Sitting too far back?

JimboPlob
JimboPlob Posts: 397
Hi

I installed a new saddle (toupe), and I have noticed that it is pretty far back on the rails. (BB-saddle remains the same), nose is about 12cm behind BB I looked at a video of me side on whilst on the turbo. I noticed, that when the crank is parallel to the ground, my knee is behind the pedal spindle, and my lower leg is almost vertical. Does this sound like the seat may be a little far back?

Have been noticing some medial knee pain on the right knee since the change in saddle, but also changed to new (same version) pedals which seem to be tighter and offer less float (although they are set to loose)

Thanks

Comments

• mrjerome10
    mrjerome10 Posts: 69
    i take it the saddle is adjustable, I would move it forward until you find the sweet spot where it's comfortable for you to ride. Take an allen key with you on a ride and test out. I would get it sorted as soon as possible otherwise you can do a lot of damage to your knee! if you are unsure how to set it up go to your LBS.
    Specialized Allez Elite 2008
    Boardman HT Pro FS Team 2010
    Carrera Vulcan D Spec 2010
  • JimboPlob
    JimboPlob Posts: 397
    I had a retul bike fit, so I am going to make all measurements the same as that again. Only thing is different is that was done using a romin saddle and I now have a toupe saddle.

Saddle behind BB is measured to front of saddle tip, but would the length difference in the saddles mean I have to adjust this?
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    the nose on a toupe is pretty short, probably shorter than what you had previously. I would disregard the BB to nose dimension you previosuly had and start again by finding whats comfortable or familiar as far as reach and knee to pedal relationship.