Please see entire Pro Race forum
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    JonGinge wrote:

:D Challenge for you this afternoon Mr Ginge is to condense it to a 10 word conclusion...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    JonGinge wrote:

As a commuter and occassional sportive rider, I don't venture to that place.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:

Thar be dragons! :lol:
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    JonGinge wrote:

We're not all bad.

Inbetween the foaming there's reasonable discussion.

The sans doping chat is excellent.

(Unless it's about Cavendish).
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    In other news, the pope is apparently catholic...

Seriously though, people should head over to Pro Race to discuss this kind of thing, they could do with a few fresh faces there to, erm, bounce ideas off!
  • rick_chasey
    BigMat wrote:

Seriously though, people should head over to Pro Race to discuss this kind of thing, they could do with a few fresh faces there to, erm, bounce ideas off!

Do.

Avoid the doping chat, since that's duuuull, but the rest is good. Honest.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:

We're not all bad.

Er, not sure who you mean. Cavy, I know about... ;)
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Wallace1492
    But Lance is one of the biggest sporting names in years, an icon to millions, a trusted pillar of the "clean" proper image of sport.

FWIW I think he has not taken illegal substances - doesn't mean he didn't take anything that was legal at a particular time and subsequently made illegal - but nothing wrong with that.

OK testing has always been behind detection, but I really cannot believe that he did illegal things. I would recon he was fully aware that others did though, and maybe he should come out and say this.

Think here endeth the debate...... time to move on to a Friday DDD thread.....
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    JonGinge wrote:

:D Challenge for you this afternoon Mr Ginge is to condense it to a 10 word conclusion...

Yeah but no but yeah but no but shut up!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    JonGinge wrote:

Don't you need moderator approval there not to post a thread about Lance and drugs?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • MonkeyMonster
    dhope wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Oooh, good attempt! Can we see better...
  • rick_chasey
    dhope wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Oooh, good attempt! Can we see better...

Armstrong teammates claim he doped. Fan boys refuse to believe.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    BigMat wrote:

I was going to do a little flow chart for them, along the lines of "Did you believe Tyler when he said he hadn't doped and that he absorbed his twin brother in utero?"; if yes, etc; if no, etc...

I thought better of it. Some of them are likely to explode at that sort of suggestion...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rick_chasey
    Greg66 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

I was going to do a little flow chart for them, along the lines of "Did you believe Tyler when he said he hadn't doped and that he absorbed his twin brother in utero?"; if yes, etc; if no, etc...

I thought better of it. Some of them are likely to explode at that sort of suggestion...

Armstrong teammates claim he doped. Fan boy refuses to believe.

:wink:
  • MonkeyMonster
    dhope wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Armstrong teammates claim he doped. Fan boys refuse to believe.

*note from teacher: could do better
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Where can I get me some of this EPO stuff.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    edited May 2011
    Greg66 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Armstrong teammates claim he doped. Fan boy refuses to believe.

:wink:

Hehe. Despite the avatar*, I'm relatively agnostic on this. If he is proven to be a doper, then he's a doper. What I find amusing the the absolute certainty that is advanced by the anti side.

I don't really need to remind you that these two Armstrong teammates also claimed, vehemently, not to have doped when it suited their financial interests to do so, do I? And at least one then claimed the opposite in order to push a book, again to make money.

Now, they may be telling the truth now - who knows? But were I prosecuting and these two were my "star" witnesses, I'd be a very, very edgy man, and I'd be looking for a Plan B and probably a Plan C. And were I defending I'd be geniunely dripping drool from the end of my fangs at the prospect of cross-examining these two, a la Alien.

*whatever the truth about LA is, and regardless of whether Phil mis-read it when commentating, I happen to think as photographs that capture great images in sport go, that one is right up there.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    This won't end well. Very bad for the sport.

Not one of Armstrong's greatest fans, but his story is amazing and he was a great rider. There's very few from his team or the GC top 10 from those years that hasn't been connected to something bad.

In my mind, there's been enough information out there for a long time to convince me. These latest bits don't make that much difference, but the FBI are out for him and they will get him. They only need a couple more people or more likely find the cash trail and they're there.

It won't be good for anyone, except Walsh (who I also can't seem to like).
    exercise.png
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    JonGinge wrote:

We're not all bad.

or French Fighter or Contador or Team Sky etc

It's like a parallel universe, the same arguments only the words are changed.

Come TDF time there will be a 'spolier' thread in here. You can join in without knowing who won some obscure race in Belgium 30 years ago, you don't even need to have a background in Biomedical Sciences.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Come TDF time there will be a 'spolier' thread in here. You can join in without knowing who won some obscure race in Belgium 30 years ago, you don't even need to think that you have a background in Biomedical Sciences.

Fixed that.

I agree though; whenever I've dipped in there it's the same old protagonists having the same old arguments. Bit like here, but without the banter, wit or intelligence.

And that's saying something.

Perhaps it's because by definition as commuters we're smart enough to hold down a j-o-b, and they lol around all day on the dole...

/wanders off whistling innocently...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    BigMat wrote:

I went. I got told to do my homework and not come back until I had!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    But Lance is one of the biggest sporting names in years, an icon to millions, a trusted pillar of the "clean" proper image of sport.

FWIW I think he has not taken illegal substances - doesn't mean he didn't take anything that was legal at a particular time and subsequently made illegal - but nothing wrong with that.

OK testing has always been behind detection, but I really cannot believe that he did illegal things. I would recon he was fully aware that others did though, and maybe he should come out and say this.

You are one seriously misinformed dude! Even the fanboys are conspicuously silent today.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I have read some of it on the road forum. There is plenty of internet type 'evidence' that I have browsed, but it is a fact that he has not actually failed a test (other than that cortizone thing which was retracted and minor).

So I tend to still give him the benefit of 'innocent until proven guilty'....which seems a bit old fashioned in this age of the all-knowing internet super-sleuth!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I like Lance, I hope he is innocent. I like Contador too, I'm glad he is innocent.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Wallace1492
    BigMat wrote:

You are one seriously misinformed dude! Even the fanboys are conspicuously silent today.

500+ tests, all negative..... speaks volumes.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    BigMat wrote:

Ah, proof indeed...

I'm not sure that listening to internet Inspector Closeaux playing joint the dots counts as informing oneself, but ho hum...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    edited May 2011
    DDD
    Wallace
    Sewinman

Stay here where it's safe....don't go anywhere near the Road Forum.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!