Bye Bye Avram

2»

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Im advised that the players insisted that Grant be allowed on the coach after being fired. Apparently Brady said no and that they would rather he came back by Taxi.

Last night Djemba Ba said that he was too tired to sign an autograph for a fan, a fan who then pointed out that he pays £60k a year for a box at the ground and Ba still wouldn't sign which upset the fan enough for it to kick off.
  • Smokin Joe wrote:
    An article in the Guardian points out that WHU have lost 22 points from winning positions this season. A manager the players respected and feared would not have allowed that to happen.

But does he get the credit for getting them into winning positions or is that the players?

Owners & players take the credit, managers take the blame.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    An article in the Guardian points out that WHU have lost 22 points from winning positions this season. A manager the players respected and feared would not have allowed that to happen.

But does he get the credit for getting them into winning positions or is that the players?

So he can plan a good game, he just can't deliver a good half time speech.
  • izza wrote:
    Smokin Joe wrote:

So he can plan a good game, he just can't deliver a good half time speech.

Or the players lack 'bottle, fight, spirit' to see out a game. Or don't look after themselves and so aren't fit enough.

Or the owners are 'tight', so the manager doesn't have a good/large enough squad to rotate the better players, so they tire or play when injured, so the team doesn't play as well late on in games.

Professional football is a collective effort from boardroom to changing room to get things going consistently well on the pitch. When things go consistently poorly, any one or all of those elements could be wrong, but the blame stops at the manager's door.

I doubt Gold or Sullivan will be sacking themselves for appointing a rubbish manager, no players will be offering the club the opportunity to cut their wages by 2/3's as they played badly last year & know the club's income will fall by the same amount following relegation.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Im advised that the players insisted that Grant be allowed on the coach after being fired. Apparently Brady said no and that they would rather he came back by Taxi.

Last night Djemba Ba said that he was too tired to sign an autograph for a fan, a fan who then pointed out that he pays £60k a year for a box at the ground and Ba still wouldn't sign which upset the fan enough for it to kick off.

He pays £60k a year for a box at West Ham? :shock: I often try and refrain from passing judgement on how someone else spends their own money but that example is testing me!
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330

He pays £60k a year for a box at West Ham? :shock: I often try and refrain from passing judgement on how someone else spends their own money but that example is testing me!

Back of the Sun (lying on a table in the coffee shop this morning, honest), the beeb state that Ba was racially abused by said West Ham supporter, which is far more believable than someone spending £60k a year to watch them :twisted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13420587
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228

There are cheaper boxes at West Ham, but they're facing the pitch.