Caravan Purchasing ? would you?

2»

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Look we are not gonna hold hands or have matching outfits now...
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    caravans should be banned as a public menace. And all owners burned at the stake!
    at last we agree on something!

Now an affordable "sports van" aka not a mercedes sport vito, that would be great

it was bound to happen eventually lol, But if we were all teh same it would be boring.

T5 is sweet when set up right, But has the horrible VW price tag :( Porche engine in an old school camper?
    see thats 2 things now!

someones got to say it so it might as well be me......

How much Torque?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    I'd guess that your caravan buying demographic is quite different from your MTB riding one so you'd basically be pitching a product at a group who have little interest in it (despite the mtb slant).
    You could argue that you're aiming to create a new market but to do that you have to lose the stigma which is attached to the concept of caravans (which is ingrained in the people you're wanting to target).

Surely it would be better to come up with a caravan which is able to be towed at normal car speeds and then aim that at the folk who would normally look to buy into them.
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Richie63 wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    caravans should be banned as a public menace. And all owners burned at the stake!
    at last we agree on something!

Now an affordable "sports van" aka not a mercedes sport vito, that would be great

it was bound to happen eventually lol, But if we were all teh same it would be boring.

T5 is sweet when set up right, But has the horrible VW price tag :( Porche engine in an old school camper?
    see thats 2 things now!

someones got to say it so it might as well be me......

How much Torque?
    Well obviously not as mouch as 335D tourer but close :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    isnt the 335D the best sport car in world, Just like a go kart with its complete lack of manual gear box(or even sequential gears)
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    The 335D transcends gears
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Fully-sprung
    Fully-sprung Posts: 670
    Porche engine in an old school camper?
    So a VW then.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • Thewaylander
    Yeh but that one would be worth the price
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    crazy88 wrote:
    And I fear getting raped in a hostel.

When staying in a hostel, do it with friends, that way at least when you get raped it'll be by someone you know
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Caravans are probably useless for a lot of younger folk who haven't got a towing licence.
    I agree with the idea of making an interior for a van for cheap- that might sell.
    I've lined out/carpeted the roof and walls of my 59 VX combo, and it is kitted for a day van as at 5'7" I can sleep in it no problems.55mpg and easy to drive/park/reverse etc.
    Bearing in mind the van was 7k new and kitting it cost <300, I've seen a very similar sized Citroen Romahome R10 in Perthshire caravans which is basically a Bipper van with some modular units thrown in for £24k!!! Utter rip-off.
    You could get a new VX Vivaro for 12k, kit it out and have a much bigger and better van than an R10 and still have money left for a decent trailer, roof bars, a new set of bikes and a kayaks, (a speedboat, a holiday....a cuddly toy, a teasmaid.....)
    Campervans off the shelf are the biggest con going. Like 25yr old Talbots still wanting 9k for the manky old scrappers!!!!
    DIY saves a stack and you can customise it to suit your hobbies.... 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Caravans are probably useless for a lot of younger folk who haven't got a towing licence.
    Well spotted, captain obvious
    captain-obvious-20.jpg