Did he?

2»

Comments

• hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    BigMat wrote:
    But Lance is one of the biggest sporting names in years, an icon to millions, a trusted pillar of the "clean" proper image of sport.

FWIW I think he has not taken illegal substances - doesn't mean he didn't take anything that was legal at a particular time and subsequently made illegal - but nothing wrong with that.

OK testing has always been behind detection, but I really cannot believe that he did illegal things. I would recon he was fully aware that others did though, and maybe he should come out and say this.

Think here endeth the debate...... time to move on to a Friday DDD thread.....

You are one seriously misinformed dude! Even the fanboys are conspicuously silent today.

500+ tests, all negative..... speaks volumes.

Now that's just trolling!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Now hold on a minute you mean there are other threads!?!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    itboffin wrote:

Other forums too apparently :shock:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I like the pro race forum!

There's some interesting discussions, I've learnt lots about "classics" and other historic races and tours, whereas before I only knew about TdF and Chris Boardman.

I mean, given the sports relationship with doping its obviously gonna get some coverage.

However, some total stalker has recently signed up who has a BLATANT homoerotic man crush on Mark Cavendish - so much so he spends all his time trying to hide the fact by slagging him and HTC off at every opportunity. In every thread. Whether relevant or not.

edit: agree with greg about "the Look"
  • Stiff_Orange
    Stiff_Orange Posts: 218
    Did He?

Yes, YEs, YES!!

But then again he's not alone, I would guess most of the top athletes (not just cyclists) have including the Brits.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...I like Contador too, I'm glad he is innocent.

Is Contador innocent or was he just found not guilty? Big difference, ask OJ!

Athletes do come up with some fantastical explanations for failing drug tests or not providing samples, ranging from phantom motorbike crashes to absorbing your unborn twin whilst still in the womb. Tainted meat only rates a 7 out of 10 in sporting doping excuse bullshitometer.

I like the Lance Armstrong story, I hope he won clean, but I won't be surprised if evidence eventually comes to light proving that he did dope, but using something which was undiscoverable at the time. Unobtanamol, perhaps?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I'm a Lance fan. I was a fan of him at the beginning and height of his career, and during his recent comeback. I find it harder and harder to believe he was clean. If he one day comes out and says he doped, I think I'd feel very let down. He wouldn't be the first of my cycling heroes who've turned out to be cheats, mind. In the end, though, I think I'd forgive him and find some way to rationalise it (e.g. "well, everyone was at it in those days").
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    Greg66 wrote:
    Now, they may be telling the truth now - who knows? But were I prosecuting and these two were my "star" witnesses, I'd be a very, very edgy man, and I'd be looking for a Plan B and probably a Plan C.

Looks like they have a "star witness"
    20+ year career. 500 drug controls worldwide, in and out of competition. Never a failed test. I rest my case.

Dude I'm not sure it gonna work like that.
    Meeting w/ the entire Nike @LIVESTRONG team going over future concepts, messages, and designs. Stuff looks amazing.

Yes..future concepts, that's what your meeting would have been about....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I'm ambivolent about whether he doped or not. He won 7 TdFs at a time when doping was rife (when wasn't it) and he didn't get caught doping. Kudos to the man.

Kudos to the man too for beating cancer (I was in tears by page 3 of his book - so evocative of the experience we're going through with Charlie) and for the LiveStrong thing. There are few sportsmen whose legacy outside the sport has been so powerful.

Top sport has always been full of cheating (Maradonna's Hand of God being one of the more obvious ones) - and, if you aren't caught, you aren't caught.

I find the relentless pursuit of the guy tiresome. Move on.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172

Yes. Looks like Plans B and C can go back in the drawer.

As DDD would say, sh!t just got real, dude :shock:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    itboffin wrote:

Yep - there is also life on other planets
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Greg66 wrote:

Yes. Looks like Plans B and C can go back in the drawer.

As DDD would say, sh!t just got real, dude :shock:

Wow, just read about Hincapie!!! :-0
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807