Bye Bye Avram

Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
If they'd done it six months ago we might have stayed up :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    They shouldn't have selected him in the first place. End of.

The worst of it is Stewie G will have to wait until they can try and beat us again. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    You are perfectly correct of course, but I do admire the owners for trying not to be a 'sacking' club; they just chose the wrong guy! We'll be back!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    You are perfectly correct of course, but I do admire the owners for trying not to be a 'sacking' club; they just chose the wrong guy! We'll be back!

I'd suggest that was because no one was stupid enough to take the job 6 months ago.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    You may be right Aggie, but WHU is a club with more tradition than most and I bet the applicants for the job will be extensive. I'd like Chris Hughton myself, with an experienced Director of Football to give him some advice.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Not only did they choose the wrong guy, they then undermined the wrong guy by trying unrealistically to get Martin O'Neill. The biggest problem at West Ham maybe the media shy owners! :roll:
  • Smokin Joe
    The biggest laugh is the Olympic Stadium. With our debt levels and relegation we might end up ground sharing with Leyton Orient.
  • Special K
    Special K Posts: 449
    He was rubbish at Chelsea and never convincing.
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Yeah but he knew where all the brothels were.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Hammers fans won't like this, but can you imagine how good West Ham would be if they hadn't sold all of their England players over the years and had a great manager like Fergie?

The England team is, and has been for a while, pretty much based around the West Ham youth team from a few years previous. They must have either a great scouting set-up or fantastic youth coaches. With the right financial management and first team coaching, I don't see them out of the Prem for too long. They had better not be, they have a new stadium to fill and pay for!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • oscar-j
    oscar-j Posts: 269
    Special K wrote:

he came within a whisker of winning the champions league and premiership!

one lick of paint away from going down in chelsea folklore
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    oscar-j wrote:
    Special K wrote:

Was that the year they lost the League cup final too? 8)
  • oscar-j
    oscar-j wrote:
    Special K wrote:

Was that the year they lost the League cup final too? 8)

2-1 i do believe
  • Smokin Joe
    oscar-j wrote:
    Special K wrote:

The team Grant took to the CL final was Mourinho's and in their prime, they probably managed themselves. Ditto the League Cup which no-one tries too hard to win anyway.
  • oscar-j
    they were playin shite when mourinho left and around 5th or 6th in the league.granted,they did have a quality squad,but he got the players playing for him that season and did a decent job.you chelski fans are so fickle! :wink:
  • cornerblock
    oscar-j wrote:
    Special K wrote:

Whisker shmisker. If JT had of put that penalty away, the winning of the Champions League would have had nothing to do with Avram. It was Jose's team and it ran on auto pilot. Avram was nothing more than a front man because Abromovich had fallen out with Mourinho.
  • Smokin Joe
    The Chelsea players called him Uncle Avram. That wasn't a compliment to his coaching and motivational ability.

An article in the Guardian points out that WHU have lost 22 points from winning positions this season. A manager the players respected and feared would not have allowed that to happen.
  • cornerblock
    oscar-j wrote:
    they were playin shite when mourinho left and around 5th or 6th in the league.granted,they did have a quality squad,but he got the players playing for him that season and did a decent job.you chelski fans are so fickle! :wink:

Not fickle, we just know who should take the credit and it ain't Avram. He is a wheelsucker.
  • oscar-j
    oscar-j wrote:
    Special K wrote:

Whisker shmisker. If JT had of put that penalty away, the winning of the Champions League would have had nothing to do with Avram. It was Jose's team and it ran on auto pilot. Avram was nothing more than a front man because Abromovich had fallen out with Mourinho.

Agreed,it was a very good team but it would have been easy for them to implode that season.Look at the effect it had when Ray Wilkins went this season.Yes he inherited 95% of the squad but he added Anelka and won the players over.Credit where credit's due.
  • oscar-j
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    The Chelsea players called him Uncle Avram. That wasn't a compliment to his coaching and motivational ability.

An article in the Guardian points out that WHU have lost 22 points from winning positions this season. A manager the players respected and feared would not have allowed that to happen.

Brian Clough?

Avram has been shit for WHU no doubt.But other than Parker,you're squad is pretty wank!

Carlton Cole? Do me a favour!
  • cornerblock
    I will credit him with being a decent man. But there was nothing he did in the remainder of the season after Jose left that altered where we were going. If he was a coaching genius then Guus Hiddink would not have been brought in. Now he did stamp his mark on the team and made a visible difference after Jose.
  • oscar-j
    I will credit him with being a decent man. But there was nothing he did in the remainder of the season after Jose left that altered where we were going. If he was a coaching genius then Guus Hiddink would not have been brought in. Now he did stamp his mark on the team and made a visible difference after Jose.

I don't think he is a coaching genius or a particularly good manager,i just don't see how anyone can say he was rubbish at Chelsea.If Hiddink had been brought in that season he would have been given credit.Shame for Chelsea that he (Hiddink) couldn't stay on
  • cornerblock
    oscar-j wrote:

I don't think he is a coaching genius or a particularly good manager,i just don't see how anyone can say he was rubbish at Chelsea.If Hiddink had been brought in that season he would have been given credit.Shame for Chelsea that he (Hiddink) couldn't stay on

You don't think he is a coaching genius, agreed. You don't think he is a particularly good manager, agreed. Rubbish? Not sure about that, but totally out of his depth at Chelsea. That team was so well drilled by Jose that all Avram did was act as a stopgap.
  • oscar-j
    And he was a good stopgap at that time.Many times when a manager leaves the team fall apart-Aston Villa this season.Remember Souness destroying Dalglish's Liverpool team in the early 90's,with virtually the same players?
    Plus,he openly uses brothels and gets away with it with his misses-what's not to like?Respect
  • West Ham owners deserve it for the way they sacked Zola last year after keeping them up, he was never given a proper chance.
    The Championship is a great league to watch.
    Hopefully I won't be watching the Hammer's at the City Ground next year!
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    West Ham owners deserve it for the way they sacked Zola last year after keeping them up, he was never given a proper chance.

I spoke to some WHU backroom staff.

The owners are only in it for the stadium. They told the supporters they were putting in lots of funds. What they actually did was borrow against Upton Park. Once they get the Olympic stadium cheap (that's why they will promise Seb Coe anything), with council/state loans onto the WHU books there will be a firesale and the profit goes into thee three stooges' pockets.

With those three at the helm slashing wages whenever possible, Grant (who has the uplifting abilities of a dead fish) it is hardly surprising the team went down. Most agents will be advising their players to get out - except one. WHy? Because against FA/FL rules they have recruited an agent as a Director of Football. So the only time WHU will bounce back is when that agent turns a sow's ear into a silk purse by having a good crop of youngsters.

I'm not a WHU fan but for once I feel sorry for those guys because the institution they support has been well and truly raped and in 2012/2013 pillaged.
  • Saw the score after 30 mins and thought great, we have a chance.
    Flicked over after it had finished and had to rub my eyes.
    Why o why do we go to sleep in the second half?
    Agree with comments about how the club is run/managed but can't be to blame for that
    :(
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    Always had a soft spot for WH until the Gold/ Sullivan takeover and the disgraceful way they undermined and ultimately binned Zola / Clarke. Appointment of Grant as manager was a ridiculous decision and the have got their just deserts.

Hopefuly Izza's post above will not come to fruition and somebody in the council / Olympics will have the nous to structure the Olympic transaction so that proceeds from disposal of Upton Park are not sucked up by Gold/ Sullivan... but that is probably wishful thinking :(
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    izza wrote:
    West Ham owners deserve it for the way they sacked Zola last year after keeping them up, he was never given a proper chance.

I spoke to some WHU backroom staff.

The owners are only in it for the stadium. They told the supporters they were putting in lots of funds. What they actually did was borrow against Upton Park. Once they get the Olympic stadium cheap (that's why they will promise Seb Coe anything), with council/state loans onto the WHU books there will be a firesale and the profit goes into thee three stooges' pockets.

With those three at the helm slashing wages whenever possible, Grant (who has the uplifting abilities of a dead fish) it is hardly surprising the team went down. Most agents will be advising their players to get out - except one. WHy? Because against FA/FL rules they have recruited an agent as a Director of Football. So the only time WHU will bounce back is when that agent turns a sow's ear into a silk purse by having a good crop of youngsters.

I'm not a WHU fan but for once I feel sorry for those guys because the institution they support has been well and truly raped and in 2012/2013 pillaged.

This always seemed apparent to me, they made a tidy sum on Birmingham by running it as nothing more than a money making opportunity (who could now follow you down too!) and I remember talking to a hammers exile round this way not long after they took over, he wasn't happy and said they'd only be getting involved if they'd spotted a quick buck to be made. Not sure how true it was but I'd heard the ticket prices at brum show up dramatically under their ownership..has this been the case at West Ham?
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    They must have either a great scouting set-up or fantastic youth coaches.

Sir Tony Carr can take most of the credit.

This made me laugh (from the BBC website). If Gullivan thought they weren't unpopular, they'd just have install Colin in the morning...

1/3 Steve McLaren
    7/1 Chris Hughton
    7/1 Kevin Keen
    9/1 Neil Warnock
    10/1 Sam Allardyce
    12/1 Slaven Bilic
    14/1 Martin O'Neill
    14/1 Brendan Rodgers