Any ex fatties?

2»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I eat pretty well thanks to the Mrs however I do like the odd beer :oops:

@dhope I had you down for atleast 40 :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Was ~18 stone a couple of years back, now sub 15 stone. Getting there but not Ex Fattie just yet.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • reformedfatty
    reformedfatty Posts: 543
    You called? :)

6ft. Was ~16st now between 12 - 12.5
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Fat as a child up to my A Levels ~22 stone peak weight. Dropped to 12.5 in a year (working part time, gym the rest) too thin. At uni went back up to 16.5stone and stayed there through out teacher training. Ditched the car and bought my kona jake riding around 100miles a week and dropped to 13st12. Only problem now is that I have lovley legs, but a wobbly stomach. Looking to reach around 13 stone before I start riding with a club but really have no idea what the right weight for me should be. I am 6ft 2.
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    dugliss wrote:
    I`d love to be an ex fattie but it seems the more I do to burn it off the more I need to eat. My weaknesses are choccy bars and fizzy pop so I know what I need to do but just struggle to do it. I`m just under 14 stone but it looks much worse due to being 5`8`` and barrel chested. I`ve got an active job as well so I should be much less than I am, guess I`m just a greedy pig that hates feeling hungry

Oh man, I'm 5 foot 7 and weigh the same just under 14 stone! I peaked out at just under 15 at the start of the year, finally starting to shift it now. Just take packed lunch into work and leave all my loose change at home to stop me from raiding the vending machine :twisted:

Still got to get down to about 10-11 stone but working on it... bike helps :-)
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    was 130kg in sept 2010. started riding to work , cut out beer on a schoolnight stopped snacking and have got down to 107Kg. waist has gone from 42inch being a bit tight to 38s falling off me and another new hole in the belt.

went to a work function on monday where i met some old colleagues and they all said i looked a different man and how much had i lost .

legs are even more toned than they were ( I walk 4-5 miles a day in work)

whats my Cholesterol ?? dunno not had a test for at least 12 months.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm carb loading for an as of yet unknown event :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    8 and half stone here.

So what does that make you? A size 2? :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    itboffin wrote:
    I eat pretty well thanks to the Mrs

Double entendre there for those paying attention?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg66 wrote:
    8 and half stone here.

So what does that make you?

Babe magent.

for petite women
  • tobermory
    tobermory Posts: 138
    was once lost 5 stones and happier for it but its cost me money getting smaller clothes.
    Never trust anyone who says trust me
  • Moodyman
    Moodyman Posts: 158
    Eat little but often.
  • Raphe
    Raphe Posts: 48
    A good few years ago I managed to lose 4 stone in about 8 weeks.

But that was after coming very close to dying from MRSA in hospital following a near fatal car crash.

Apparently I am lucky.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I once lost 3 stone in 3 days. Its a long story but it also involved a hospital stay.

I'm currently 15 stone & 6'2". This is heavy for me as I've been on the lash alot recently. Im usually 14 and a half stone. I ride over 100 miles a week - I just eat fooking shedloads.
    Even when I did the marathon I only got to 14 stone. I'd like to be 13 stone.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I've been up to about 15.5 stone, got down to 13 stone last year through cycling but am now 13.5. I would like to get to 12.5st but my willpower doesn't hold out if food is close by.

I'm partial to a beer and a curry every now and then but usually eat decent food thanks to Mrs Benno. Porridge and banana for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and a decent sized dinner.

I was under 8 pounds once, but that was 42 years ago :wink:

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    mudcow007 wrote:
    all you skinny people out there....yeah you! what do you eat during the day an when you get home from work?

i find it hard to find just normal food, everything is either diet food or normal (stuffed full of saturated fats)

like what Sketchley said, if i cut my calories down i tend to get really miserable an lack any sort of energy, that makes me look for some sort of sugar rush, suppose one idea is to take some Meth, when was the last time you seen a fat addict?

Not particularly skinny 5'10' and 31-inch waist. I don't actually watch what I eat, just tend to feel less hungry if I am not so active.

I think the online calorie estimators suggest that my commute raises my basic energy requirements by about 6000 Calories a week, so that is significant.

As to your other question - do you ever cook from scratch? That makes it pretty easy to avoid the problem you are describing. It helps that I enjoy cooking as does my wife, and even more importantly we enjoy eating pleasant food, so prefer cooking to the alternatives.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Ex-Fatties on the forum?

You know... there was this one guy. Posts on here sometimes - I think he lost a bit of weight.

Nowt special though. Name started with G.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Ex-Fatties on the forum?

You know... there was this one guy. Posts on here sometimes - I think he lost a bit of weight.

You rang good sir ?
    :D:D:D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Ex-Fatties on the forum?

I heard he's half the man he used to be.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Ex-Fatties on the forum?

I heard he's half the man he used to be.

EDIT

No,

I have lost 63% of what I used to weigh

Making me 37% the man I used to be

A man could get a complex :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    The less you eat chocolate and sugar though, the less you want it. If you eat a lot, you'll crave it for a few days but then it becomes manageable. If you really feel the need for something sweet - berries with yoghurt or cream work well. The fat in cream will make you feel full. Sugar doesn't trigger those 'full' messages so you just keep eating it til you feel sick.
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    I used to be fatty, well, 1.5 stone heavier than I am now. Still would like to lose another 1 at least, but find cutting food back a real problem. Have office job and get bored, so pick. Things might change soon as I am going to become a stay at home Mum with my soon to be adopted son, so need to make sure I keep moving! :)
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Just under 21 stone at my heaviest. Wasn't particularly unhealthy as i played rugby and American football, and hit the gym regularly. Just loved eating loads :p

Currently just under 15.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)