the second oddity of the NKR.

Also I somethimes see someone ona MTB in RAF lycra with a full face helmet on in Kensington dottering along at slow speed, though i've not seen hime for a while.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Just spotted a great one coming down Leith Walk. He was on one of the classic gent's bikes with a wicker basket on the back, but he'd fashioned a huge lump of a wind-brake/fairing for the front out of fibreglass, it looked as though he'd have no chance of seeing past it. Worse still, he was wearing those dark-red ski-goggles. How he could see anything is beyond me.

Plus, get this, he was wearing a hi-viz jacket. Lol!

Has the wind brake got 8 spines or there about and roughly circular - if so he's been about for years - saw him when at school up there back in the mid 90's...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Just spotted a great one coming down Leith Walk. He was on one of the classic gent's bikes with a wicker basket on the back, but he'd fashioned a huge lump of a wind-brake/fairing for the front out of fibreglass, it looked as though he'd have no chance of seeing past it. Worse still, he was wearing those dark-red ski-goggles. How he could see anything is beyond me.

Plus, get this, he was wearing a hi-viz jacket. Lol!

Has the wind brake got 8 spines or there about and roughly circular - if so he's been about for years - saw him when at school up there back in the mid 90's...

He seemed to have been going for something like this:

a113a113a.jpg

Only, his was a solid white colour, held together with black gaffa tape, with only the very top bit remotely see-through. Crazy way to try and ride on busy roads.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Hmmm, might be the same nutcase we'll never know!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]