Bull Shoot Bingo

2»

Comments

• Not a d*ickish thing to say but a guy ordered a latte coffee in front of me earlier
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Not a d*ickish thing to say but a guy ordered a latte coffee in front of me earlier

As opposed to a latte pint of bitter you mean?
  • Was in mac Donalds ( just a shake :D ) so guess he was taking no chances
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    "Capture that..."

"Low hanging fruit"

"Size of the prize."

I think there's entire forums out there dealing with management bullsh*t. Said bullsh*t (jargon) exists to make simple things complex, inflate the user's position, make it difficult to pinpoint an argument against them etc.

Basically, management is NOT a job. We've allowed a sector of overpaid and largely useless individuals occupy managment positions or management consultancy roles and they're completely worthless. So to create an impression of value they've invented their own language. Don't speak it it just encourages the tw@ts.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    pedylan wrote:
    ... Don't speak it it just encourages the tw@ts.
    +1

Another good tactic is to listen intently while they witter on and, when they're finished, ask as sincerely as you can manage, "What does that mean?" 9 out of 10 will waffle 'cos they don't know - or they know that it doesn't mean anything. It can be funny to watch.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Crapaud wrote:
    pedylan wrote:
    +1

Another good tactic is to listen intently while they witter on and, when they're finished, ask as sincerely as you can manage, "What does that mean?" 9 out of 10 will waffle 'cos they don't know - or they know that it doesn't mean anything. It can be funny to watch.

Tw@tting them upside the head with a dictionary works better, far more entertaining and rewarding. :twisted:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Crapaud wrote:
    pedylan wrote:
    +1

Tw@tting them upside the head with a dictionary works better, far more entertaining and rewarding. :twisted:
    Nice one. We're developing a range of 'coping strategies'.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Crapaud wrote:
    Crapaud wrote:
    pedylan wrote:
    +1

Nice one. We're developing a range of 'coping strategies'.

It's good that we're getting a handle on these issues.

EDIT: Some amusing things do arise from this crap though. Possibly due to having spent too long in the senior management meeting one morning, my boss, when relating it to us, did describe one argument as being 'like World War Three reenacted'. We still mock him for it 18 months later...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    bompington wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Anyone who verbs a noun, or even worse an adjective, can negative my mental equilibrium situation pretty fast

Not sure, but haven't you just done that here?? Isn't "verb" a noun, or some kind of noun??
    You awarenessed that very well, but you didn't realise that I was just humourising.

:D
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Some examples 'put on my radar', 'secret source' - as in what's our winning formula (i think, never did get that one, could be secret sauce i guess), other's include working in silos - something about working in isolation and not communicating with colleagues.
    Oh no I use that all the time at work. :oops:
    Harmonising synergies....I have been wondering about this one for about 12 years.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Coping Strategies:

All too frequently, we would be visited by a d***head from Regional Office; not always the same d***head, they had a variety of 'heads. We all had to assemble in the largest room (mine) to hear the the lastest itteration of Truth. I pinned an egg box label on the notice board and at appropiate moments, we all turned to look at the label to remind ourselves how to suck eggs.
    The older I get the faster I was